Author: Patricia J. Telesco
Trade Paperback, 160 pages
Publisher: Citadel Press
Publication date: May 1999
Price & More Info: Click Here
Additional books by this author
One of the questions I am asked most often by students is how to create their own personal book of shadows. It seems like it should be an easy question to answer, but often it takes working with the student to create something that they will use. Now Patricia Telesco takes on the question -- with much better answers than I usually came up with.
It was the author's name that caused me to first pull this book from the shelves -- I have enjoyed many of her other books. However, it was the sub-title that kept me from putting it back. "How to Write Your Own Magickal Spells." Now, that sounded truly promising.
Like her many other books, Ms. Telesco writes in a clear-cut, yet not condescending, manner. She wants her readers to understand, but she doesn't treat them like children. Given the writing of certain other authors of 101 type books, her tone is indeed refreshing.
Starting with the mundane subject of making your own paper, she progresses to showing you how to make the mundane magickal. From what kind of inks to use for what kind of results to how to organize your information, there is something for everyone -- newbie to third-degree.
One thing that I have always loved about Ms. Telesco and her books is that she is never out to cram "her way" of doing things down your throat. In fact, she starts this book by pointing out that before you start your book, you need to sit down and look at who you are, what you believe, and where you believe you are heading.
Very good advice in my opinion.
Exercises, challenges, reading lists, and space for personal notes made this book very user friendly.
I highly recommend this book.
Reviewed by Elspeth
Additional Books by Patricia J. Telesco
- 365 Goddess: A Daily Guide to the Magic and Inspiration of the Goddess
- Advanced Wicca: Exploring Deeper Levels of Spiritual Skills and Masterful Magick
- Cat Magic: Mews, Myths, and Mystery
- A Charmed Life
- Dog Spirit: Hounds, Howlings, and Hocus Pocus
- Ghosts, Spirits and Hauntings
- Goddess in My Pocket: Simple Spells, Charms, Potions, and Chants to Get You Everything You Want
- Healer's Handbook: A Holistic Guide to Wellness in the New Age
- The Herbal Arts: A Handbook of Gardening, Recipes, Healing, Crafts, and Spirituality
- A Kitchen Witch's Cookbook
- The Language of Dreams
- Little Book of Love Magic
- Magick Made Easy: Charms, Spells, Potions, and Power
- The Magick of Folk Wisdom
- Magickal Places: A Wiccan's Guide to Sacred Sites and Spiritual Centers
- Mirror, Mirror: Reflections of the Sacred Self
- Seasons of the Sun: Celebrations from the World's Spiritual Traditions
- Shaman in A 9 to 5 World
- Spinning Spells, Weaving Wonders: Modern Magic for Everyday Life
- Victorian Grimoire: Romance, Enchantment, Magic
- Wicca 2000: Invocations, Prayers, and Rituals for the Magickal Millennium
- The Wiccan Book of Ceremonies and Rituals
- Wishing Well: Empowering Your Hopes and Dreams
- A Witch's Beverages and Brews