The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 23, 2020, 07:04:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2020, 07:04:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Glasses  (Read 9107 times)
Blackdragon
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 02:20:53 am
United States United States

Religion: Stregheria

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: September 11, 2009, 02:34:54 pm »

Hoooooray! for new glasses. I can finally see. The whole right side of the room isin't blurry anymore. Everything is in focus!

Of Course now I can see the three deadlines loaming down on me.
Oh well at least I can see them clearly now.

Did I mention how cool it is to actualy be able to see?!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: September 11, 2009, 03:16:16 pm »

Hoooooray! for new glasses. I can finally see. The whole right side of the room isin't blurry anymore. Everything is in focus!

It's totally cool!  I love new glasses!  Enjoy!

AntlerandHerb.com
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2020, 10:47:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: September 11, 2009, 04:41:30 pm »

Congrats on the new glasses. I remember when I got new glasses after my eyes really changed a lot between exams when I was a teen and being so happy top be able to see individual leaves on trees. LOL.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Blackdragon
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: September 11, 2009, 05:02:57 pm »

Congrats on the new glasses. I remember when I got new glasses after my eyes really changed a lot between exams when I was a teen and being so happy top be able to see individual leaves on trees. LOL.

Thanks guys

They are my first glasses ever. After always being  far sighted, I am now more far sighted in my left eye and near sighted in my right eye. So the world was all lopsided and I was having these terrible headaches.  Which lead to all kinds of expensive tests before they decided it was my eye..... finally.

The funny thing is that I was used to sun glasses so I keep trying to take them off when I go in a building. So the other day Dusty and I go to the store. We walk in And I take off my glasses and hook them on the neck of my tee shirt. And Dusty starts laughing while I stand there blinking and trying to figure out why the whole south end of Target just went all fuzzy.

Owl
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: September 11, 2009, 05:22:14 pm »

Thanks guys

They are my first glasses ever. After always being  far sighted, I am now more far sighted in my left eye and near sighted in my right eye. So the world was all lopsided and I was having these terrible headaches.  Which lead to all kinds of expensive tests before they decided it was my eye..... finally.

The funny thing is that I was used to sun glasses so I keep trying to take them off when I go in a building. So the other day Dusty and I go to the store. We walk in And I take off my glasses and hook them on the neck of my tee shirt. And Dusty starts laughing while I stand there blinking and trying to figure out why the whole south end of Target just went all fuzzy.

ROTLF!!!  I always get transitions lenses because I'm photo sensitive, but I would have laughed at you too!

AntlerandHerb.com
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: September 11, 2009, 10:16:28 pm »

Thanks guys

lmao. That's awesome. My grandma likes to put them on top of her head... and then forget they're there. I dont' know how many times I've had to remind her that they are on her head.

New glasses are always good. I can't go without the right prescription. If I don't have up to date glasses, I get horrible headaches.
-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: September 12, 2009, 01:04:28 pm »

I hear ya!  Grin  I remember my first pair. I was about 13.  The first time I put them on I was like "WOW" everything was so clear and sharp. And the colors!
Blackdragon
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: September 12, 2009, 03:18:30 pm »

ROTLF!!!  I always get transitions lenses because I'm photo sensitive, but I would have laughed at you too!

Laugh at me if you will. I laugh in the face of your laughter. Ha Ha! For I now have the +1 glasses of sight. I get a bonus to all my spot checks!

Or in other words

I can see clearly now
The rain is gone
I can see all popsicles in my way

Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #8: September 14, 2009, 05:55:00 am »

I know what you mean. I really should go and get my eyes tested again, but don't really want to. It costs me a fortune every time. I'm photosensitive and have to get really dark tinted lenses for everyday use. The amount of times I've been told off at work for wearing sunglasses at my desk is untrue, but it is quite comical to see peoples' faces when I have to explain that the aren't shades and if they really don't want me to wear them in work, they will have to either turn off all the lights and buy me a new pair, or just send me home and pay me for not being there at all!

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: September 14, 2009, 11:51:53 am »

I know what you mean. I really should go and get my eyes tested again, but don't really want to. It costs me a fortune every time. I'm photosensitive and have to get really dark tinted lenses for everyday use. The amount of times I've been told off at work for wearing sunglasses at my desk is untrue, but it is quite comical to see peoples' faces when I have to explain that the aren't shades and if they really don't want me to wear them in work, they will have to either turn off all the lights and buy me a new pair, or just send me home and pay me for not being there at all!

I've known a few people who have to wear tinted lenses all the time. One guy was in high school- it was fun convincing people that he needed the glasses, and that they weren't sunglasses.
-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #10: September 14, 2009, 01:35:17 pm »

I've known a few people who have to wear tinted lenses all the time. One guy was in high school- it was fun convincing people that he needed the glasses, and that they weren't sunglasses.
-Devo

I think that the best one I have had so far was when I went to see a friend's band perform in a blues club. The guy who was hosting the event looked at me from the stage and just said 'and there is the epitome of cool-a lady who even wears her shades indoors' and started aplauding, which got the whole place at it! How embarrassing! I didn't dare say that, no, they aren't shades, they are just my normal specs...... Embarrassed

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Owl
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: September 14, 2009, 04:21:34 pm »

Laugh at me if you will. I laugh in the face of your laughter. Ha Ha! For I now have the +1 glasses of sight.

Ah, but my glasses are progressive lenses which means 3 prescriptions in one.  Certainly that should be at least a +2........  Grin

AntlerandHerb.com
Blackdragon
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: September 16, 2009, 05:21:37 pm »

Ah, but my glasses are progressive lenses which means 3 prescriptions in one.  Certainly that should be at least a +2........  Grin

Does that mean that with a differant precription for each eye that my glasses are +2?

Owl
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: September 16, 2009, 05:41:40 pm »

Does that mean that with a differant precription for each eye that my glasses are +2?

Dude - almost everyone has a different prescription for each eye....exactly the same is very rare.

AntlerandHerb.com
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: September 16, 2009, 10:23:22 pm »

The first pair I had were rose tinted. Smiley Seriously. 

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)