The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 07, 2021, 07:29:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 07, 2021, 07:29:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Asatru/Heathenry SIG?  (Read 19955 times)
AnhagaDaegal
Apprentice
Last Login:September 18, 2009, 08:01:48 am
United States United States

Religion: Anglo-Saxon, Germanic, and Celtic Heathenry/Witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: September 17, 2009, 10:20:36 pm »

I know I'm a new member, but I was wondering if there was ever any thought or request to have an Asatru/Heathenry SIG?

That way it would also be geared toward Anglo-Saxon and Germanic Heathenry alongside Asatru?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: September 17, 2009, 10:26:19 pm »

I know I'm a new member, but I was wondering if there was ever any thought or request to have an Asatru/Heathenry SIG?

That way it would also be geared toward Anglo-Saxon and Germanic Heathenry alongside Asatru?

There may have been in the past, I don't remember.  Generally we only create new SIGs when they are in high demand.  Since our sister forum is Asatru Lore (link at the top of the side bar on the left side of your screen), and many of our Heathen members are also members there, an Asatru/Heathenry SIG seems a bit unlikely.

Then again, I think the hosts are ultimately the ones who decide this kind of thing.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
AnhagaDaegal
Apprentice
Last Login:September 18, 2009, 08:01:48 am

Religion: Anglo-Saxon, Germanic, and Celtic Heathenry/Witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: September 17, 2009, 10:29:12 pm »

Duh me ... Didn't even pay attention to that. Thanks for the hint Melamphoros!
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: September 18, 2009, 08:10:28 am »

There may have been in the past, I don't remember.  Generally we only create new SIGs when they are in high demand.  Since our sister forum is Asatru Lore (link at the top of the side bar on the left side of your screen), and many of our Heathen members are also members there, an Asatru/Heathenry SIG seems a bit unlikely.

There's an Asatru group on TCN as well. If enough Asatruar to keep it active wanted an Asatru SIG, we could certainly have one, but Asatru Lore is already there.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: January 20, 2010, 07:21:47 pm »

Tangent: I've been wondering if there's enough presence here on TC to start a SIG for Asatru/Heathenry? I know that's what AsatruLore is supposed to be for, but they have a rather different tone than TC at this point... I wasn't sure where to post this thought  Huh
I'm bumping this here, as it came up on another thread. Can we reevaluate this possibly? AL is all fine and good... but it's not TC.

Just a thought...

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
SatAset
Adept Member
Last Login:November 06, 2011, 11:27:55 pm

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Heathen, Orisa devotee

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 20, 2010, 07:49:36 pm »

I'm bumping this here, as it came up on another thread. Can we reevaluate this possibly? AL is all fine and good... but it's not TC.

Just a thought...

I'd be interested as I said in the other thread.  Do we have a link to that somewhere? 

I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --Me
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: January 20, 2010, 08:00:44 pm »

I'd be interested as I said in the other thread.  Do we have a link to that somewhere? 
If you click on the quote info at the top of the quote, it's a link that takes you to that thread.

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
SatAset
Adept Member
Last Login:November 06, 2011, 11:27:55 pm

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Heathen, Orisa devotee

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 20, 2010, 09:13:36 pm »

If you click on the quote info at the top of the quote, it's a link that takes you to that thread.

Oh.  Okay.  Thanks.

I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --Me
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: January 21, 2010, 08:25:52 am »

Any new SIGs would probably have to wait until I can get a new computer (which could be months in a worse case scenario) as setting one up requires web site work as well as forum work. Sad  However, if there is enough interest, we will do one. So far, I'm not sure the interest is there, so those interested do need to post in on this thread.

For info on what I am talking about computer wise, forum members who are logged in can see this thread: Randall's Computer Dead as a Doornail
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:33:16 am by Melamphoros, Reason: Fix URL » Logged

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #9: January 21, 2010, 08:41:01 am »

However, if there is enough interest, we will do one. So far, I'm not sure the interest is there, so those interested do need to post in on this thread.

The idea was resurrected in this thread:
http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=11137.msg191347#msg191347
(Link takes you to the post where the idea is introduced.)

I count eight people there (including HB and SatAset) who have expressed an interest in an Asatru/Heathenry SIG in that thread.  I've asked them to post in over here as well.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #10: January 21, 2010, 08:47:38 am »

Definitely interested.

Is there a way to have more than one SIG leader-type person? I'd be more than happy to help make sure this SIG runs smoothly, but I've started up college again and help would be most appreciated. Smiley

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: January 21, 2010, 08:59:17 am »

Definitely interested.

Is there a way to have more than one SIG leader-type person? I'd be more than happy to help make sure this SIG runs smoothly, but I've started up college again and help would be most appreciated. Smiley

I can count three or four SIGs at the top of my head that have two SIG Leaders (not counting the Ta Hiera Hellenic Polytheist SIG which as I understand is a special case).  So it is possible.

My Spiritual Blog
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #12: January 21, 2010, 09:00:14 am »

Not Randall, but:  I believe we've got more than one leader in other SIGs, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem.  Smiley  Thanks for volunteering!  Aside from interest, the other thing we kind of need to start something up is someone to lead it, so...  Wink

Anyone else want to volunteer to help Ellen out here?

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #13: January 21, 2010, 09:10:52 am »

I know I have someone in mind, but I think that it would be best to let her volunteer.

My Spiritual Blog
Casey
Master Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:30:47 am

Religion: Heathen

Grab a beer and celebrate day!

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #14: January 21, 2010, 10:17:11 am »

I would like to help out anyway I can if an Asatru/Heathen SIG gets started here, but I know there are better options out there than myself for this.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)