The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 07, 2021, 09:48:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2021, 09:48:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - Season 4 2009  (Read 42071 times)
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #105: December 03, 2009, 08:44:31 am »

Haven't updated at all so...

School, Work and Other Unpleasantness
1. Do well in school -- I'll let you guys know in a few weeks
2. Finish the book I have to read for history class by Thanksgiving -- Didn't even get half-way through.  Looks like I'll have to BS my way through the paper I have to write.
3. Find a job -- not yet, but keep your fingers crossed.
4. Try not to have anything turned off -- Failed, both the cable and internet.  Plus I overdrew from the bank when I paid the electric bill

Creative Goals
1. TRY to get at least 12.5K in NaNoWriMo -- failed.
2. Write more short stories -- I managed to write ten more so, at least I got this one Cool

Mental and Physical Health Goals
1. Try to fit in a book unrelated to class somehow -- I have less than forty pages left so I will probably finish sometime this evening and get started on another.  What that other is, I haven't decided yet.
2. Take a local ghost tour in October. -- forgot about this one
3. Try to figure out why I'm so out of it recently -- still haven't figured it out
3. Get away with murder -- oh if only it were possible to kill over the internet this goal would probably be done have a dozen times by now Roll Eyes
[/quote]

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #106: December 03, 2009, 06:29:32 pm »

3. Find a job -- not yet, but keep your fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed!

SilentEcho
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 20, 2011, 07:46:31 am

Religion: Pagan, eclectic studies for now

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #107: December 06, 2009, 10:10:50 am »

Practical Things:
 1. Clean and reorganize my bedroom-by October 15th.
     -Eliminate 'stuff' I no longer need/wear, donate where applicable.
     -Rearrange furniture so that plant stand will be under the west-facing window(most natural light).  This needs done by Oct. 1st.

2. Decrease total book stacks by 20%(at least), I have more coming in than going out-by Nov. 1st.

3. Renew recycling efforts(need winter hours schedule)starting this Saturday, at least twice a month.-Ongoing.

Personal Fitness:
 1. Walk 5 days a week, at least 45 minutes total each day.-Ongoing.

2. Set up a 'consistent' strength training schedule of 3 times a week.-Ongoing.

Spiritual:
 1. Renew daily devotional practice-I really missed doing this.-Ongoing.

2. Restart meditation practice/learning at least 4 times a week-Ongoing.

3. Begin journaling again in my paper and online journals, at least 4 times a week.-Ongoing  
    - edit lj blog and learn how to use it better.
I truly didn't mean to slack on these posts.... Sad   Progress-if that's what you want to call it is:

Practical Stuff:
1. Is still in progress.  The owners of the storage unit I rent, sold the property(Nov. 2nd).  The new owners made everyone empty out and then could re-rent at a higher rate.  While almost twice what I was paying, it was the only small unit available around here. ::sigh::  So, I've been going through those boxes and reorganizing as I move them back.  I've taken a couple bags of clothes and stuff to the thrift store.

2. I haven't quite reached 20%, but have moved one box to storage, and 2 bags to the used bookstore.  I can see the back of my bookcase now!

3. I've manage to make one trip to recycling(client cancelled visit), no one here can be bothered to help me.   Lips sealed

Personal Fitness:
1. I gave up trying to walk across the street in the mornings, but I do walk there on Wed., Fri. and Sun. afternoons.  The community center has a fitness room(the old gym when the building was the high school), but they want $35 a month membership, just to walk around the perimeter.   Lips sealed

2. Strength train twice a week in the mornings-usually.

Spiritual:
1. I created a tray for devotions, and manage most days of the week(4 or 5).

2. This, I am doing better at-I've discovered meditating in the bathtub and love it!

3. The journaling on paper is going well.  The online, not so much.  I just haven't taken the time to do this.

Overall, I guess it's not as bad as I thought.  I'm just disgusted with my bedroom situation and storage, and to top it off my slacker nephew has moved back in with us-what's his is his, what's yours can be used by him when he wants!  More of my things moved into my room.   Angry

8 goals-Practical Things-deadlines shot, but not a total loss.
           Personal Fitness-reduced, but still viable.
           Spiritual-the best out of the 3 catagories.
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #108: December 06, 2009, 10:19:15 am »

2. This, I am doing better at-I've discovered meditating in the bathtub and love it!

Cheesy  I know what you mean- it's about the only quiet place in the house where I can sit undisturbed for more than five minutes.

Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #109: December 06, 2009, 11:07:58 am »

I'm not posting a personal update this week, as things are status quo.  Only two more weeks to go, which means its time to start thinking about next season already.  Argh!

Here are the long overdue group stats:

Number of participants: 13
Number of goals: 125
Goals completed: 36.5
Percentage of goals completed: 29.2%

Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #110: December 06, 2009, 09:02:40 pm »

2 Done

5 In progress

1. Wardrobe - I need to update my work wardrobe since I'm cycling thru the same two pairs of pants and four shirts. Keeping my eye out for shirts, atm. Done. Sister took me shopping.  I'm good for this season.

2. Boxes - Continuing on my unboxing quest. One box a week looks to be my goal. Missed last week but did two this week so good to go.

3. Exercise - 3-4 times a week.  Taking a walk, Wii-fit, yoga, whatever.  Just something. Bah, no dice.  Again.

4. Kitchen - 1 maybe 2, fancy meals a week.  Otherwise known as not spaghetti and hopefully with meat.This is working out pretty good. Good this week.

5. Work - Keeping my job and not killing anyone.I hate my coworkers. So keeping my temper with monumental idiots is a difficult proposition. Everyone is still alive.  Amazingly enough. Also, picked up a merchandising job and I'm hoping it'll fill in the gaps.

6. Christmas - Start banging out the homemade gifts for christmas for the family.  Progress - Mostly done.  Have supplies for the last one, hopefully will have it done at the end of the week.

7. Storm Windows on the house Done. Cheesy

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #111: December 07, 2009, 08:38:52 am »

No real progress on anything, unfortunately.

Fitness

1.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Solutions Fitness Ball DVD.--Done.
2.  Complete 6 weeks of new exercise schedule.--::sigh::  Still working on the 4th week.  But halfway there, this time.  I think it's still mathematically possible to complete this one...  right?
3.  Do 15 sessions with bellydance-type slimdown DVD.--Currently at 8.  This is not going to happen by the end of the season; postponing goal until next season.
4.  Do 15 sessions with tummy trimmers DVD.--Currently at 8.

Writing

1.  Finish filling in backstory for Nia before November 1.--Done.
2.  Reach 50K and a finished draft in NaNoWriMo.--DONE!  Woohoo!
3.  Decide whether to continue work on last year's NaNoWriMo project, and if so, set goals accordingly.--Waiting to see if I can get some input from a friend, but leaning toward "yes".
4.  Now that I have a backstory, finish outlining how Nia discovers it.  Before November 1.--Done.  Very sketchily, but it'll do.

Fun Stuff

1.  Learn to play one song on the guitar.--No progress.  Cancelling goal for this season--maybe next season.
2.  Watch Buffy though the end of S5[/s]--No progress.  Cancelling goal for lack of interest.

Total Goals:  10
Complete:  4 (40%)
Postponed Until Next Season:  2 (20%)
Cancelled:  1 (10%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #112: December 08, 2009, 09:37:06 am »

Mid-week revisions after doing a little math.  This is effectively my last update for the season; I can continue to make progress on some of these, but will not be able to finish any more of them before the solstice.  There's really only one that I'm counting as a total failure, though.  The others can be postponed to next season.

Fitness

1.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Solutions Fitness Ball DVD.--Done.
2.  Complete 6 weeks of new exercise schedule.--Just realized that no, it is not mathematically possible to get the full 6 weeks this season.  Fail.  (This was supposed to be 6 weeks this season, hence the total fail rather than postponing it.)
3.  Do 15 sessions with bellydance-type slimdown DVD.--Changing this postponement to a cancellation.  I'm just not interested enough.  Time to try something else.
4.  Do 15 sessions with tummy trimmers DVD.--Currently at 8.  Postponing to next season because I just realized that with the schedule I've got set up, it's not mathematically possible to finish this season.

Writing

1.  Finish filling in backstory for Nia before November 1.--Done.
2.  Reach 50K and a finished draft in NaNoWriMo.--DONE!  Woohoo!
3.  Decide whether to continue work on last year's NaNoWriMo project, and if so, set goals accordingly.--Done.  The answer is, yes, but not yet.
4.  Now that I have a backstory, finish outlining how Nia discovers it.  Before November 1.--Done.  Very sketchily, but it'll do.

Fun Stuff

1.  Learn to play one song on the guitar.--No progress.  Cancelling goal for this season--maybe next season.
2.  Watch Buffy though the end of S5[/s]--No progress.  Cancelling goal for lack of interest.

Total Goals:  10
Complete:  5 (50%)
Postponed Until Next Season:  2 (20%)
Cancelled:  2 (20%)
Failed:  1 (10%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #113: December 08, 2009, 12:11:03 pm »

Have you actually seen all 7 seasons of Buffy (and Angel 1-5 if appropriate)? I have all of them on DVD and I absolutely love them. I am aware that I am somewhat geeky about this as I also have all of them in limited edition numbered VHS box sets too. Luckily for me, my hubby has a thing for Alyson Hannigan and Eliza Dushku so I get to watch them without the usual complaints! It also might be that I paid a fair amount for a signed photo that had a personal message to Noel written on it-plus she is only wearing a bikini and is wet through on the photo. I have a feeling that this might have something to do with his lack of complaints-what do you think?

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #114: December 08, 2009, 12:16:28 pm »

Have you actually seen all 7 seasons of Buffy (and Angel 1-5 if appropriate)?

No; that was the original point of the ongoing Buffy-related goals, to finally watch all seven seasons.  I've read detailed recaps, so I know pretty much what happens, but I've never actually seen the whole thing.  I'm two episodes away from the end of S5; this is the farthest I've gotten in watching the series.  I'm just losing interest, unfortunately.  Sad  I would probably stay more interested if I had the time to watch it a little more consistently, but that's not been the case lately.  I'll probably come back to it at some point, but right now I'm just all Buffied out.

As for Angel, I watched the first three seasons once upon a time, but it's been a long time since I did.  I intend to fix that at some point too.

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #115: December 08, 2009, 01:04:00 pm »

No; that was the original point of the ongoing Buffy-related goals, to finally watch all seven seasons.  I've read detailed recaps, so I know pretty much what happens, but I've never actually seen the whole thing.  I'm two episodes away from the end of S5; this is the farthest I've gotten in watching the series.  I'm just losing interest, unfortunately.  Sad  I would probably stay more interested if I had the time to watch it a little more consistently, but that's not been the case lately.  I'll probably come back to it at some point, but right now I'm just all Buffied out.

As for Angel, I watched the first three seasons once upon a time, but it's been a long time since I did.  I intend to fix that at some point too.

I get like that sometimes-when you have a whole season or more to watch at any one time, you just get to thinking 'OK, enough is enough. I just can't be bothered any more-I need to watch something else that has absolutely nothing in common with.....'.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #116: December 13, 2009, 01:03:50 pm »

Here are the long overdue group stats:

Number of participants: 13
Number of goals: 125
Goals completed: 36.5
Percentage of goals completed: 29.2%

I won't post new stats this week, but will remind everyone that this season is ending a week from tomorrow (eep!).  That means it's time to start wrapping up the current lists and get ready for the new season. 

If anyone's ready to start their next season's list, the thread is here: Life's To Do List - 2010 Season 1

Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #117: December 13, 2009, 01:13:50 pm »

Well crap..... Seems I've forgotten this for a hella long time... *sigh*

1. Pass my classes. So far, the two posted are A's  Grin I'm worried about the two that aren't though!

2. Lose the last 12 pounds that will put me into the "healthy" weight range. -Umm... yeah. Went the complete wrong way on this.-Fail

3. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Same as above.  Sad-Fail

4. Finish getting the new place in some order... chaos reigns atm. Did get this one done finally Woot!!

5. Get license and tag and hopefully fill the freezer with venison.-Didn't get a deer this year. Sad .5 fail

Goals: 6
Accomplished: 1.5
Fail: 2.5

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #118: December 13, 2009, 01:17:53 pm »

Well crap..... Seems I've forgotten this for a hella long time... *sigh*

It happens quite often around here!  Usually, I'm the one doing the forgetting.  Cheesy

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #119: December 13, 2009, 03:56:32 pm »

Brighid's World:

1. Blog in An Seanchas Fior every Flamekeeping shift.--Now that NaNo is over, maybe I can get back on this.
2. Participate in NaNoWriMo.--A winner is me. Yay.  Smiley
3. Finalize, and begin rituals/whatever for calendar on Samhain.--Hah. I may get something together by solstice, but that is also unlikely.

The Rest of the World:

4. Begin, and do well in copy editing certificate program; complete self paced course by Solstice.--In progress. Not going to be finished by Solstice. Almost definitely sure of that.
5. Continue looking for a job.--I'm marking this done. I won't be actively looking again until after the new year.

My World:

6. Crochet a Mother Bear by Solstice.--Done!
7. Crochet one more pattern blocks on my bhrat by Solstice.--Done!

Total Goals Completed: 4
Total Goals Failed: 1

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)