The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 19, 2021, 11:08:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2021, 11:08:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - Season 4 2009  (Read 43240 times)
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm
United States United States

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #120: December 14, 2009, 01:33:26 am »

Religious Stuff

1: Figure out which direction I'm moving in.
2: Create a Samhain ritual.
3: Create a Yule ritual.

House Stuff

1: Repair bathroom floor.  Fail, move forward to next year when it warms up a bit.
2: Do final bits of wood stove installation.
3: Winterize house.
a: windows
b: doors
c: vents

Health Stuff

1: Keep up with the yoga. Fail, but not completely.  I've been too busy running like a headless chicken, so I've been getting the needed exercise, just not as yoga.
2: Find solutions for my skin condition that work.  I'm taking this as a success, though the solution only can be used for a few days at a time, then I have to take a week or two off because one shouldn't use it daily for any long period.
3: Start taking supplements again as required.
4: Go riding as often as physically possible.

Creative Stuff

1: Do a "stained glass" design on the window next to the wood stove, since the interior window treatment has to come down for the winter.
2: Paint "fire wall" for behind the wood stove with Tree of Life.   Done!
3: Finish quilt.

4: Reupholster desk chair, Parson's chairs and hassock. Will be done this week!

13 goals.Let's change that, because I'm adding a goal or three...

Work

1: Find a job I can physically do and do it. I'm thinking 20 hours a week to start would be good.  Okay, I'm taking this as a success because I have come to the realization that my volunteer work IS the work I can physically do.  I do at least two days a month with the pantry, often more, and the fire department.  More than what I'm doing now would be too much.
2: Talk to Bill about volunteering to work with the therapy riding for the disabled project. I talked to him, and will be helping out next spring.
3: Begin gathering up equine gear with intent of buying a horse next spring.  Gen will have her horse when she gets home! 
a. saddles (Western pleasure/trail for Gen, English pleasure for myself.) 
b. bits and bridles  Still looking for a. and b., though it isn't vital we buy right now as we can borrow until we find what we want.
c. halters
d. longe rope (found the one I want to get, but we're borrowing for now.) and whip
e. riding crop, helmet and both summer and winter weight riding attire. (Western for Gen, English for myself)  I have most of my winter weight riding attire now, though I am still looking for a pair of wool breeches at a price I can swing.  Bill has a couple of good used helmets and I'm buying one off of him in January, and somewhere in the shed I have a decent crop, so done except for the last item for me and Gen wants a pair of Carhardts for riding/barn work, which we're also still looking for in her size.
d. rakes, brushes, combs, etc. for coat and mane and tail care. Found at a decent price and will be picking them up in a week or so.
e. 4-6 saddle blankets (borrowing for now)
f. anything else I think of that isn't already listed, feed buckets, hay racks, etc.
17 goals, 14 done, 2 nearly done and one moving to spring.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #121: December 14, 2009, 10:22:38 am »

1.  Complete 'Dino Dash' outfits for this Sunday's 5k. Can't wait to see pics from this.

2.  Create a timeline and/or steps to complete the following goals.--Done!

3.  Complete wedding dress mock-up; CHOOSE a dress. I bought a wedding dress today!!  Grin No mockup necessary.

4.  Regain the upper body strength that I lost after breaking my arm.----Calling this done, although I could go beyond and actually tone up some more.

5.  Come up with one small, regular, spiritual practice.--I guess I can call this done, even if the actually practicing part has slowed.

6.  Acquire Christmas gifts for friends and family.--Done!

7.  Update my wardrobe (thanks for the idea Devo) by sewing most outfits. --The sewing is slow going, but I have purchased some items that are certainly helping this along.

Total Goals: 7
Goals Complete: 6

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #122: December 16, 2009, 12:06:25 pm »

Although this quarter doesn't end till the end of hte week, I'm just gonna update this all now, because I don't expect anything to change by the end of hte week.

-I'd like to keep my job. But beyond that, I'd like to help my company become more noticed and become an integral part of the team. I also want me and my so to move back into full time work at higher wages. -I'm marking this failed. Nothing has happened yet, and I doubt anything will happen in the next few days. While I've kept my job, it hasn't gotten any better, or shown any signs of growth since I got it in Sept.
-I'd like to get nice furniture for my house/apt. -Done.
-I'd like to update my wardrobe. -Done.
-I'd like to get closer to my religion.-Done.
-I'd like the creative juices to flow freely so that I can do better at my job.[/s[-I guess I'll mark this as done, I survived and came up with resources and game ideas.
-Eating in more-December has gone really well. This will be moved to next quarter.
-Eating more produce, less processed stuff -Done.

Goals Completed: 5
Goals Failed: 2

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #123: December 16, 2009, 03:50:51 pm »

Time for a final update:

1.  Complete 'Dino Dash' outfits for this Sunday's 5k. Can't wait to see pics from this.

2.  Create a timeline and/or steps to complete the following goals.--Done!

3.  Complete wedding dress mock-up; CHOOSE a dress. I bought a wedding dress today!!  Grin No mockup necessary.

4.  Regain the upper body strength that I lost after breaking my arm.----Calling this done, although I could go beyond and actually tone up some more.

5.  Come up with one small, regular, spiritual practice.--I guess I can call this done, even if the actually practicing part has slowed.

6.  Acquire Christmas gifts for friends and family.--Done!

7.  Update my wardrobe (thanks for the idea Devo) by sewing most outfits. --Partially complete, will carry over into next season.

Goals Complete: 6

That's 86%!  Probably the best I've ever done.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #124: December 16, 2009, 09:42:04 pm »

Last one for the season, since I don't see anything else getting better. I'll figure something out shortly for next season

1. Pass my classes. I got straight A's. WOOT!!!!!!!

2. Lose the last 12 pounds that will put me into the "healthy" weight range. -Umm... yeah. Went the complete wrong way on this.-Fail

3. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Same as above.  Sad-Fail

4. Finish getting the new place in some order... chaos reigns atm. Did get this one done finally Woot!!

5. Get license and tag and hopefully fill the freezer with venison.-Didn't get a deer this year. Sad .5 fail

Goals: 5
Accomplished: 2.5
Fail: 2.5

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #125: December 17, 2009, 10:28:34 am »

I got straight A's. WOOT!!!!!!

Yay!! Cheesy

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #126: December 17, 2009, 10:30:46 am »

Yay!! Cheesy

-Devo

Thanks!  Smiley Surprised the hell out of me, especially considering I haven't been to school in over 20 years, lol.

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #127: December 18, 2009, 10:55:47 am »

One last update of my list for the season.  I'll update the group stats after Solstice.

On Being a Responsible Adult:
1. Reduce personal debt by 10%. - Failed.
2. Reduce myself by 5% (weight loss, that is). - Failed.
3.  Resolve ongoing health issues without 1). making an unwanted trip to either Urgent Care or the ER, 2). cancelling of my vacation plans or spending the entire time on friend's couch looking like Death Warmed Over, 3). cussing out or otherwise making the staff at the new doctor's office cry, 4). getting an ulcer from too many iron tablets, 5). taking any more time off at work, and 6) killing anyone during this process.  - While managed to meet all sub-conditions here, the health issues are not entirely resolved.  Calling it a nice try, but a fail.
4. Clean out craft room and have a supply destash sale.  - Sale in progress, but craft room is not clean. 1/2 credit.
5. Re-open the HMD online shop. - Done.
6. Put aside money for UK trip. - Failed.
7.  Look for a new job.  - Done.  I've looked, applied, but not yet found.

From the Creative Depths:
1. Win NaNoWriMo. - Done!
2. Blog at least once/week. - 1/2 credit, as I think I've missed a week or two.
3. Make diaper cakes for expecting co-workers. - Done!
4. Photograph at least one "new" cemetery. - Done!
5. Finish putting together my Halloween costume. - Done!
6. Pick design and fabrics for throw quilt. - Failed.

The Ubiquitous Others:
1. Take road trip to visit friends. - Done!
2. Do my holiday shopping. - Done!
3. Complete harvesting and drying of plants. - Done.
4. Make outdoor trash cans bear-proof. - Done.
5. Plan workings for 2 year anni and for Samhain. - Done.
6. Read at least five books for pleasure. - Done.

My personal stats:
19 goals
13 completed
6 failed

Not my best job of getting things accomplished, but all things considered, I'm not unhappy with completing 2/3 of the list. 

Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #128: December 18, 2009, 11:49:54 am »

Religious Stuff

1: Figure out which direction I'm moving in.
2: Create a Samhain ritual.
3: Create a Yule ritual.

House Stuff

1: Repair bathroom floor. wOOt!  We'll have this fixed this week!  A friend has the stuff we need to do it and so it will get done after all!
2: Do final bits of wood stove installation.
3: Winterize house.
a: windows
b: doors
c: vents

Health Stuff

1: Keep up with the yoga. Fail, but not completely.  I've been too busy running like a headless chicken, so I've been getting the needed exercise, just not as yoga.
2: Find solutions for my skin condition that work.  I'm taking this as a success, though the solution only can be used for a few days at a time, then I have to take a week or two off because one shouldn't use it daily for any long period.
3: Start taking supplements again as required.
4: Go riding as often as physically possible.

Creative Stuff

1: Do a "stained glass" design on the window next to the wood stove, since the interior window treatment has to come down for the winter.
2: Paint "fire wall" for behind the wood stove with Tree of Life.   Done!
3: Finish quilt.

4: Reupholster desk chair, Parson's chairs and hassock. Will be done this week!

13 goals.Let's change that, because I'm adding a goal or three...

Work

1: Find a job I can physically do and do it. I'm thinking 20 hours a week to start would be good.  Okay, I'm taking this as a success because I have come to the realization that my volunteer work IS the work I can physically do.  I do at least two days a month with the pantry, often more, and the fire department.  More than what I'm doing now would be too much.
2: Talk to Bill about volunteering to work with the therapy riding for the disabled project. I talked to him, and will be helping out next spring.
3: Begin gathering up equine gear with intent of buying a horse next spring.  Gen will have her horse when she gets home! 
a. saddles (Western pleasure/trail for Gen, English pleasure for myself.) 
b. bits and bridles  Still looking for a. and b., though it isn't vital we buy right now as we can borrow until we find what we want, and we just got an offer that I need to follow up on to buy saddles at unbelievably good prices. 
c. halters
d. longe rope (found the one I want to get, but we're borrowing for now.) and whip
e. riding crop, helmet and both summer and winter weight riding attire. (Western for Gen, English for myself)  I have most of my winter weight riding attire now, though I am still looking for a pair of wool breeches at a price I can swing.  Bill has a couple of good used helmets and I'm buying one off of him in January, and somewhere in the shed I have a decent crop, so done except for the last item for me and Gen wants a pair of Carhardts for riding/barn work, which we're also still looking for in her size.
d. rakes, brushes, combs, etc. for coat and mane and tail care. Found at a decent price and will be picking them up in a week or so.
e. 4-6 saddle blankets (borrowing for now)
f. anything else I think of that isn't already listed, feed buckets, hay racks, etc.
17 goals, 15 done, 2 nearly done.

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #129: December 18, 2009, 11:55:22 am »

I think this will be the last update for me. I didn't do so hot this time around. Oh well--there's always next season!

Brighid's World:

1. Blog in An Seanchas Fior every Flamekeeping shift.--Failed.
2. Participate in NaNoWriMo.--Done, and won!  Smiley
3. Finalize, and begin rituals/whatever for calendar on Samhain.--Failed.

The Rest of the World:

4. Begin, and do well in copy editing certificate program; complete self paced course by Solstice.--Half done, but failed on completing the self paced course.
5. Continue looking for a job.--Done!

My World:

6. Crochet a Mother Bear by Solstice.--Done!
7. Crochet one more pattern blocks on my bhrat by Solstice.--Done!

Total Goals Completed: 4.5
Total Goals Failed: 2.5

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #130: December 21, 2009, 12:25:52 pm »

Last call!!!

The season ends at approximately 12:47pm EST today, so it's time to wrap up this season's lists.  I'll post stats later on to give folks a chance to give their final updates.

In the meantime, congrats to everyone on their accomplishments and don't forget to join the new Life's To Do List - 2010 Season 1 thread. 

SilentEcho
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 20, 2011, 07:46:31 am

Religion: Pagan, eclectic studies for now

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #131: December 21, 2009, 12:57:00 pm »

So...8 goals to start with.   

Practical things-
1.  There's still some work to be done, between the water shutoff and the storage unit it was a mess, but I'm close.  50% done.

2. The book stack is better-not really at 20% reduced, but very close(I've got one shelf of the bookcase and a couple boxes to sort yet). 50% done.

3. I made it to the recycling center a second time!  I'm calling this one done!

Personal Fitness-
1. I'm only walking once or twice a week, right now.  Fail.

2. Strength training 3 days a week! Yay!

Spiritual-
1. Daily devotions-most days! Done!

2. Meditations-still not doing as well as I'd like. 50% 

3. Journaling- I've been doing well with the paper journals, but nothing online.  50%

8 goals: 3 done
            4 50% done
            1 fail

Not too bad, I guess.  I had some obstacles that I hadn't anticipated.  Just under the wire! 

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #132: December 21, 2009, 02:03:40 pm »

School, Work and Other Unpleasantness
1. Do well in school -- done.  2 As and 2 Cs.  GPA is 3.182
2. Finish the book I have to read for history class by Thanksgiving -- failed
3. Find a job -- never happened
4. Try not to have anything turned off -- Failed, both the cable and internet.  Plus I overdrew from the bank when I paid the electric bill

Creative Goals
1. TRY to get at least 12.5K in NaNoWriMo -- failed.
2. Write more short stories -- I managed to write ten more so, at least I got this one Cool

Mental and Physical Health Goals
1. Try to fit in a book unrelated to class somehow -- done.
2. Take a local ghost tour in October. -- forgot about this one so failed
3. Try to figure out why I'm so out of it recently -- still haven't figured it out so failed
4. Get away with murder -- oh if only it were possible to kill over the internet this goal wouldn't have failed Roll Eyes

Finished: 3
Failed: 7

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #133: December 21, 2009, 06:36:09 pm »

[/i]
4. Get away with murder -- oh if only it were possible to kill over the internet this goal wouldn't have failed

Will hiding the bodies be a goal for next season?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #134: December 21, 2009, 07:10:32 pm »

Will hiding the bodies be a goal for next season?

No, I went back to not murdering anyone (but maiming is still ok)

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)