The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 07, 2021, 07:19:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 07, 2021, 07:19:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - Season 4 2009  (Read 41596 times)
Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #90: November 05, 2009, 02:30:24 pm »

1. Wardrobe - I need to update my work wardrobe since I'm cycling thru the same two pairs of pants and four shirts. Keeping my eye out for shirts, atm. So far,  nothing but the shirts I picked up.

2. Boxes - Continuing on my unboxing quest. One box a week looks to be my goal. I box at a time.

3. Exercise - 3-4 times a week.  Taking a walk, Wii-fit, yoga, whatever.  Just something. Bah, no dice.

4. Kitchen - 1 maybe 2, fancy meals a week.  Otherwise known as not spaghetti and hopefully with meat.This is working out pretty good. This week, pretty good.

5. Work - Keeping my job and not killing anyone.I hate my coworkers. So keeping my temper with monumental idiots is a difficult proposition. Ahhhhhrrrrgggghhh.  But everyone is still alive.

6. Christmas - Start banging out the homemade gifts for christmas for the family.  Called into work again, but progress has been made.

7. Storm Windows on the house Done. Cheesy

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #91: November 09, 2009, 11:18:00 am »

Post vacation update:

On Being a Responsible Adult:
1. Reduce personal debt by 10%. - On hold.
2. Reduce myself by 5% (weight loss, that is). - On hold until #3 is done.
3.  Resolve ongoing health issues without 1). making an unwanted trip to either Urgent Care or the ER, 2). cancelling of my vacation plans or spending the entire time on friend's couch looking like Death Warmed Over, 3). cussing out or otherwise making the staff at the new doctor's office cry, 4). getting an ulcer from too many iron tablets, 5). taking any more time off at work, and 6) killing anyone during this process.  - The last of the test results are in and looked good.  Essentially, it's now a matter of managing the anemia and controlling the factors that are contributing to it. Yeah, that's easy enough...in theory.  Roll Eyes  Reality is another matter. The dietary 'adjustments' are going to make me insane.
4. Clean out craft room and have a supply destash sale.  - Work in progress.
5. Re-open the HMD online shop. - Done.
6. Put aside money for UK trip. - On hold.
7.  Look for a new job.  - Work in progress.

From the Creative Depths:
1. Win NaNoWriMo. - I reached the 15K mark yesterday.  Things will slow down when I go back to work tomorrow, but if all else fails, I catch up over Thanksgiving weekend.
2. Blog at least once/week. - I decided to revamp my LJ blog, deleted the ramblings that were on it and made it into a writing blog.  I need to post two entries that I hand-wrote during vacation, but the first entry is up.
3. Make diaper cakes for expecting co-workers. - Must get them done by Thursday!
4. Photograph at least one "new" cemetery. - Didn't happen on vacation.
5. Finish putting together my Halloween costume. - Done!
6. Pick design and fabrics for throw quilt. - On hold until after NaNo and destash sale are complete.

The Ubiquitous Others:
1. Take road trip to visit friends. - Accomplished! Too much fun. If it weren't for the boring scenery and terrible pollution, I'd consider moving back. However, I like being able to breathe and see trees outside of my windows.
2. Do my holiday shopping. - No progress.
3. Complete harvesting and drying of plants. - Done.
4. Make outdoor trash cans bear-proof. - Done.
5. Plan workings for 2 year anni and for Samhain. - Done. And then some.
6. Read at least five books for pleasure. - Four down, one to go.

My personal stats:
19 goals
6 completed
6 on hold
0 failed
Progress Still Abounds, Just At A Slower Rate

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #92: November 09, 2009, 11:43:21 am »

Fitness

1.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Solutions Fitness Ball DVD.--Done.
2.  Complete 6 weeks of new exercise schedule.--That third week is proving a bit difficult to achieve.  I keep having days where I'm just too wiped out.  Not very many overall, though, just enough to break up my progress on this, so it's not all bad.
3.  Do 15 sessions with bellydance-type slimdown DVD.--Currently at 6.
4.  Do 15 sessions with tummy trimmers DVD.--Currently at 2.

Writing

1.  Finish filling in backstory for Nia before November 1.--Done.
2.  Reach 50K and a finished draft in NaNoWriMo.--In progress.  I'm aiming for crossing the 20K mark today.  (Too bad my plot is going a lot faster than expected.)
3.  Decide whether to continue work on last year's NaNoWriMo project, and if so, set goals accordingly.--Decision is waiting until after NaNo at least.
4.  Now that I have a backstory, finish outlining how Nia discovers it.  Before November 1.--Done.  Very sketchily, but it'll do.

Fun Stuff

1.  Learn to play one song on the guitar.--No progress.
2.  Watch Buffy though the end of S5--Revising goal to just finish out S5, because I'm frankly not all that interested anymore.  I have the S6 discs borrowed so I'll probably go ahead and watch "Once More With Feeling" before returning them all, but...  I know what happens in those last two seasons even if I haven't actually seen them, and there are other things I'd rather spend my time watching right now.

Total Goals:  10
Complete:  3 (30%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #93: November 09, 2009, 01:26:31 pm »

-I'd like to keep my job. But beyond that, I'd like to help my company become more noticed and become an integral part of the team. I also want me and my so to move back into full time work at higher wages. -Some games up for sale. Let's hope this prompts something.
-I'd like to get nice furniture for my house/apt. -Done.
-I'd like to update my wardrobe. -Only need underwear. So close to being done yesterday.. but small towns have no selection.
-I'd like to get closer to my religion.-Working on this.
-I'd like the creative juices to flow freely so that I can do better at my job.-I guess this is still working. We'll see.
-Eating in more-No further progress. Very VERY hit and miss.
-Eating more produce, less processed stuff -Done.

Total Goals: 7
Goals Completed: 2
Goals Failed: 0

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #94: November 13, 2009, 12:14:17 am »

1. Wardrobe - I need to update my work wardrobe since I'm cycling thru the same two pairs of pants and four shirts. Keeping my eye out for shirts, atm. Done. Sister took me shopping.  I'm good for this season.

2. Boxes - Continuing on my unboxing quest. One box a week looks to be my goal. One box at a time.

3. Exercise - 3-4 times a week.  Taking a walk, Wii-fit, yoga, whatever.  Just something. Bah, no dice.

4. Kitchen - 1 maybe 2, fancy meals a week.  Otherwise known as not spaghetti and hopefully with meat.This is working out pretty good. Good this week.

5. Work - Keeping my job and not killing anyone.I hate my coworkers. So keeping my temper with monumental idiots is a difficult proposition. Everyone is still alive.  Amazingly enough.

6. Christmas - Start banging out the homemade gifts for christmas for the family.  Progress has been made.  Picked up a few more gifts.

7. Storm Windows on the house Done. Cheesy

2 Done

5 In progress

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #95: November 16, 2009, 08:15:30 pm »

I forgot to update this yesterday...

3.  Resolve ongoing health issues without 1). making an unwanted trip to either Urgent Care or the ER, 2). cancelling of my vacation plans or spending the entire time on friend's couch looking like Death Warmed Over, 3). cussing out or otherwise making the staff at the new doctor's office cry, 4). getting an ulcer from too many iron tablets, 5). taking any more time off at work, and 6) killing anyone during this process.  - I'm exhausted today- out of spoons.  Vacation was great because I could just stop moving and rest whenever I needed to.  Unfortunately, I can't do that now. I'm really looking foward Thanksgiving weekend.  Sleep, eat, write, repeat.
6. Put aside money for UK trip. - On hold.  In fact, the UK trip may need to go on hold.

1. Win NaNoWriMo. - Have reached the 30K mark.  This seems to be the only thing getting accomplished right now, probably because I can write while sitting on the couch or lounging in bed.
2. Blog at least once/week. - Another week down.
3. Make diaper cakes for expecting co-workers. - Done!
4. Photograph at least one "new" cemetery. - Didn't happen on vacation.
6. Pick design and fabrics for throw quilt. - On hold until after NaNo and destash sale are complete.

The Ubiquitous Others:
1. Take road trip to visit friends. - Done!
2. Do my holiday shopping. - No progress.
5. Plan workings for 2 year anni and for Samhain. - Done. And then some.
6. Read at least five books for pleasure. - Four down, one to go.

My personal stats:
19 goals
7 completed
4 on hold
0 failed

Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #96: November 17, 2009, 07:09:20 am »

Fitness

2.  Complete 6 weeks of new exercise schedule.--Ha!  Third week down, starting on the fourth.
3.  Do 15 sessions with bellydance-type slimdown DVD.--Currently at 7.
4.  Do 15 sessions with tummy trimmers DVD.--Currently at 5.

Writing

2.  Reach 50K and a finished draft in NaNoWriMo.--Starting the final act at 35,400 words.  Will probably have to edit more material in after the draft is finished to reach 50K.
3.  Decide whether to continue work on last year's NaNoWriMo project, and if so, set goals accordingly.--Decision is waiting until after NaNo at least.
4.  Now that I have a backstory, finish outlining how Nia discovers it.  Before November 1.--Done.  Very sketchily, but it'll do.

Fun Stuff

2.  Watch Buffy though the end of S5--No progress.

Complete:  3 (30%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #97: November 17, 2009, 09:27:29 am »

Brighid's World:

1. Blog in An Seanchas Fior every Flamekeeping shift.--Haven't updated in a while because of NaNo.
2. Participate in NaNoWriMo.--Little over 25K. I missed last night, and I won't be able to catch up tonight. And I probably won't have much timoe Wednesday to try and catch up either. *sigh* I hate it when these things stack up like that.
3. Finalize, and begin rituals/whatever for calendar on Samhain.--Nothing done.

The Rest of the World:

4. Begin, and do well in copy editing certificate program; complete self paced course by Solstice.--Well, I'm almost done with my first course; I don't think I've done that great of a job though. I make a lot of careless mistakes, and I miss a lot of obvious stuff. I don't miss nearly as much each week, but it's still thereIn my own defense, I've never really done this intensive stuff before, but it's still not very encouraging to see so many notes on my paper each week, no matter how tiny the actual issues are.
5. Continue looking for a job.--I hate to say it, but I kind of loathe getting up every day now.

My World:

6. Crochet a Mother Bear by Solstice.--Done!
7. Crochet one more pattern blocks on my bhrat by Solstice.--No progress.

Total Goals Completed: 2
Total Goals Failed: 1

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #98: November 17, 2009, 10:41:02 am »

1.  Complete 'Dino Dash' outfits for this Sunday's 5k.
Can't wait to see pics from this.

2.  Create a timeline and/or steps to complete the following goals.--Done!

3.  Complete wedding dress mock-up; CHOOSE a dress. I bought a wedding dress today!!  Grin No mockup necessary.

4.  Regain the upper body strength that I lost after breaking my arm.----Calling this done, although I could go beyond and actually tone up some more.

5.  Come up with one small, regular, spiritual practice.--Progress is being made.

6.  Acquire Christmas gifts for friends and family.--Must get lists from people soon.

7.  Update my wardrobe (thanks for the idea Devo) by sewing most outfits. --The sewing is slow going, but I have purchased some items that are certainly helping this along.

Goals Complete: 4

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #99: November 30, 2009, 11:18:01 am »

-I'd like to keep my job. But beyond that, I'd like to help my company become more noticed and become an integral part of the team. I also want me and my so to move back into full time work at higher wages. -Some games up for sale. Let's hope this prompts something.
-I'd like to get nice furniture for my house/apt. -Done.
-I'd like to update my wardrobe. -Done.
-I'd like to get closer to my religion.-I have totally backtracked on this due to stress. Go figure.
-I'd like the creative juices to flow freely so that I can do better at my job.-Meh. Nothing I'm working on excites me, not condusive to being creative.
-Eating in more-No further progress. Very VERY hit and miss.
-Eating more produce, less processed stuff -Done.

Goals Completed: 3
Goals Failed: 0

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #100: November 30, 2009, 11:23:48 am »

Religious Stuff

1: Figure out which direction I'm moving in.

2: Create a Samhain ritual.
3: Create a Yule ritual.  In progress and nearly finished

House Stuff

1: Repair bathroom floor.
2: Do final bits of wood stove installation.
3: Winterize house.
a: windows
b: doors
c: vents

Health Stuff

1: Keep up with the yoga.
2: Find solutions for my skin condition that work.
3: Start taking supplements again as required.
4: Go riding as often as physically possible.

Creative Stuff

1: Do a "stained glass" design on the window next to the wood stove, since the interior window treatment has to come down for the winter.

2: Paint "fire wall" for behind the wood stove with Tree of Life.   Done! 
3: Finish quilt.
4: Reupholster desk chair, Parson's chairs and hassock.

13 goals.
Let's change that, because I'm adding a goal or three...

Work

1: Find a job I can physically do and do it.  I'm thinking 20 hours a week to start would be good.
2: Talk to Bill about volunteering to work with the therapy riding for the disabled project.
3: Begin gathering up equine gear with intent of buying a horse next spring.
a. saddles (Western pleasure/trail for Gen, English pleasure for myself.)
b. bits and bridles
c. halters
d. longe rope and whip
e. riding crop, helmet and both summer and winter weight riding attire. (Western for Gen, English for myself)
d. rakes, brushes, combs, etc. for coat and mane and tail care.
e. 4-6 saddle blankets
f. anything else I think of that isn't already listed, feed buckets, hay racks, etc. 
17 goals

Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #101: November 30, 2009, 11:30:39 am »

Fitness

2.  Complete 6 weeks of new exercise schedule.--::sigh::  Still working on the 4th week.
3.  Do 15 sessions with bellydance-type slimdown DVD.--Currently at 8.
4.  Do 15 sessions with tummy trimmers DVD.--Currently at 8.

Writing

2.  Reach 50K and a finished draft in NaNoWriMo.--DONE!  Woohoo!
3.  Decide whether to continue work on last year's NaNoWriMo project, and if so, set goals accordingly.--Waiting to see if I can get some input from a friend, but leaning toward "yes".

Fun Stuff

2.  Watch Buffy though the end of S5--No progress.

Complete:  4 (40%)

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #102: November 30, 2009, 10:11:42 pm »

1. Win Nanowrimo. -Failed. Miserably. Damn mono.
2. Submit Snowbound to the contest. - Bam.
3. Keep work-out regime going steady. -Fail.
4. Get A's in all my classes. -Won't know until just before Solstice.
5. Budget my time better. -I'm doing ok.
6. Budget my money better. -I was awesome. It's my car's fault I'm broke now. If not for him I would have been great. So I'm putting this as a pass.
7. Don't actually kill anyone (maiming is allowed). -Have not killed nor maimed so far, but the closer we get to Christmas the more likely it becomes.
8. Work on existing business and earn enough money to survive the year. -Well, I've been working on the businesses but the money has yet to roll in. If I make enough to pay back the people I'm borrowing from it'll be a success.
9. Sell my car. -Need to get the glass replaced and the tire changed; should happen in the next two weeks, Gods willing.

Goals: 9
Failed: 2
Completed: 2
Dropped: 0

22% completed.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #103: November 30, 2009, 10:22:59 pm »

Brighid's World:

1. Blog in An Seanchas Fior every Flamekeeping shift.--Now that NaNo is over, maybe I can get back on this.
2. Participate in NaNoWriMo.--A winner is me. Yay.  Smiley
3. Finalize, and begin rituals/whatever for calendar on Samhain.--Hah. I may get something together by solstice, but that is also unlikely.

The Rest of the World:

4. Begin, and do well in copy editing certificate program; complete self paced course by Solstice.--I need to sign up for that self-paced course.
5. Continue looking for a job.--I still loathe getting up every day; maybe depression is making me hate this sort of office work, or maybe after five years of telling myself I didn't hate this sort of office work I just can't keep up the lie.

My World:

6. Crochet a Mother Bear by Solstice.--Done!
7. Crochet one more pattern blocks on my bhrat by Solstice.--A small amount of progress.

Total Goals Completed: 2
Total Goals Failed: 1

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #104: December 01, 2009, 04:46:57 pm »

Just remembered this... I really need to put this on my weekly to-do reminders.

3.  Resolve ongoing health issues without 1). making an unwanted trip to either Urgent Care or the ER, 2). cancelling of my vacation plans or spending the entire time on friend's couch looking like Death Warmed Over, 3). cussing out or otherwise making the staff at the new doctor's office cry, 4). getting an ulcer from too many iron tablets, 5). taking any more time off at work, and 6) killing anyone during this process.  - Still work in progress.
6. Put aside money for UK trip. - On hold.  In fact, the UK trip may need to go on hold.

1. Win NaNoWriMo. - Done!  Novel is still unfinished, but word count exceeded 50K.
2. Blog at least once/week. - Another week down.
3. Make diaper cakes for expecting co-workers. - Done!
4. Photograph at least one "new" cemetery. - Managed to get photos of three yesterday.

The Ubiquitous Others:
1. Take road trip to visit friends. - Done!
2. Do my holiday shopping. - Started this weekend.
5. Plan workings for 2 year anni and for Samhain. - Done.
6. Read at least five books for pleasure. - Done. Just finished a Sherlock Holmes mets Jack the Ripper novel, which was better than I'd hoped (my expectations were low).

My personal stats:
19 goals
10 completed
4 on hold
0 failed

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)