The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 24, 2022, 09:38:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2022, 09:38:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Psychic attack! :(  (Read 3308 times)
Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:September 25, 2011, 06:40:19 pm
United States United States

Religion: Agnostic/inlimbo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 01, 2009, 07:43:41 pm »

I met someone who I care a lot about now, but know her from over the internet. She has been in an abusive partnership with someone who taught her how to "Read" people. It's a lot like an Empath's ability from what I've heard only mixed a bit with abilities more in the psychic area, like feeling auras, and picking up on thoughts here and there. (I know this is deep but please bear with me)

She isn't much aware of paganism from what I've learned knowing her this long, but is open to Tao, so I'm hopeful she'll be open.
She says her shields aren't strong enough to block this person from "reading" her. He has tried to heal her before by taking away her pain from an accident, and keeping it himself. She's worried he might be able to do a lot more to her then this. Now that things have gone sour with them she thinks he'll try something.

I'm not sure what I can do to help right now.. she says she'll have to find someone somewhere. I was hoping maybe the pagan community could help me out here. Any advice? I'd appreciate anything. Thanks.

Expect the unexpected.. OMG A NINJA!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: October 01, 2009, 09:43:52 pm »

She says her shields aren't strong enough to block this person from "reading" her. He has tried to heal her before by taking away her pain from an accident, and keeping it himself. She's worried he might be able to do a lot more to her then this. Now that things have gone sour with them she thinks he'll try something.

This sounds like an awful lot of "ifs" to me. He "tried" to take away pain. He might be able to do more. He might try something. I suppose he might try something and her shields might not stop it and it might actually be effective. Then again, he might not. It sounds like she is scaring herself enough that he would not have to do anything. Sad

I'm not sure what I can do to help right now.. she says she'll have to find someone somewhere. I was hoping maybe the pagan community could help me out here. Any advice? I'd appreciate anything. Thanks.

Prayers to her favorite deity for protection?  One of the more simple protection spells from our "Spell Grimoire"?

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 01, 2009, 11:14:17 pm »

This sounds like an awful lot of "ifs" to me.

Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound that way.

I can't do anything without her consent obviously. We're slowly working this out.. Thank you for your help Smiley.

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: October 02, 2009, 08:06:21 am »

Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound that way.

I wasn't trying to be petty, just trying to show that there is apparent zip evidence of an actual psychic attack. In other words, she seems to suffering from worry, not from actual attack.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 02, 2009, 04:12:09 pm »

I wasn't trying to be petty, just trying to show that there is apparent zip evidence of an actual psychic attack. In other words, she seems to suffering from worry, not from actual attack.
I would tend to agree. When it comes to attack, your mental stability is usually the best way to block anything bad from happening (at least, that's been my experiences). I think she's just scaring herself more than anything. I'd tell her to calm down, and perhaps teach her basic warding or barriers, and I'd think that would work well enough.

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: October 02, 2009, 06:10:41 pm »

Yeah, this guy can get under her skin easily for some reason. I'd tell her to just stay away from him, but whatever. Sometimes people just don't want your help. I didn't assume you were being petty o.O. This situation is just futile.

There was a possibility of a psychic attack, but she really is just paranoid.

Shadowolf
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 21, 2011, 12:05:12 am

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: October 02, 2009, 08:07:06 pm »

This sounds like an awful lot of "ifs" to me. He "tried" to take away pain. He might be able to do more. He might try something. I suppose he might try something and her shields might not stop it and it might actually be effective. Then again, he might not. It sounds like she is scaring herself enough that he would not have to do anything. Sad

I agree, although I can understand why she would be scared.  Having come out of an abusive relationship is scarey enough without the abuser having powers.  Unfortunately her belief that he has the ability and possibly the desire to do something to her is adding energy to his ability.  I think any thoughts of him should not be resentfull but focused on the fact that he no longer exists in her life.  It seems to be her mental state that needs addressing regardless if he is planning anything or not.  Not easy I know.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)