The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 11, 2021, 10:46:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2021, 10:46:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Magic of.... Poop?  (Read 3457 times)
erinnightwalker
Master Member
Last Login:October 04, 2012, 12:59:41 am
United States United States

Religion: Celtic Paganism

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 02, 2009, 09:37:45 pm »

this is an idea that i have been pondering for a while. i've been trying to figure out ways to further integrate my spiritual life with my normal life, and one day while using the toilet it hit me- what better way to rid myself of negativity and nastiness than to shove it into something that already leaves my body? urine wouldn't work because it is by its nature sterile if you are healthy. poop, on the other hand, is not sterile and must leave your body if you are to remain healthy. therefore, why not make a virtue of necessity and concentrate all of your non-physical impurities into it?

so far, my little ritual goes like this-

when the urge comes to go, i start concentrating on sending all the nastiness into the waiting "package". by the time i'm at the porcelain throne, all i have to do is release and let nature take its course. if i'm feeling particularly perky, i imbue the toilet paper with purification and cleansing before its use. you've got to admit, not only is it already purposed in that direction, but it's (in most cases) white, a color in keeping with it's job. if i'm at home, i already have a roll with marks to that effect written inside the tube. then a flush and clean, clear water finishes the cleansing.

so, there you are. questions? comments? ideas for improvements?

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

I dance upon the edge of shadow
flickering through the night.
An ember smouldering in my heart
is my only guide, my light.

Come buy my ceramics and help support The Cauldron! Click Here

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

jafa
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 13, 2009, 05:42:33 pm

Religion: slavic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: October 02, 2009, 10:23:20 pm »

this is an idea that i have been pondering for a while. i've been trying to figure out ways to further integrate my spiritual life with my normal life, and one day while using the toilet it hit me- what better way to rid myself of negativity and nastiness than to shove it into something that already leaves my body? urine wouldn't work because it is by its nature sterile if you are healthy. poop, on the other hand, is not sterile and must leave your body if you are to remain healthy. therefore, why not make a virtue of necessity and concentrate all of your non-physical impurities into it?
so, there you are. questions? comments? ideas for improvements?

I had actually wondered about cleansing any  spiritual "nasties" down the drains of my house as I have a septic system and worried that I was allowing them to accumulate rather than be cleansed away.  I haven't thought about that in years.  Thanks, now I have to worry about the nasties in my septic tank again.  Does Ridexx come in astral plane strength?
erinnightwalker
Master Member

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 02, 2009, 10:37:56 pm »

I had actually wondered about cleansing any  spiritual "nasties" down the drains of my house as I have a septic system and worried that I was allowing them to accumulate rather than be cleansed away.  I haven't thought about that in years.  Thanks, now I have to worry about the nasties in my septic tank again.  Does Ridexx come in astral plane strength?

i would say, bless the ridexx or whatever you use to bust drains and boost the septic tank fauna and send them forth to neutralize.

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 02, 2009, 10:48:09 pm »

this is an idea that i have been pondering for a while. i've been trying to figure out ways to further integrate my spiritual life with my normal life, and one day while using the toilet it hit me- what better way to rid myself of negativity and nastiness than to shove it into something that already leaves my body? urine wouldn't work because it is by its nature sterile if you are healthy.

As long as you're talking waste elimination, don't discount da pee-pee.  It's still eliminating harmful waste from the body.  Plus, you do it a lot more than deuces.  Wink

Brina
erinnightwalker
Master Member

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 02, 2009, 10:55:00 pm »

As long as you're talking waste elimination, don't discount da pee-pee.  It's still eliminating harmful waste from the body.  Plus, you do it a lot more than deuces.  Wink

Brina

true, but that in itself is part of the idea of this. a rarer occurrence makes it mean more, and you gotta admit, poop has a greater gross out factor XD

SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:May 05, 2021, 06:20:17 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: October 02, 2009, 11:02:27 pm »

As long as you're talking waste elimination, don't discount da pee-pee.  It's still eliminating harmful waste from the body.
<nod> One of the few methods of grounding that's actually taught in our culture - not usually directly taught, but there are a lot of tropes about release and relief.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: October 02, 2009, 11:32:37 pm »

<nod> One of the few methods of grounding that's actually taught in our culture - not usually directly taught, but there are a lot of tropes about release and relief.

My postpartum bladder can attest to the way urination can help "flush" collected energy.  Wink

Brina
erinnightwalker
Master Member

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #7: October 02, 2009, 11:34:44 pm »

Sunflower

hmmmm.... i hadn't thought of it like that...

Browen
Journeyman
Last Login:April 04, 2010, 09:21:31 pm

Religion: Pagan
TCN ID: BrandyNFerrell

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: October 03, 2009, 06:06:53 pm »

That is definately an interesting way to look at it. I am very impressed. As far as septic worries, I would look at it as the earth taking it. I mean, the earth does absorb it eventually anyway. Just thought. I would keep the "blessed"ridex around just in case.

We are what we think...
All that we are, arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts
We make our world
- Buddha

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)