The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 22, 2019, 06:16:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2019, 06:16:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Disposing of Offerings and Spell Materials  (Read 17256 times)
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm
United States United States

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 08, 2009, 11:54:52 am »

We were talking about offerings and sacrifices over in the Hazel and Oak SIG, which spun me off into talking about how best to dispose of offerings without soiling the environment. I have alley cats I feed, and my own cat goes in the front yard... not to mention the birds, the cats I don't feed, and whoever's dogs get loose running around the neighborhood. I don't want to put anything out in the yard that will harm the critters or kill my grass or plants.

How do you dispose of your offerings or used spell materials (like wax candle stubs)? Do you just chuck them in the trash? Pour them down the sink? Take them outdoors into the yard or other wilderness?

Have you thought about the affects that your leavings might have on local wildlife or the environment?

Karen

Usually, unless there is a lot of negativity associated with an item, I just throw it away. For offerings of food to the gods, I eat them. For offerings to Fae, I leave them outside, or throw them away, depending on what has been offered and where I live. Incense ash gets tossed, as does candle wax/burned herbs. Usually, I only take special precautions with negative stuff, in which case that usually gets buried.

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)