The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 23, 2021, 12:12:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2021, 12:12:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: They call me Phoenix  (Read 3027 times)
Phoenix_Rae
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 04, 2011, 10:56:29 pm
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 16, 2009, 06:13:07 pm »

Hello All! I am new to the board, introduced by someone here--but I'm not certain of their handle!

I have been a seeker all my life, and found Wicca when I was 14--it was interesting because I was introduced to it via my friend who showed me a Wicca 101 website, and I just felt this "click" like this was my path. Being the only one in my family to go to church every Sunday, it was an interesting conversion! I remember going home and thinking "God as a Female? Weird!--But cool!"

For the following 8 years I researched Wicca, Buddhism, Native American Spirituality, Islam, Hinduism, Gnostic Christianity, but kept coming back to Wicca over and over again. I just wanted to make "sure" that I found the right religion for me. The interesting thing is that I always thought of Diety as Goddess and God after my initial dip into Wicca, and had the occasional solitary ritual. Thus I call this my "lay" Wiccan time-I held the beliefs of Wicca, while still checking out other religions.

After getting a degree and married I firmly dedicated myself to Wicca and became an active practitioner (4 years ago). I have since entered a coven-the Order of the Aurora in ND (I'm the budding 'webmistress' and proud of our little outreach corner-pagans are well hidden up here! We don't sell anything, but if anyone wants to check us out, we're at www.orderoftheaurora.com).

I am ever seeking to learn and better myself, and help others gain the confidence to walk their own path (something I really had to work at). I recently completed my first stint at teaching a Wicca 101 class--and I learned a LOT. Teaching is NOT for the meek!

Merry Meet!
*Phoenix

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: October 16, 2009, 06:52:26 pm »

Welcome to the Cauldron!

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #2: October 16, 2009, 08:47:31 pm »

Hello All!

Welcome to the Cauldron.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
alah01
Apprentice
Last Login:September 23, 2010, 01:41:23 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Solitary Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 16, 2009, 09:45:50 pm »

Hello All! I am new to the board, introduced by someone here--but I'm not certain of their handle!

I have been a seeker all my life, and found Wicca when I was 14--it was interesting because I was introduced to it via my friend who showed me a Wicca 101 website, and I just felt this "click" like this was my path. Being the only one in my family to go to church every Sunday, it was an interesting conversion! I remember going home and thinking "God as a Female? Weird!--But cool!"

Welcome friend. I too am a witch. I am solitary however. How about you?
I completely know where your coming from. I too have tryed and researched (aswell as critisized) many relegions and also kept coming to wicca. For me it is an amazing path to follow and find it rewarding and fun. I would like to learn more but also have much I can teach. Great wishes for you.

Blessed Be.
Perzephone
Master Member
Last Login:February 26, 2010, 01:55:04 am

Religion: Unorthodox Pagan

Quantum Paganism for a New Millenium

Blog entries (0)

perzephone

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 16, 2009, 10:01:27 pm »

Hello All!

Welcome & blessings!

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: October 17, 2009, 08:00:36 am »

Welcome to TC, Phoenix Rae.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Ban Drui
Senior Newbie
Last Login:October 17, 2009, 08:10:49 pm

Religion: Celtc Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: October 17, 2009, 04:41:58 pm »

For the following 8 years I researched Wicca, Buddhism, Native American Spirituality, Islam, Hinduism, Gnostic Christianity, but kept coming back to Wicca over and over again. I just wanted to make "sure" that I found the right religion for me. The interesting thing is that I always thought of Diety as Goddess and God after my initial dip into Wicca, and had the occasional solitary ritual. Thus I call this my "lay" Wiccan time-I held the beliefs of Wicca, while still checking out other religions.

After getting a degree and married I firmly dedicated myself to Wicca and became an active practitioner (4 years ago). I have since entered a coven-the Order of the Aurora in ND (I'm the budding 'webmistress' and proud of our little outreach corner-pagans are well hidden up here! We don't sell anything, but if anyone wants to check us out, we're at www.orderoftheaurora.com).

I am ever seeking to learn and better myself, and help others gain the confidence to walk their own path (something I really had to work at). I recently completed my first stint at teaching a Wicca 101 class--and I learned a LOT. Teaching is NOT for the meek!

Merry Meet!
*Phoenix
Ban Drui
Senior Newbie
Last Login:October 17, 2009, 08:10:49 pm

Religion: Celtc Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: October 17, 2009, 05:02:07 pm »

Welcome In Phoenix, I am also very new here, actually very new to forums, I am loking forward to seeing you around the neighborhood
Phoenix_Rae
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: October 17, 2009, 05:52:21 pm »

Welcome friend. I too am a witch. I am solitary however. How about you?
I completely know where your coming from. I too have tryed and researched (aswell as critisized) many relegions and also kept coming to wicca. For me it is an amazing path to follow and find it rewarding and fun.

I am a member of a local coven, but I am also my own priestess and practice on my own time. Does that make sense?

I love my religion a lot, but doing so much research in the beginning has helped me to dispel negative myths on behalf of others (if I'm talking to someone who has an off idea about Buddhism, for example, I can set them straight).  In fact, one time I had the local Mormon missionaries come back several times to my house so that I could learn as much as I could about their religion in person. It was interesting! And I kept the Book of Mormon for my children, should they ever want to read it or check it out in the future.

I think that they were disappointed I didn't convert, though...oh well!

*Phoenix

alah01
Apprentice
Last Login:September 23, 2010, 01:41:23 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Solitary Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: October 18, 2009, 01:54:54 pm »

think that they were disappointed I didn't convert, though...oh well!

*Phoenix

LOL. Yes I have had many come to my door preeching many different things. I gave them fair chance but they just didn't make sense.
They kept running in circles. lol. I think that its a great idea though to keep those sort of books around for your children. It gives them freedom to make their own informed decision of which path they choose to follow. I plan to do the same for my little ones when they get old enough.

I find it funny though how all these religions come preching to you at your door. lol Its like theyre desperate and are looking to recruit for the army or something.LOL Cheesy
Phoenix_Rae
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: October 19, 2009, 10:09:52 am »

I find it funny though how all these religions come preching to you at your door. lol Its like theyre desperate and are looking to recruit for the army or something.LOL Cheesy

I agree that it seems funny that they come to the door. You make a point about seeming desperate. But tithing notwithstanding, I am sure that these persons are acting out of a true belief in their religion--and since they are taught that there is only ONE way to reach the Divine, I think that they truly do act out of compassion for those who have not found the gifts of their religion (or out of guilt/sense of duty-I did that one before my homecoming [to paganism]!).

I'll admit that I am so in love with my religion/spiritual path I find it hard not to share or infringe on other's beliefs sometimes. I have found so much growth and inspiration and connection to Diety...and I truly want everyone to find the same thing. I just have to remind myself that they can find it in their own path too! (Ah, to be Silent...can be a very hard lesson)

*Phoenix

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)