The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 09, 2020, 07:45:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 09, 2020, 07:45:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FlameKeeping - The Book!  (Read 16328 times)
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #15: October 30, 2009, 08:13:01 pm »

Is your path related in any way to Brigid, Vesta or Hestia worship?

Nope.  The flame I'm referring to is spirit-as-flame.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: October 31, 2009, 02:57:25 am »

... thoughts?

Awesome!!   Cheesy 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:17:40 pm by SunflowerP, Reason: fixing quote code » Logged

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Odjn
Master Member
Last Login:March 09, 2011, 09:12:20 am

Religion: Supreme Skeptic

A dragon has come...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: November 01, 2009, 05:18:18 pm »

... thoughts?

That sounds great! I remember you mentioned wanting to write a book earlier..I am pretty sure it was you. Anyways I wish you endless luck on your project.

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #18: November 02, 2009, 10:07:45 pm »

Okay.  This is actually chugging along - not quickly by any means, but reliably.

So I'm asking with advance time - are there a couple people that are NOT regular readers of my blog (well, not that I've been posting there lately anyway .. meep!) that could help with a beta-read when I get that far?

There's a LOT here, and I'm terrified that I'm going to skip huge chunks because they're in my head and not on screen.

I'm having a hard time believing this stuff is as useful as people think, but if it is, I really don't want to fuck it up.

I REALLY don't want to fuck this up.

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

« Reply #19: November 02, 2009, 11:34:25 pm »

So I'm asking with advance time - are there a couple people that are NOT regular readers of my blog (well, not that I've been posting there lately anyway .. meep!) that could help with a beta-read when I get that far?

Pick me!  Pick me! 

I'm interested in the content of your blog but haven't read more than a couple postings because I just don't generally like reading blogs.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #20: November 03, 2009, 07:49:22 am »

Pick me!  Pick me! 

I'm interested in the content of your blog but haven't read more than a couple postings because I just don't generally like reading blogs.

*frowns .. scratches her head ....*

sooooo .. is that a request for me to pick you? Cheesy

*picks FierFlye*

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #21: November 03, 2009, 07:51:14 am »

Eh...  ask me again when you're at a point where you need it?  My time and energy levels are difficult to predict these days, but I'm interested (and have to sheepishly admit I haven't been following the blog all that closely).

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #22: November 03, 2009, 07:58:07 am »

Eh...  ask me again when you're at a point where you need it?  My time and energy levels are difficult to predict these days, but I'm interested (and have to sheepishly admit I haven't been following the blog all that closely).

*g* don't worry about it, I haven't been UPDATING the blog. Cheesy

I'll nudge when I'm at nudge-time, but I pretty much assumed you were busy, what with the little princess at your house. Cheesy

darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: November 03, 2009, 05:16:01 pm »

Okay.  This is actually chugging along - not quickly by any means, but reliably.

There's a LOT here, and I'm terrified that I'm going to skip huge chunks because they're in my head and not on screen.

I'm having a hard time believing this stuff is as useful as people think, but if it is, I really don't want to fuck it up.

I'd love to look at it, and I'll be brutally honest, if that is what you are looking for Smiley

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
ThtreLady
Journeyman
Last Login:July 20, 2011, 05:49:34 pm

Religion: Celtic Seeker

Blog entries (0)

thtrelady

Ignore
« Reply #24: November 03, 2009, 05:27:38 pm »

That's right - it's FlameKeeping- the Book!  So, for those of you interested, below is the outline I have so far.  Do you see things that are missing?  Things that you don't think belong?  Ideas, thoughts, encouragement, sanity pills ..... Cheesy

Just adding a - Way to Go Shadow! - to the thread. I know this is something we talked about in the MUX many times and I'm delighted to see that you are on the way with it.
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: November 03, 2009, 09:45:07 pm »

And I'd been thinking recently about how much I need to finally get around to reading through your blog... Actually, I've been thinking that for a long time, it's just been becoming a slightly more insistent background noise recently. Everything you've posted here on Flamekeeping just makes so much sense to me that I feel like I'd be an idiot not to have a look through your other stuff.

So yeah, I'd love to beta for you. It'll be a good way to make me actually get around to reading all this stuff Smiley.

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #26: November 04, 2009, 09:01:24 am »

And I'd been thinking recently about how much I need to finally get around to reading through your blog... Actually, I've been thinking that for a long time, it's just been becoming a slightly more insistent background noise recently. Everything you've posted here on Flamekeeping just makes so much sense to me that I feel like I'd be an idiot not to have a look through your other stuff.

So yeah, I'd love to beta for you. It'll be a good way to make me actually get around to reading all this stuff Smiley.

Sounds like you're the perfect target audience, then. Cheesy

*twitch* now I have to write it .....

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: November 04, 2009, 12:03:46 pm »

If you change your mind and would like to have regular readers of the (needs more posts!) blog got through it, I'll beta for you.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #28: November 04, 2009, 12:05:33 pm »

If you change your mind and would like to have regular readers of the (needs more posts!) blog got through it, I'll beta for you.

Oh, I need those too!  *looks over old post* yeah, when I wrote that I was having different kinds of horrors.  I'll take you up on that. Smiley

Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #29: December 01, 2009, 03:27:06 pm »

Well, after many times thinking about it, it's time to get off my butt and actually put it together.

That's right - it's FlameKeeping- the Book!  So, for those of you interested, below is the outline I have so far.  Do you see things that are missing?  Things that you don't think belong?  Ideas, thoughts, encouragement, sanity pills ..... Cheesy

FlameKeeping:
General Overview

Myths

Inner Relations - section includes building relationship with yourself, emotional balance, blame and guilt, grief, pride, emptiness, faith in oneself, inner strength building

Human Relations - section includes love, marriage, lust, judgment and prejudice, community and how to live in it, drama and conflict, transgression and boundaries, justice and punishment

Divine Relations - section includes soul as flame, igniting your soul, morality, seeing sacred, finding sacredness in other people, finding sacredness in yourself, expanding into the Universe, sacrifice, meanings of faith, ecstasy, the Divine Within.

Devotionals

... thoughts?

Stuff that I would throw in might be holidays (which I don't recall any except minion day) and what the faith thinks of other faiths.

Sperran

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)