The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 17, 2019, 11:17:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2019, 11:17:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: offerings for Aine  (Read 5425 times)
Sky Samuelle
Journeyman
Last Login:August 29, 2011, 09:19:47 am
Italy Italy

Religion: Polytheistic Solitary Witch, Hekate's devotee

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: November 24, 2009, 09:43:44 am »

After long,obsessive research Ifinally surrendered the attraction I feel for this goddess and decided to make a smalle shrine for her. I was a bit increduluous at first, since I never managed to connect all that much with any Celtic deity, but this one seems to be knocking on my door since awhile, hinting that She might be walòking with me for awhile.

The problem is that I wasn't able to find any correspondences of colours or incenses linked to her. I know that Celts used to burn flowers in Her honor, but this helps little.

She was also strongly identified with Midsummer,so maybe incenses linked to this sabbat might please Her. I found official confirm of this nowhere,but my mind insist on associating her more with the Red colour than Gold or Yellow...possibly because She was also represented as a red mare none could outrun.

If someone of you has a personal relationship -or even a major knowdledge than mine-with Her,maybe you could suggest any appropriate offerings?   

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~ Anatole France

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Caroline
Master Member
Last Login:October 07, 2011, 11:24:24 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: November 24, 2009, 12:34:38 pm »

If someone of you has a personal relationship -or even a major knowdledge than mine-with Her,maybe you could suggest any appropriate offerings?  

Are you familiar with the folklore surrounding Cnoc Aine?

I burn a combination of dried meadowsweet, amber and frankincense, and offer milk or mead. I also use the 'Hail to thee, thou sun of the seasons' poem in the Carmina Gadelica for Her.

This is another prayer I use:

Aine of the summer's warmth
Be with us, and grant thy aid
Aine of the bright cloak,
Be with us, and grant thy blessing
Aine of the surest step
Be with us, and guide our footsteps
Aine of the best heart,
Be with us, and grant us joy

We will wash our faces
In the nine rays of the sun
'Neath the sunwoven cloak of the Lady of Light
Let us find peace
We will wash our faces
In the light of bright bloom
Let us find joy
We will wash our faces
In the bounty of the generous heart
Let us find grace

Be we blessed in our rising up
And in our lying down
Be we blessed in our waking
And in our sleeping
Be we blessed in our coming in
And in our going out
Light before us
Light behind us
Light above us
Light below us
Light within us
Light without
Light about us
Bright about us shall ever be
the cloak of Aine Cli

Sky Samuelle
Journeyman
Italy Italy

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: November 25, 2009, 02:16:38 am »

Are you familiar with the folklore surrounding Cnoc Aine?
I've read all it's possible to find on internet and that M.Skye's book.

I burn a combination of dried meadowsweet, amber and frankincense, and offer milk or mead. I also use the 'Hail to thee, thou sun of the seasons' poem in the Carmina Gadelica for Her.
Thank you, that's quite useful!

This is another prayer I use:

Beautiful prayers, especially last one.
I'll be most certainly using them.

Michelle Skye's 'Goodess Alive' book has a lovely, poetic section on Aine, and it includes a Midsummer's rite that adapts to we indoors witches the Cnoc Aine's procession...and a nice invocationI might post, if you like.

there's my first offering to the Lady, a portrait I made for Her
http://violaserpeverde.deviantart.com/art/Aine-144607813

There are any songs you associate with Her?

'Lady Geneva' or Inkubus Sukkubus reminds me a bit of Her, but I'm always looking for more Cheesy

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~ Anatole France
Caroline
Master Member
Last Login:October 07, 2011, 11:24:24 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: November 25, 2009, 12:18:34 pm »

I've read all it's possible to find on internet and that M.Skye's book.

There's a really good section in Michael Dames' Mythic Ireland.

Beautiful prayers, especially last one.
I'll be most certainly using them.

Thanks  Smiley

there's my first offering to the Lady, a portrait I made for Her
http://violaserpeverde.deviantart.com/art/Aine-144607813

That's lovely.

There are any songs you associate with Her?

A friend of mine wrote music for the 'Hail to Thee' poem (and additional verses I wrote) so I tend to use that. I'm not sure if I have a digitized version of it; I'll look around.

Sky Samuelle
Journeyman
Italy Italy

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: November 27, 2009, 01:46:25 am »

That's lovely.

You poetry gave me the idea for this one, which I find far better...it's Aine with Her cloak woven in sunlight. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/144912988/

Sky Samuelle
Journeyman
Italy Italy

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: November 27, 2009, 11:17:49 am »

Here is a little prayer I've written yesterday after visiting Her shrine:

Sweetheart of Sidhe, Midsummer’s Queen,
You are sun’s languorous heat and moon’s cool grace,
You are passion in strength,
Power in beauty, pride in suffering,
The storm-surviving light.
Wondrous Aine,
Muse to every poet,
Avenger of women,
Crowner of kings,
Turn your bright eyes on me.
I honor you.

Nothing big, but I enjoy contributing.
I was also 'drawn' to buy a red candle scented amber and black pepper for the shrine. Both solar spices after all.

Gonner
Journeyman
Last Login:June 18, 2011, 08:45:00 am
Angola Angola

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #6: November 27, 2009, 12:02:52 pm »

Here is a little prayer I've written yesterday after visiting Her shrine:

Sweetheart of Sidhe, Midsummer’s Queen,
You are sun’s languorous heat and moon’s cool grace,
You are passion in strength,
Power in beauty, pride in suffering,
The storm-surviving light.
Wondrous Aine,
Muse to every poet,
Avenger of women,
Crowner of kings,
Turn your bright eyes on me.
I honor you.

Nothing big, but I enjoy contributing.
I was also 'drawn' to buy a red candle scented amber and black pepper for the shrine. Both solar spices after all.

Hi Sky Samuelle,

I have a couple of suggestions you could try yew berries or a yew tree, corn or a traditional Irish Corn Dolly, clods of sheeps wool, maybe lamb or mutton...

Áine was the sovereign goddess of the Eoghannacht and the primary ancestral deity of the Eoghannachts was Eo - the Yew. Since Áine in her roll as sovereign goddess of the territory functioned as the summer harvest goddess she would have been incarnate in the corn harvest. She was also married linked to Ailill Olum who was a father god and patron of herds specifically sheep. As well as a specific manifestation of Eo as the specific ancestral deity of the tribe of Eoghannaght Áine.

Can I ask you how you came to choose Áine Sky Samuelle... are you related to the Gherardini by any chance? Could you tell me the name of the book by M.Skye too, Ive never heard of it?

EDIT: DOH! never mind the last question I just saw it in your post. Sorry
Sky Samuelle
Journeyman
Italy Italy

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: November 28, 2009, 04:53:44 am »

Hi Sky Samuelle,

I have a couple of suggestions you could try yew berries or a yew tree, corn or a traditional Irish Corn Dolly, clods of sheeps wool, maybe lamb or mutton...

Good suggestion...i can definitely use some insight froma native Irish.

Can I ask you how you came to choose Áine Sky Samuelle... are you related to the Gherardini by any chance?

Nah,no relations to Gherardini at all.

The story of how I came to know Aine is actually pretty curious, considering I mostly work with Greek gods .

Two years ago I went through a collecting-fairy-statues-spree -I'm always been drawn to that folklore sincerey- which extended to compulsively buying books on fairies and lasted until I got a peculiar statue of a slender, femine fairy sitting on the moon, with green eyes and long flowing brown locks. I had collected of better looking ones, but this one seemed to exercise a strange fascination on me. I always ended up touching it and keeping it in my hands whenever I was anxious...kinda like when I was kid and I would keep close a little statue of the Virgin whenever I was scared of being home alone. I also ended up laying on its feet a little silver horse, for no reason in particular. I knew nothing of Aine then, but my pull to collecting fairy statues ended there.

I never connected with the Celtic pantheon much, and over time it was Hekate that came to me as my patron...yet I found that since first reading of Aine on Michelle Skye's book, my interest and desire to whorship Her only grew. Until I found myself portraying Her and realizing that my work resembled a bit to the last statue I had collected. Since then I was kinda fixated on making a shrine for Her.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)