The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 26, 2020, 01:22:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2020, 01:22:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Shop for Presents at Amazon.com and Help The Cauldron  (Read 5512 times)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: November 28, 2009, 06:56:17 am »

If you are going to buy any of your holiday gifts at Amazon.com, shopping via the links to Amazon on our main web site (but not for all forum messages, unfortunately) will give TC credit for your purchases. We get from 0-5% of the purchase price for an item when you visit Amazon from one of our links -- and it doesn't cost you a thing extra! The Amazon.com link in the left menu of most pages (in the Menu block, the Shopping section) will take you to Amazon and give us credit. Most other links to Amazon on the main site (but not in messages on the message board because most posters do not use the special Amazon BBCode needed to generate the affiliate links -- they just paste a link to amazon in) give us credit too.

The link in this message DOES give us credit.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

treekisser
Adept Member
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 05:18:30 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Bajoran

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: November 28, 2009, 11:56:16 am »

If you are going to buy any of your holiday gifts at Amazon.com

Any way people in the UK can help?  Undecided

'Whatever such a mind sees is a flower, and whatever such a mind dreams of is the moon.' - Basho
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2020, 05:37:46 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: November 28, 2009, 12:07:49 pm »

Any way people in the UK can help?  Undecided
In the menu on the left, in the Shopping section, right next to the Amazon.com link, is an Amazon UK link.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
treekisser
Adept Member
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 05:18:30 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Bajoran

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: November 28, 2009, 12:28:13 pm »

In the menu on the left, in the Shopping section, right next to the Amazon.com link, is an Amazon UK link.

Sunflower

Thanks! Will use it to order next term's textbooks.  Smiley

'Whatever such a mind sees is a flower, and whatever such a mind dreams of is the moon.' - Basho
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: November 28, 2009, 02:44:10 pm »

Thanks! Will use it to order next term's textbooks.  Smiley

Amazon is the cheapest place to get textbooks.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 11, 2010, 10:19:24 pm »

Amazon.com

Maybe this is a silly question, but I can't seem to find the links on the sidebar menu, which might answer it for me. At any rate, the Amazon link I've had bookmarked for a while now is this: http://www.ecauldron.com/zamazon.php

I see it's different than the one you have in your post. Does this link still give you credit? I buy a fair number of books on Amazon, and only access the site through that link. I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing! If it's outdated or something, I'll bookmark the link you posted instead.

Thanks!

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #6: January 12, 2010, 07:10:34 am »

Maybe this is a silly question, but I can't seem to find the links on the sidebar menu, which might answer it for me. At any rate, the Amazon link I've had bookmarked for a while now is this: http://www.ecauldron.com/zamazon.php

I see it's different than the one you have in your post. Does this link still give you credit? I buy a fair number of books on Amazon, and only access the site through that link. I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing! If it's outdated or something, I'll bookmark the link you posted instead.

Thanks!

When I click on the two links (yours and Randall's), they both redirect to the same address.  It looks to me as though the one you've got ought to work, at least.  (I don't know much about the way this works, though, so Randall may want to confirm this.)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 12, 2010, 07:25:04 am »

If you are going to buy any of your holiday gifts at Amazon.com, shopping via the links to Amazon on our main web site (but not for all forum messages, unfortunately) will give TC credit for your purchases. We get from 0-5% of the purchase price for an item when you visit Amazon from one of our links -- and it doesn't cost you a thing extra! The Amazon.com link in the left menu of most pages (in the Menu block, the Shopping section) will take you to Amazon and give us credit. Most other links to Amazon on the main site (but not in messages on the message board because most posters do not use the special Amazon BBCode needed to generate the affiliate links -- they just paste a link to amazon in) give us credit too.

How do you know if you were given credit? Do you get a little E-mail or something that informs you?

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: January 12, 2010, 07:48:21 am »

The http://www.ecauldron.com/zamazon.php is the bookmarkable version of the link in the first message. http://www.ecauldron.com/zamazon.php just redirects to http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=thecauldron&path=subst/home/home.html  -- if you try to bookmark the long second link, you will go to Amazon when you use it, but we often not get credit for your purchase from a bookmark.  The safe way to bookmark is to right click on this link: http://www.ecauldron.com/zamazon.php and select "save link as bookmark" (wording varies with what browser you are using). You can'y use the link and then bookmark the page you go to.  Or you can just go to http://www.ecauldron.com/amazon.php (note: no z) and bookmark that page normally. It's a framed version of Amazon that loads our specially coded affiliate link in the frame.

Randall
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 12, 2010, 08:29:45 pm »

The safe way to bookmark is to right click on this link: http://www.ecauldron.com/zamazon.php and select "save link as bookmark" (wording varies with what browser you are using).
Great, thanks!

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: January 12, 2010, 10:07:00 pm »

Great, thanks!

I probably gave you far more info than you really wanted to know. Smiley

Randall
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: January 12, 2010, 10:32:59 pm »

I probably gave you far more info than you really wanted to know. Smiley
Nah, it's all good. I think I got it! Tongue

alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #12: January 20, 2010, 07:20:19 pm »

This is awesome! From now on, I will be sure to go through this site when I buy off of Amazon! Stay around everyone!

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #13: January 20, 2010, 09:37:19 pm »

This is awesome! From now on, I will be sure to go through this site when I buy off of Amazon! Stay around everyone!

Thank you!  It's much appreciated.

Randall

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)