The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 25, 2021, 03:10:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2021, 03:10:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My energy is extremely strong, I was wondering...  (Read 8914 times)
ScarletRose
Last Login:November 30, 2009, 04:39:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: i'm not sure.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: November 30, 2009, 04:29:23 pm »

When my friend had me test my energy, to find how strong it was, it hurt me. As in, it felt like a flow of needles pressing against my fingers...i'm not sure how to describe it correctly. Anyway, she said it exudes from me and I was just wondering if anyone would explain that to me...because we were wondering what it would do as far as divination and healing would go.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: November 30, 2009, 04:43:43 pm »

When my friend had me test my energy, to find how strong it was, it hurt me. As in, it felt like a flow of needles pressing against my fingers...i'm not sure how to describe it correctly. Anyway, she said it exudes from me and I was just wondering if anyone would explain that to me...because we were wondering what it would do as far as divination and healing would go.
How did youe friend "test" your energy? That part confuses me. Everyone has a "shield" of energy around them, sometimes referred to as aura, so that's not completely abnormal. It would make sense that some might have more than others, usually dependant upon how healthy you are, etc. As far as divination goes- I've never found my energy to be overly relative to the results. For healing- the cleaner and more vibrant your energy, the better your healing.

Though I  could be wrong.

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
Bastemhet
Master Member
Last Login:July 29, 2012, 07:48:38 am

Religion: Reformed Kemetic

May She smile upon me always.

Blog entries (0)

http://www.facebook.com/h

Ignore
« Reply #2: December 01, 2009, 03:59:46 pm »

What do you mean by energy?

AIONIA
Adept Member
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 02:35:41 pm

Religion: Existence

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #3: December 08, 2009, 06:32:38 pm »

...because we were wondering what it would do as far as divination and healing would go.

Healing and divination are usually fairly complicated processes and the effects can turn ugly rather quickly.

I wouldn't do divination until you seriously educate yourself about the techniques and precautions when dealing with any of the more potentially volatile methods (think tarot and ouija...). More basic reading of signs and the like, bird-watching and palmistry for example, tend to have better results for beginners and those working alone.
 In my experience with Tarot you invite more energy into yourself than use your own and that can become very risky, especially if you don't have someone experienced with you. I've had tarot sessions where after a while I was just not in control anymore, it's extremely unpleasant to realize that whatever outside force you use to divine has taken control and you couldn't cry out for help even if you wanted to. I've had no experience with ouija boards, but have heard enough horror stories to not want to try it out.

I have very little experience with Healing, and while I'm sure energy would be a benefit in that practice, I would ABSOLUTELY NOT  try to hel someone with out learning from an experienced healer. It would be very easy to make someone very uncomfortable with healing. I've had work done on me and when healing is good, it is an amazing practice, but when it's bad it's awful.

I also have to question the assessment of energy used to determine your own power. I've found that many methods tend to be more a matter of suggestion than true knowledge about energy work. One example I hear over and over again is to hold your palms together and slowly bring them apart creating energy that way, but such instructions usually include that you will feel such and such, and so you will automatically be looking for any similar feelings.

Everyone has a "shield" of energy around them, sometimes referred to as aura, so that's not completely abnormal. It would make sense that some might have more than others, usually dependant upon how healthy you are, etc.

I've found very few variations of energy levels in people, and it really fluctuates with their mood and health, as you've said. What most people interperet as "energy" is just a better than average ability to maipulate that shield.
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2020, 05:37:46 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: December 09, 2009, 06:54:27 pm »

In my experience with Tarot you invite more energy into yourself than use your own and that can become very risky, especially if you don't have someone experienced with you. I've had tarot sessions where after a while I was just not in control anymore, it's extremely unpleasant to realize that whatever outside force you use to divine has taken control and you couldn't cry out for help even if you wanted to.
Almost any divination method could involve channeling something from outside oneself, but for most people, they don't unless the person chooses to do so.  In my experience (which includes knowing many other folks who use tarot and other forms of divination, and having provided guidance to quite a few beginning tarot readers), tarot is no more likely to induce this than any other sort of divination.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
AIONIA
Adept Member
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 02:35:41 pm

Religion: Existence

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #5: December 09, 2009, 10:43:16 pm »

In my experience (which includes knowing many other folks who use tarot and other forms of divination, and having provided guidance to quite a few beginning tarot readers), tarot is no more likely to induce this than any other sort of divination.

I don't have quite the resume you do, and honestly most of my spiritual work has been a combination of research and hit-and-miss, both solitarily and in small groups among family and friends. To me, though, it seems if there is not an outside force of some kind involved you really just getting the luck of the draw. Even if you are not channeling something, in most good sessions I've sat in there was a definite presence.

With the readings I've personally done in the past I've found that readings done with out that connection were marginal at best, while those where the connection was really strong were exceptionally clear. These being tested by reading for someone I had no prior knowledge of about what had been going on in the months prior to the reading.
Keziah
Apprentice
Last Login:January 17, 2010, 12:05:04 pm

Religion: Unity

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: December 20, 2009, 07:24:08 pm »

I've been doing energy work off and on for about five years now or so, but very basic stuff. So that's where I'm coming from.

I'm not too sure how your own energy harmed you like that, but you saying it "exudes" from you definitely caught my eye. I have that problem personally; my energy "leaks" even when I don't want it to. So if I handle an object even a little, it usually winds up with a fair bit of my energy on it.

The problem with divination is that your energy, if you exude it too much into the process, can bias the results towards what you want them to be. But I'm not too knowledgeable about divination, since I mainly just use intuition. Healing, however...it can be either a gift or a curse that your energy exudes from you, depending on the state of your energy. If you try to heal someone and  your energy isn't aligned with that intention, you could definitely have a problem and do more harm than good (unless you are doing reiki, I think...you might look into that). But if you can get yourself truly aligned with what you're wanting to do, then having all that energy will be a boon, since you can really put a lot of yourself into the process.

Maybe you should work with trying to reign your energy in better? Like some centering exercises?

No matter how much your heart is aching,
There is beauty in the breaking.
Bastemhet
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: December 20, 2009, 08:23:08 pm »

If you try to heal someone and  your energy isn't aligned with that intention, you could definitely have a problem and do more harm than good (unless you are doing reiki, I think...you might look into that).

Reiki can also harm depending on the context in which it's used.

Keziah
Apprentice
Last Login:January 17, 2010, 12:05:04 pm

Religion: Unity

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: December 20, 2009, 09:26:47 pm »

Reiki can also harm depending on the context in which it's used.

See? I really need to study this more! The way this one lady explained it to me is that you're calling forth or pulling from a foreign energy source, and not using your own energy for the healing. Is this right? That's what I was referring to in this thread, that if a person's energy itself would mess up a healing, maybe reiki wouldn't?

No matter how much your heart is aching,
There is beauty in the breaking.
Bastemhet
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: December 20, 2009, 10:25:44 pm »

See? I really need to study this more! The way this one lady explained it to me is that you're calling forth or pulling from a foreign energy source, and not using your own energy for the healing. Is this right? That's what I was referring to in this thread, that if a person's energy itself would mess up a healing, maybe reiki wouldn't?

It is an external source, but one example of when it can be harmful is if it's applied to an injury like a broken bone before the person has seen a doctor.  It can possibly heal the break so fast that the doctor would then have to rebreak it in order to set it correctly.

Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: December 21, 2009, 11:47:31 am »

(unless you are doing reiki, I think...you might look into that).

Reiki is just a form of energy work.  What I found it really good for is that the attunements (as they call them) do really open the channels that carry energy wider.  but, yes, you do need to apply healing energy at the right time, and not all people are helped by it.  There is at least one person on the board (Heartshadow?) who finds it very uncomfortable and jarring. 

The most important thing about Reiki for an energy worker is that you use energy from outside yourself.  This is very important because you don't deplete your own energy and can 'refill' as it were.  The healing is just intent added to the energy.

AntlerandHerb.com
Bastemhet
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: December 21, 2009, 04:30:11 pm »

The most important thing about Reiki for an energy worker is that you use energy from outside yourself.  This is very important because you don't deplete your own energy and can 'refill' as it were.  The healing is just intent added to the energy.

I've been taught that you do not refill your energy then deplete it again.  As a Reiki practitioner you are merely a conduit for the energy to be harnessed and flow through.  Reiki doesn't need intent to work.  The energy itself helps the body work better by allowing it to heal itself at a faster than normal rate.

Owl
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: December 21, 2009, 04:43:16 pm »

I've been taught that you do not refill your energy then deplete it again.  As a Reiki practitioner you are merely a conduit for the energy to be harnessed and flow through.  Reiki doesn't need intent to work.  The energy itself helps the body work better by allowing it to heal itself at a faster than normal rate.

I'm sorry, I was unclear.  I am not saying in Reiki that you deplete yourself, and Reiki does teach that you are just a conduit FOR HEALING ENERGY (which to me means that the intent is to heal).  I was mostly speaking of energy work in general - of which Reiki is only a small part. 

Since Reiki practitioners are working to heal, the 'intent' is already subconsciously there.

Because Reiki does teach you to be a conduit, someone who does other energy work MAY find themselves able to refill if they have made the mistake and depleted themselves rather than using the energy all around (making themselves a conduit).  I am fully aware that most Reiki workers neither agree with nor approve of my opinions and beliefs about Reiki.  I am speaking from personal experience (mine and others I know), but all those who experience it as I do are also doing other energy work than just Reiki. 

AntlerandHerb.com
Bastemhet
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: December 21, 2009, 05:03:06 pm »

Since Reiki practitioners are working to heal, the 'intent' is already subconsciously there.

Intent is a conscious fixation or will to do/achieve something.  You cannot intend something subconsciously.  The purpose of Reiki is to heal.  That does not mean that all people who use it are using it with intent when the energy flows through them.  Rather, this is a passive action.  It will heal whether you're thinking about it or not.  In fact I find in my practices that the less I think about it and let it do its own thing, the more effective it is since I am not pushing in more energy than needs be, which may lead to me using some of my own energy in the process of healing.  Since Reiki level 1 does not utilize any of the symbols you learn in level 2, it would basically be impossible for practitioners at level one to use Reiki with intent since the only thing they really can do is act as a conduit.

I am fully aware that most Reiki workers neither agree with nor approve of my opinions and beliefs about Reiki.  I am speaking from personal experience (mine and others I know), but all those who experience it as I do are also doing other energy work than just Reiki. 

It would be better to make this disclaimer in the first place so that you don't mislead someone who may not have experience with or have been taught this specific form of energy healing. 

Owl
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: December 21, 2009, 05:33:59 pm »

Intent is a conscious fixation or will to do/achieve something.  You cannot intend something subconsciously.  The purpose of Reiki is to heal.  That does not mean that all people who use it are using it with intent when the energy flows through them.  Rather, this is a passive action.  It will heal whether you're thinking about it or not.  In fact I find in my practices that the less I think about it and let it do its own thing, the more effective it is since I am not pushing in more energy than needs be, which may lead to me using some of my own energy in the process of healing.  Since Reiki level 1 does not utilize any of the symbols you learn in level 2, it would basically be impossible for practitioners at level one to use Reiki with intent since the only thing they really can do is act as a conduit.

It would be better to make this disclaimer in the first place so that you don't mislead someone who may not have experience with or have been taught this specific form of energy healing. 

I am going to have to disagree with you, I believe that subconscious intent is possible - but it is my belief and not something I think can be proven either way.

I have found that I do not have to be a passive conduit for the energy, but can be actively pulling it through faster.  I am speaking as a Reiki master, not level 1 or 2 in this.

Since I was responding to someone who was discussing energy work, I didn't feel it was necessary to clarify. 

AntlerandHerb.com

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)