The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 25, 2021, 02:40:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2021, 02:40:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My energy is extremely strong, I was wondering...  (Read 8913 times)
Bastemhet
Master Member
Last Login:July 29, 2012, 07:48:38 am
United States United States

Religion: Reformed Kemetic

May She smile upon me always.

Blog entries (0)

http://www.facebook.com/h

Ignore
« Reply #15: December 21, 2009, 07:39:59 pm »

I am going to have to disagree with you, I believe that subconscious intent is possible - but it is my belief and not something I think can be proven either way.

The dictionary definition of intent is at odds with your understanding of the word, but I will agree to disagree.

I have found that I do not have to be a passive conduit for the energy, but can be actively pulling it through faster.  I am speaking as a Reiki master, not level 1 or 2 in this.

Yes...you can actively pull it through faster using Cho Ku Rei.  A symbol you do not learn until level 2.  I am clarifying this point for the person who admitted they needed to learn more about Reiki.  By acting as a conduit you do not push anything.  The point of a conduit is to let it pass through you.  You cannot push more without using Cho Ku Rei, unless you are also contributing your own energy.  If more energy flows through in some instances, I personally have found it's when I put my hand on a place that needs the energy.  In that case I'm still a conduit, the place is sucking energy from me, not the other way around.

Since I was responding to someone who was discussing energy work, I didn't feel it was necessary to clarify.  

You were responding to someone whose next post clearly demonstrates they don't know very much about Reiki.  In that case you really should clarify.  That's part of being a responsible representative of an energy system you decided to teach someone about.  

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #16: December 21, 2009, 09:05:59 pm »

Reiki is just a form of energy work.  What I found it really good for is that the attunements (as they call them) do really open the channels that carry energy wider.  but, yes, you do need to apply healing energy at the right time, and not all people are helped by it.  There is at least one person on the board (Heartshadow?) who finds it very uncomfortable and jarring. 

The most important thing about Reiki for an energy worker is that you use energy from outside yourself.  This is very important because you don't deplete your own energy and can 'refill' as it were.  The healing is just intent added to the energy.

Yep, that's me.

Though it's not ALL Reiki - it depends on the practitioner and the problem.  That said, I avoid Reiki for my carpal tunnel like the plague, because whatever the energy thinks of as "healing" usually equates to "hurting like hell".

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: December 22, 2009, 11:23:11 am »

Yep, that's me.

Though it's not ALL Reiki - it depends on the practitioner and the problem.  That said, I avoid Reiki for my carpal tunnel like the plague, because whatever the energy thinks of as "healing" usually equates to "hurting like hell".

And that's something that a Reiki practitioner is supposed to warn you about - it is not unusual for it to hurt worse before it feels better.  Though I don't know why (I hate not knowing why on these things!).  And even then, it may not be the right thing for you for that situation.  My daughter hates Reiki with a passion - and she's a massage therapist and does energy work (since she was a child).  She admits it works - I healed a sinus infection for her - but she says it feels all fizzy buzzy and she hates the feeling.  It was like her head was full of bees.  And mind you, this was mommy doing it too!

AntlerandHerb.com
boilingpot
Last Login:January 12, 2010, 06:47:15 am
India India

Religion: Don't know

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: January 01, 2010, 11:48:22 am »

When my friend had me test my energy, to find how strong it was, it hurt me. As in, it felt like a flow of needles pressing against my fingers...i'm not sure how to describe it correctly. Anyway, she said it exudes from me and I was just wondering if anyone would explain that to me...because we were wondering what it would do as far as divination and healing would go.

Well, if you feel that you have too much energy, just release it mentally. Give it away to friends who need it, animals, the earth. The best way to get rid of excess energy is to earth it. Imaging it flowing down your feel into the earth. Smiley
Lykos
Permanently Banned
Master Member
Last Login:November 04, 2010, 03:13:23 am

Religion: Hellenismos

Blog entries (5)

Ignore
« Reply #19: January 07, 2010, 02:22:30 am »

Well, if you feel that you have too much energy, just release it mentally. Give it away to friends who need it, animals, the earth. The best way to get rid of excess energy is to earth it. Imaging it flowing down your feel into the earth. Smiley

I am certainly no energy worker, but I believe they call this "grounding." IIRC from my brief romance with magic and energy working, it is one of the first techniques you learn and is very important before almost any spell work or reiki or whatever you are excercising. No big deal, I am just big on language and finding the right word for something is usually fairly important to me. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Too much wisdom is an oxymoron; too much knowledge an imminent possibility often detrimental to one's health.

"What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself." Abraham Lincoln

Praise be to Apollon, Lord of music and creativity!
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #20: January 07, 2010, 04:16:02 am »

I am certainly no energy worker, but I believe they call this "grounding." IIRC from my brief romance with magic and energy working, it is one of the first techniques you learn and is very important before almost any spell work or reiki or whatever you are excercising. No big deal, I am just big on language and finding the right word for something is usually fairly important to me. Please correct me if I am wrong!

It is usually done as part of GCP-Grounding, Cleansing and Protection. Personally, I had to learn the Protection part first as that was the thing that I had most trouble with. There is no point in cleansing yourself if you leave yourself wide open for more crap to get in. It's the same with Grounding-there is no point doing it if you can't or don't do the other two as well. In my Craft you have to do it all together, or you may as well not bother.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Lykos
Permanently Banned
Master Member

Blog entries (5)

Ignore
« Reply #21: January 07, 2010, 10:30:58 am »

It is usually done as part of GCP-Grounding, Cleansing and Protection. Personally, I had to learn the Protection part first as that was the thing that I had most trouble with. There is no point in cleansing yourself if you leave yourself wide open for more crap to get in. It's the same with Grounding-there is no point doing it if you can't or don't do the other two as well. In my Craft you have to do it all together, or you may as well not bother.

Ah, I see! Makes perfect sense to me. Of course, as I said, I hae limited experience in such things. The closest I have really ever come to energy work is astral travel and I wouldn't call that energy work on any level, lol. Although it does take a certain type of energy to pull off with good results, one has to be in the right mood, not about to fall asleep, yadda yadda yadda.

Too much wisdom is an oxymoron; too much knowledge an imminent possibility often detrimental to one's health.

Owl
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: January 07, 2010, 11:08:31 am »

Yes to grounding before everything except Reiki.  I was not taught to ground with Reiki (and I am a Reiki Master), and none of the books I have read mentioned it.  I do anyway just because I try to always stay grounded and shielded.  I tie those 2 together because I am enough of an empath to need the distancing from most people's emotions.  Shield to keep them at a distance, ground to be able to ground them. 

AntlerandHerb.com
Lykos
Permanently Banned
Master Member

Blog entries (5)

Ignore
« Reply #23: January 07, 2010, 10:22:47 pm »

Yes to grounding before everything except Reiki.  I was not taught to ground with Reiki (and I am a Reiki Master), and none of the books I have read mentioned it.  I do anyway just because I try to always stay grounded and shielded.  I tie those 2 together because I am enough of an empath to need the distancing from most people's emotions.  Shield to keep them at a distance, ground to be able to ground them. 

Ah! I see, makes sense. Very prudent I would say.

Owl
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: January 08, 2010, 12:01:01 pm »

Ah! I see, makes sense. Very prudent I would say.

There is a major trend with Reiki to make it seem as mainstream as possible.  Some people teach it in a very christian oriented way, for example.  And a lot of Reiki practitioners, and many of those who receive it, get very upset at Reiki being tied to energy work, magic in any form, or any kind of pagan belief system.  Because of this, telling someone to ground and center before doing Reiki is supposedly a no no.  Silly, but there you are.

AntlerandHerb.com

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)