The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 24, 2020, 03:10:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 03:10:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Video: Vi's first long line lesson.  (Read 8602 times)
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2020, 11:52:16 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #15: December 27, 2009, 08:02:51 pm »

Everyone thinks the toe-sniffing is cute. Wink  For others who want to see that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLvv02Q1fv8
Is it just me/my 'puter, or is that clip really dark?  If it weren't for Vi's white patches, I'd've had trouble seeing her at all.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm
United States United States

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: December 27, 2009, 08:04:21 pm »

Everyone thinks the toe-sniffing is cute. Wink
I taught my mom's Clyde to bend and touch your toe just as a giving to the bit / stretching exercise when he was more green. Now, if we're just standing around chatting or something and he gets bored, he'll start swinging his head all the way around alternately touching your toes in an effort to get the attention back on him. lol.

I'll say it again; she really does look great, WH. Looks like she's filling out her legs finally. Smiley

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: December 28, 2009, 09:53:55 am »

Is it just me/my 'puter, or is that clip really dark?  If it weren't for Vi's white patches, I'd've had trouble seeing her at all.

Sunflower

Nanny, in her depths of quirkyness, waits until after dark to do dangerous things.  If it works... Undecided

I taught my mom's Clyde to bend and touch your toe just as a giving to the bit / stretching exercise when he was more green. Now, if we're just standing around chatting or something and he gets bored, he'll start swinging his head all the way around alternately touching your toes in an effort to get the attention back on him. lol.

I'll say it again; she really does look great, WH. Looks like she's filling out her legs finally. Smiley

That's a good exercise; I've seen John Lyons use something like that.

And I agree, it looks like she's finally found some legs. Cheesy  Using the Rural Heritage calculations, she's right about 1,200 lbs now.  That's on grass and hay.  Nanny cut her concentrates to almost nothing.  So she'll have to be watched for diabetes-type disorders.

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: December 28, 2009, 10:10:11 am »

Nanny, in her depths of quirkyness, waits until after dark to do dangerous things.  If it works... Undecided
  It often does work.  With a horse that knows and trusts you, failing light can help them to overcome their fears of new experiences.  They turn to their handler for safety in the darkness.

WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: December 28, 2009, 02:29:38 pm »

It often does work.  With a horse that knows and trusts you, failing light can help them to overcome their fears of new experiences.  They turn to their handler for safety in the darkness.

I'll buy that.  Thanks. Smiley

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: December 28, 2009, 02:44:21 pm »

It sounds like Nanny trains much as I did.  Think like a horse and the horse will learn faster, without nearly as much stress and you won't be mis-communicating.

In a week, Gen will begin training Big Boy (name will definitely be changing as that's just not going to work as a name for long).  He already leads and longes like a champ.  She's planning to use the same gentle methods.  And when she's got her own stable, she's planning to use the attachment training from the moment hoof hits the earth.  So much easier to train a horse that has been handled from birth on without break.

Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: December 28, 2009, 06:39:15 pm »

tehe. Me too. That's a new one, but I'll take it!

Although, having shown at relatively-familiar places at night, I think a lack of strong light to cast scary shadows might be desired. haha. I've no doubt shadows just make things ten times scarier than daylight.

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
Selegna
Master Member
Last Login:July 26, 2012, 08:50:53 pm
Argentina Argentina

Religion: Eclectic, polytheist, follower of Loki, Brighid and Hera.

Blog entries (0)

IceAngie

Ignore
« Reply #22: January 24, 2010, 08:35:26 pm »

Here is a shorter version if you don't want to slog through ten minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOiMaVWnFEY&feature=channel

I wanted to see the other video, but it seems it's still private, so I watched this one.

Vi is gorgeous! And she's very smart too. Smiley

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)