The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 19, 2021, 12:37:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2021, 12:37:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Healing Request List  (Read 40194 times)
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm
United States United States

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: December 05, 2009, 07:45:02 pm »

Welcome to the Cill's Healing Request Thread!

In order to help us manage our system of tracking prayer requests and keeping an up-to-date list, the mods have decided to let the forum itself work to our advantage.

This thread is for posting requests to the Cill for healing work which goes beyond the need for prayers, energy, good thoughts, etc. (though Cill members will certainly pray and send energies along!). Anyone can ask for healing and prayers, for themselves or on behalf of others. The members of the Cill will use their best judgment in determining how the healing work is to be done.

Anyone who has posted a healing request in the Prayer and Energy Requests Board is welcome to post their request here, and vice versa. Those members of the Cill who regularly do healing work will be able to honor your request more easily by using this thread, but remember that the Cill's list is meant to supplement the Prayers and Energy Requests board, not replace it. So if you would like prayers, good thoughts, energy, etc. from TC members in addition to healing work, we would recommend posting a request in the Prayers folder in addition to posting here.

The Cauldron Cill:  Healing Request List Guidelines

The Cauldron Cill is composed of Cauldron members who all wish to honor Brighid and who have set aside time in their schedules to tend her flame.  For some Cill members, healing is a part of their spiritual path.  Since Brighid is often associated with healing, many Cill members have chosen to formally incorporate healing into their Cill work.

In order to keep this healing work from becoming too disorganized, and hence losing focus, the Cill has established a Healing Request List Thread.  

Following are instructions for anyone wishing to participate in Healing Requests for The Cauldron Cill:

1.  Participating in healing during your shift is completely optional and may be done at will.  Cill members are NOT required to participate in healing work.  The HRL is simply devised as a written common point of focus and a way for the Cill to better coordinate our healing work.

2.  This thread will act as our Healing List. Requests for healing may be submitted to this thread as well as privately to Cill members/Cill mods personally via PM/email to add their needs to the list. In this case, the mods will add their request either to this thread or to the private members board, if the requester doesn't want details on the main board.

4.  Requests are not limited to Cill or TC Members.  Requests may be for anyone who has need of the request.  At this time, requests are limited to those of the Healing nature as our patron Goddess/Saint Brighid is known for being associated with healing. If the need is more for prayers and good thoughts, we request you place it in the main Prayer and Energy Request Board.

5.  Individual methods of healing (prayer, energy work, candles, etc.) are strictly up to the individual Cill member. Please note: often, requests are made for people who may otherwise be uncomfortable with magic work, prayers to pagan gods, etc. It is preferred that if you make a request for such an individual, you indicate those preferences. The Cill members will use their discretion and judgment in fulfilling such a request.

7.  Each request will have a life of one shift rotation.  Requests needing attention over a long period of time must be renewed for each rotation.  It is the responsibility of the requestor to specify whether they need to be on the Healing List for one rotation or for many and for how long. This can be done by posting to the original thread. Requests may also be added throughout a rotation.

We very much hope everyone finds this useful. We've felt for a long time that this was something that really needed to be reintegrated into the Cill once more.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, Juni or Sunflower.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:46:42 pm by Finn » Logged

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

testuser2
Last Login:January 24, 2011, 10:01:11 am

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: December 05, 2009, 09:57:04 pm »

Test Reply.  Ignore me please.
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #2: December 05, 2009, 11:33:20 pm »

This thread is for posting requests to the Cill for healing work which goes beyond the need for prayers, energy, good thoughts, etc. (though Cill members will certainly pray and send energies along!) Anyone can ask for healing and prayers, for themselves or on behalf of others. The members of the Cill will use their best judgment in determining how the healing work is to be done.

Thanks for posting this, Finn.  I'd been thinking about requesting help from the Cill on and off over the last few weeks and this was the kick I needed to actually do it. 

I would greatly appreciate any help that the Cill can give to help with anemia and related health issues that I've been having recently.  I'm working through the issues with conventional medicine but progess is just very slow going at this point.   Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Fagan_the_Pagan
Master Member
Last Login:February 11, 2012, 04:39:54 am

Religion: Ecclectic Bard

Tá tine sna ceann orm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: December 06, 2009, 12:48:17 am »

Hello Everyone,
After mentioning the Cill and healing requests to my girlfriend, she has asked that I submit a request on her behalf.  She suffers from chronic back pain, due to an injury from about two years ago, which was aggravated this summer.  She is seeing a physical therapist, but would like any extra help she can get.
Thank you very much,
Fagan

"We're actors!  We're the opposite of people."--Tom Stoppard "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: December 06, 2009, 10:19:22 pm »

I've made this request before, but now that the Cill has this shiny, new Healing Request List, I'd like to renew my request for help with my chronic migraines.  I have a headache literally constantly, and the continuous pain has really worn me down.  I'm still working, but considering disability.

I'd appreciate ANY help.

Thanks.

~MI

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #5: December 07, 2009, 02:22:46 am »

Just so that people are aware, I will be helping out with the healing and energy requests. I am not a Cill member, but I will be assisting Finn, Juni and Sunflower using all my crystals as a method to focus energy for use as needed.

Sharon-Anne.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: December 07, 2009, 08:38:55 am »

Just so that people are aware, I will be helping out with the healing and energy requests. I am not a Cill member, but I will be assisting Finn, Juni and Sunflower using all my crystals as a method to focus energy for use as needed.

Sharon-Anne.

Thanks, Sharon-Anne.  That's very generous of you.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #7: December 07, 2009, 08:42:43 am »

Thanks, Sharon-Anne.  That's very generous of you.

*blush*

Not really-I just like to help, is all. I have the time and the crystals I need, so it's no problem.

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #8: December 07, 2009, 06:47:38 pm »

Not really-I just like to help, is all. I have the time and the crystals I need, so it's no problem.

Thank you - your efforts are appreciated so much!

Adare
Master Member
Last Login:April 22, 2012, 07:10:16 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: December 07, 2009, 09:06:41 pm »

I guess it's not really healing at this point, but a prayer for fertility would be appreciated; working on conceiving.

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile,
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
 -Thich Nhat Hahn

www.walkofthefallen.com
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #10: December 08, 2009, 02:45:03 am »

I guess it's not really healing at this point, but a prayer for fertility would be appreciated; working on conceiving.

Will do!

Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:May 18, 2015, 04:18:28 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

« Reply #11: December 08, 2009, 03:16:08 pm »

My uncle could use some healing; he was in a car accident a few hours ago and broke his finger and has a concussion.

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: December 08, 2009, 03:52:08 pm »

Kept putting it off, but now I'm posting. I would appreciate healing for ongoing depression.

Specifically, I could use energies directed at helping my body get used to my new medicine and to lessen the side effects, which have been really annoying.

Thanks ya'll.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Adare
Master Member
Last Login:April 22, 2012, 07:10:16 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: December 08, 2009, 06:23:39 pm »

Will do!

Thanks!!  Cheesy

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile,
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
 -Thich Nhat Hahn

www.walkofthefallen.com
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #14: December 09, 2009, 03:44:01 am »

My uncle could use some healing; he was in a car accident a few hours ago and broke his finger and has a concussion.

OK, is on the way.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)