The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 13, 2020, 08:20:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 13, 2020, 08:20:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Healing Request List  (Read 38462 times)
Treecat
Senior Newbie
Last Login:January 14, 2011, 12:12:58 am
United States United States

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #105: January 01, 2011, 11:18:48 pm »

(((Treecat)))

My condolences on your dad's passing.   Calming energy coming your way.
thank you,
I am not sure this is the right place for this but just prior to finding my Dad again, I was feeling Brigid's warm lovingenergy especially at night. We had been estranged for years, due to my own issues and fear and we had 16 days together,(he got to meet his grandchild), and then he passed suddenly on the 24th.
On that day of his death and the next I could again feel his presence as if he was part of me like I have for years even apart and now it is gone as is my connection to Brighid. Sad

Anyone had this happen and then got the connection back to a loved one after death? or do you think that was my final connection with him those last two days, never to feel it again.
I am quite overcome with sorrow, even when people tell me I am lucky I found him, especially when no one knew he was ill.
I also dreamed a scary wave dream and felt he had died the morning of his death, at the time of his death.
I feel terrible that the link is gone,perhaps just griefblocking it?
Anyone with any insight I will be so grateful.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #106: January 02, 2011, 09:31:46 am »

Anyone had this happen and then got the connection back to a loved one after death? or do you think that was my final connection with him those last two days, never to feel it again.
I am quite overcome with sorrow, even when people tell me I am lucky I found him, especially when no one knew he was ill.
I also dreamed a scary wave dream and felt he had died the morning of his death, at the time of his death.

I'm glad that you had a chance to reconnect with your dad.

I'm not sure how insightful this will be, but, FWIW, my own deity tends to really make her presence felt when a death is approaching and she typically does so in a very maternal, loving fashion.  I also go through that feeling of first reconnecting and then disconnecting with the person who passes. For me, the disconnect is a coping mechanism that allows me to process the passing within my own headspace.

YMMV of course, but I don't think our connections with our deities or with other people ever completely sever (even if we would like them to sometimes!).  Grief can keep us from feeling the connection but doesn't sever it.  I think you'll find that after time, you'll feel your father's presence in little ways, that he will feel like a part of your life at times and not so much at other times.  

Brighid, too, will make her presence know again.  If she's anything like my lady, she'll assert herself the moment she thinks you've grieved enough and need to move on. I know it feels painful, but if you can, try to look at the feeling of disconnection as everyone giving you a little breathing space to mentally process your dad's death.  It will get better.  

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #107: January 02, 2011, 09:54:58 am »

Hey guys,

I don't want to sound rude, but if you want to continue this conversation, I'd really appreciate it if you continued it in a new thread. This, unfortunately, isn't really the place for it.

Thanks.

--Finn
SIG Leader

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Treecat
Senior Newbie
Last Login:January 14, 2011, 12:12:58 am

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #108: January 02, 2011, 04:45:54 pm »

Hey guys,

I don't want to sound rude, but if you want to continue this conversation, I'd really appreciate it if you continued it in a new thread. This, unfortunately, isn't really the place for it.

Thanks.

--Finn
SIG Leader
I am sorry, I was not sure if it was the wrong place-thanks.
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #109: January 02, 2011, 05:26:46 pm »

Hey guys,

Thanks.

--Finn
SIG Leader

Sorry.  Must have missed a rule somewhere.   Sad

Finn
High Adept Member

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #110: January 02, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »

Sorry.  Must have missed a rule somewhere.   Sad

No, no. I didn't mean to sound like I was scolding y'all.  Sad  It's just that we prefer to keep this thread simply as a place to make requests, and not have any thread drift. If too many side conversations it becomes very hard for those of us to use this thread to organize any healing work without doing a lot of digging.

Does that make sense?

Finn
High Adept Member

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #111: January 02, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »

Treecat, may Brighid wrap you in her cloak and bring you peace. I would really encourage you to begin a new thread if you would like some advice or insight on how death or grief interacts with our spiritual connection because I think that's a conversation a lot of us could benefit from.

Why don't you try starting a new thread in the Faith in Everyday Life folder?

Nehet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 02, 2011, 12:07:16 am

Religion: Kemetic Polytheist
TCN ID: Nehet

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #112: January 16, 2011, 09:11:59 pm »

I would like to put in a prayer request for a dear friend of mine.  She's got an upcoming biopsy.  They're thinking she might have ovarian cancer.   

This is the same friend who I posted about last year, on the prayer/energy request thread.  She's a foster mom. Currently, she's got three little ones.  One of them is definitely going to stay with her.  The other two are highly probable.  Two of the kids have a genetic disorder.  She's got so much to deal with right now, and she's been so strong.  This woman is seriously my hero. 

These kids are finally going to get a loving, stable home and my friend is going to have what she's wanted so badly for so long.   I want to see her live to a ripe old age and see those kids grow and thrive on the love she will give them. 

I'll be lighting a candle in Sekhmet's shrine.  I'd very much appreciate it if the Cill folks would add their good vibes into the mix. 
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #113: January 17, 2011, 01:59:55 am »

I'll get onto it straight away, Nehet.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #114: January 21, 2011, 11:47:43 pm »

I would like to put in a prayer request for a dear friend of mine.  She's got an upcoming biopsy.  They're thinking she might have ovarian cancer.   

(((Nehet's Friend))) I hope that the results are negative and that she receives a good report. 

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)