The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 21, 2021, 12:49:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2021, 12:49:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - 2010 Season 1  (Read 41520 times)
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #150: March 12, 2010, 06:07:35 am »

Well, due to sickness, anything that I didn't get done I'm going to move no-foul to the next season.  Two months of off-and-on sick will mess ANYONE up!

Being sick justifies a move of goals.

Being just not able to get my stuff together does not.  Angry *angry at myself*
At least I got some paperwork/phonecalls done and now I shall go to the kitchen and spoil my dietplan for today.  Cheesy

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #151: March 14, 2010, 07:43:37 pm »

Being sick justifies a move of goals.

Being just not able to get my stuff together does not.  Angry *angry at myself*

It happens to us all.  I've just realized there's only a week left of the season.  eep.  I don't even want to look at my list right now... too many things left undone.   Tongue

Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #152: March 14, 2010, 11:34:12 pm »

Work:

1. Main place of employment - just get along.  Still good so far.  Going to go ahead and call it done.  No mysterious unexplained deaths or maiming at work and I'm still employed.

2. Find other means of making money.  Arts and crafts? Another merchandising job?  Just something other than the toxic people I currently work with. Still looking for other work but I've added stuff, so done.

3. Wardrobe - I need pants this season.  Shirts I'm good on atm. Epic fail.  No luck finding pants that were inexpensive and wearable.

Personal:

1. Wii - fit.  I was doing this in the summer and didn't get to it at all in the fall but I want to pick it back up now. I'm going to call this failed because I haven't been able to keep up with the yoga.

2. Housework - No laundry piles.  Done. I managed to keep up with that.

3. Not get sick - vitamins, healthy eating, getting out of the house.  I've been sick more since I moved here (6 months) than I ever was anywhere else.  Bah. Calling it done.

4. Try a new recipe a payday. Good enough.  Calling it a done.

5. Get birthday gifts organized. I've got (at least) one birthday a month until June.  Good so far, so done.

Done: 6
Failed: 2
Carryover: 1

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #153: March 15, 2010, 03:02:04 pm »

This is the last week for it, so I figured I'd just sum it up.

Art:
-Create 1 pieces of art per month (this includes Dec, so a total of 4 art pieces by the end of the season). -Done ahead of schedule.
-Revamp portfolio in order to secure new job -Done. Revamped the art, and got a job.
-Set up stock account with dev.art -Done

Religion:
-Read "Cult of Ra" -Done. Yay!
-Read "Magic in AE" -Done.
-Read "Chronicle of the Pharaohs" -Done.
-Read "Seth God of Confusion"-Done
-Continue doing deity dinner once a month. -Done.

Health:
-Cut out soda to one soda per week-Epic fail.
-Eat in more-Calling it done- it's a vast improvement.
-Exercise every other day. -Considering this done. I'll make a more specific goal for next season.

Other:
-Decide what I'm going to do about my baking- whether to make a business outta it or not, and what avenue to use, etc. -I'm un-failing this. I've decided to not sell my wares for now, and focus on artisan bread.
-Save money -Have created a budgeting plan for the next quarter, and will have saved some money by the end of this quarter. Done.
-Work on building a social life outside of the internet (heh...) -I will call this... started. I've worked at it, and expanded a bit, but there is room for more.

Total Goals: 14
Total Finished: 13
Total Dropped: 1 0
Total Failed: 2 1

Go me. Better than I expected.
-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #154: March 16, 2010, 03:45:40 am »

In the past I've divided my goals out into various areas of life, but one of my previous goals from the season just ending has led to a change in how I am looking at my life.  Thus, I will list from here out as a whole, more like a planner schedule, for there is no distinction between my work, my spirituality, my family, my house- all of these are a part of one integrated whole, thus, dividing them up no longer makes sense.

Monday, December 20, 2009: Yuletide begins at sundown. Have prepared the bonfire1, offerings and don't forget to pull the lamb loin2 tomorrow so it is ready to cook.  Finish feast menu preparations3.  Mail out holiday letters and cards4- late as usual.  Put out all the lights and rebuild the fire in the stove5.  Carry the old fire out to the pit if needed.
Thurs., Dec. 23, 2009: drive to DSM for family holiday gathering6.  Call Dad to set time to stop in and visit if well by then7.  We'll visit with Dad when we go pick up Beth.

January 2010: Have ready by Imbolc both the ritual8 and the brat  9 for this year's rites.
Find out if can get ewe's milk from my friend who raises Shetland sheep for offering10.
Also procure a lamb joint11 from her and a fleece12.
Begin gathering materials to build a spinning wheel.Instead of building it from scratch, Tim is buying me a Kromski kit.  Smiley  $120 more than it would cost to do it from scratch, but everything will work right off with no fiddling.Ordered!  Now, to patiently wait for it to come in!13

February 2010: Begin work on Ostara ritual14.  Prepare Ostara menu15.  This year I think we'll have roast hens, so I need to either butcher or buy a properly butchered bird for the meal16. (If these hens haven't begun laying by then, I'm thinking the former...)

March 2010: Prepare for St. Pat's.17  Find either a brisket or corned brisket before then18.
March 19, 2010, sundown begins Ostara.  Have meal planned19 and offerings ready20.  If I butcher our hen I'll offer her blood, organs, feet and head.  If we buy one from the butcher, I'll offer 13 eggs.

Where there is time I also would like to fit in knitting a pair of socks21, which I've got the first one cast on for now, source some redheaded wool or wool yarn for knitting a baby Gnome sweater22, design and execute an oak leaf and acorn pattern on my new wool brat23 and produce four new pieces of artwork that I am 100% proud of.24

25Knit sleep sac for Peanut.   26Knit sweater for BBWNN (that's baby boy with no name), my friend Nora's baby, due in March.  I want this one done by mid-February so I can get it to her before she has BBWNN!    BBWNN is born, named Tiernan, and a gorgeous wee bairn. 

I'm right on track for everything, ahead on a few and this month will be my knitting month.  Currently I have a sock on needles, a lace shawl on needles and I'm about to cast on another baby sweater, this time for Riley Morgan, the baby formerly known as Peanut.  Smiley  This one will be brown and purple stripes and I'm going to make it all 2x2 rib knit, I think.  We'll see what I decide when I get there. Decided to do colorwork and it came out fine.

Frogged the shawl and switched to a sweater, decided to do a pair of mitts instead of socks, got those finished.  I have a Tomten (that gnome sweater) on needles now, made a soaker, dyed some wool, spun another bit, all while sick, sore and sleepless.

I'm calling this season a success.  Being ill, I'm behind on a couple things, but I've been productive anyway.

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #155: March 16, 2010, 12:17:02 pm »

Egad. I keep forgetting about this.

Creative Stuff
1. Finish the crocheted gifts I'm working on time for Christmas.--Done!
2. Begin writing in my paper journal daily again.--Done!  Cool

Religious Stuff
1. Update An Seanchas Fior every week.--Failed, failed, failed.

Emotional/Health Stuff
1. Begin making a long term plan for where I want to be by the end of next year (2010).--While I haven't really begun making a long term plan, I am taking small steps to get myself a little more organized, mindful, and am trying to implement a new planning/management system which will hopefully help me 1) maintain a list of long-term goals and projects, 2) set my core values and beliefs at the heart of every week and 3) get the small things that litter the week done quickly and efficiently.

In fact, with my upcoming plans in the summer being plans of a highly *unplanned* and indeterminate nature, I wonder if this goal should be modified to reflect all that I'm doing right now.

Total Goals: 4
Total Accomplished: 2
Total Dropped: 1
Total Failed: 1

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Lovesdalionking
Master Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 04:39:44 pm

Religion: Searching Solitary Human Being

You are beautiful, no matter what

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #156: March 17, 2010, 12:34:25 am »

I feel sooooooo accomplished! Yet there is still so much to do! Sad

March 2010:

School:
Finish ALL my makeup work
Finish up Bible
Finish my Scarlet Letter Essay
Get the recommendations letter done to tell my instructor I have LDs

Writing:
Start first chapter in my fanfiction
Research both Black and Irish cultures
Write my notes for a few speeches

Spiritual:
Find time to analyze my spiritual path
Begin writing in gratitude journal and soul journal again

Reading:
Finish "Dracula"
Finish "It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken"
Finish "The Little White Horse"
Lovesdalionking
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #157: March 17, 2010, 02:31:47 pm »

March 2010:

School:

Writing:

Spiritual:
Begin writing in soul journal again

Reading:
Start Reading "Gnostic Gospels"

April 2010:

School:

Writing:
Start first draft in my second chapter of my fanfiction
Research Homosexuality and lesbian culture

Spiritual:
Analyze my spiritual path

Reading:
Start reading "Animals Make Us Human"

Home:
Clean room once a week
Clean bathroom every day for 15 mins
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #158: March 18, 2010, 08:54:35 pm »

I've just realized there's only a week left of the season.  eep.

Next season's thread is posted for those who want to get a jump start on their list making.

Life's To Do List - 2010 Season 2

Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #159: March 18, 2010, 09:25:23 pm »

The coming weekend is shaping up to be a busy one, so I'm going to do the final tally for my personal list now. 

On Being a Responsible Adult:
1. Find a new job. - Failed...  Cry  This was the one thing I had hoped to make happen during the winter.  Fingers crossed for spring.
2. Finish craft room clean-out. - Done.
3. Do weekly meal planning starting Jan 1st. - Failed.
4. Keep a wellness & nutrition journal starting Jan 1st. - Failed.
5. Schedule an eye exam. - Failed.
6. Do my taxes as soon as W-2 comes in, rather than putting it off until April 15th. - Failed.
7. Move.  -Done!!!!

From the Creative Depths:
1. Write 5 poems. - 1/5 completed. Failed
2. Blog at least once/week. - Was doing ok, but have completely dropped the ball.  Failed.
3. Keep a daily journal. - Failed, mostly because I found myself constantly writing about the ugliness at work and got discouraged.
4. Finish at least 2 unfinished creative projects. - Done!
5. Refocus on marketing and promotion of shops. - Ball dropped.  Failed.
6. Decide whether to finish or scrap 2009 NaNo. - Done.  I've decided to put it away until I have more time to finish it. .

The Ubiquitous Others:
1. Read at least 5 books for pleasure. -5/5 completed. Done.
2. Do the holiday family gathering thing. -Done.
3. Plan a "girl's day out" for my mom's birthday. - Done.
4. Write at least two Path Forging posts. - 1/2 completed.  Never got to the second one. Failed.
5. Resist urge to cut off hair. - Done.
6. Survive winter. - Done.
7. Before New Year's, do a cleansing ritual and reinforce wards around the house.- Done.
8. Make time for play every week. - Done.

My seasonal stats:
Goals: 21
Completed:11.5
Failed: 9.5

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #160: March 19, 2010, 10:51:45 am »

Next season's thread is posted for those who want to get a jump start on their list making.

Life's To Do List - 2010 Season 2

WHAT. Is it seriously almost over?  Shocked

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #161: March 19, 2010, 10:52:19 am »

WHAT. Is it seriously almost over?  Shocked

Oops.  I think I kind of let mine go.  I always meant to get back to them...  Bleh.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #162: March 19, 2010, 06:16:40 pm »

Health/Fitness

- Making a significant dietary change and stick to it  Tongue - Incredible but true, done.
- Losing a certain amount of weight till the end of January - ongoing project, but not a fail....
- Taking up fitness training *sigh*  Cry - Qi Gong is great, like it Smiley

Spirituality/Magic

- Accomplish the planned new ritual frame till end of January and have at least one 'test run' with it - ah, well... not really, let's be honest and say: fail
- Work more on my divination practice again - oh, done, really, and I got a co-worker who'll teach me on Kipper divination cards Smiley
- Write poems/texts for my Goddess/God - *marge simpson sound* fail
- Create my own line of magical oils and candles - no new oils or candles, so fail

Creativity/Writing

- Keep working on the current stories - fail, fail, fail
- Keep my writing blog alive - not really
- Keep writing in my other blog about my path, my thoughts - well, got an every day private blog and there I'm writing  Tongue
- Start painting again - fail Sad

The Boring Adult Stuff

- Get things done in the house, bedroom is next, it's better ready till end of January - this and the next weekend, so not really a fail, more like a delay
- Start moving things around in my office, getting the guest bed out, the new book-rack in - same as above

Oh my....
Well, talking of epic fail....
 Grin

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Lovesdalionking
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #163: March 19, 2010, 07:57:18 pm »

March 2010:

School:

Writing:

Spiritual:
Begin writing in soul journal again

Reading:
Start Reading "Gnostic Gospels"

April 2010:

School:

Writing:
Start first draft in my second chapter of my fanfiction
Research Homosexuality and lesbian culture

Spiritual:
Analyze my spiritual path

Reading:
Start reading "Animals Make Us Human"

Home:
Clean room once a week
Clean bathroom every day for 15 mins

The season to be cold and nipper is almost over huh?

Well I actually feel very accomplished this season. ^^ Some things I forgot to do, but others I started on doing which I think is excellent. Cheesy

Now...for updates:

In School:
Got everything done except recommendations letter...I get really scared with meetings to other people about my difficulties, I never know how they will react.

In Writing:
I researched some of the black and Irish cultures somewhat and I plan to this weekend and next week.
I'm REALLY happy that I started on my fanfiction chapter. It's only the rough draft, but I definitely see if I can get it done by next month. Smiley

In Spiritual:
Starting to write in my journals again, but it's on and off. I have the time to do so...I just sometimes don't.
And I really feel unsettled and unhappy in my beliefs at the moment...I have have a lot of fears pulling me back...

In Reading:
DONE with Dracula, and loved it!
STILL trying to read The Little White Horse. It's a very interesting read. Smiley

At home:
Well...so far...not going too well...

And starting on the 20th, I'll update on the other list. Smiley
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #164: March 23, 2010, 11:05:59 am »

Dec 2009-January 2010
1.  Send out applications and polish resume to secure a position.
2.  Read three books relating to my tradition--read one, still working on the other two
3.  Write three more essays for my spiritual blog--attempted, but only successfully wrote one
4.  Index all poetry and other writing --thought about doing it a lot.
5. Read one book on knitting and one book on jewelry making--again, thought about it.
6.  Rejoin ADF--not ready for this project yet, but it is still in the works
7.  Secure all materials needed for said project
8. Work on book of Poetry 
9.  Write Oaths for upcoming ritual--kinda did that on the fly, but what the heck.
10. Transfer all writing to Flash Drive--hope to do this soon, maybe Saturday if I get everything done.
11. Make sure all writings go into a binder--I don't think this will ever get done
12. Officially decide how to make a book of shadows and execute plan--need to formally type this out, but I think it is ready to go.

February 2010
1.  Participate in an Imbolc ritual, either solitary or group
2.  Personal Rituals for the upcoming year--still working on this
3.  Continue with writing projects, if not already done.--on-going process

March 2010
1. Something about writing here--on-going
2.  Visualize and plan other writing and spiritual projects--erm, not yet
3.  Do well in school--have 4.0 by midterms--school=harder than I thought.

Number of goals: 18
Goals Completed: 6
Goals Failed: 12

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)