The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 14, 2021, 04:50:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 14, 2021, 04:50:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - 2010 Season 1  (Read 41162 times)
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm
United States United States

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #30: December 21, 2009, 09:43:53 pm »

In the past I've divided my goals out into various areas of life, but one of my previous goals from the season just ending has led to a change in how I am looking at my life.  Thus, I will list from here out as a whole, more like a planner schedule, for there is no distinction between my work, my spirituality, my family, my house- all of these are a part of one integrated whole, thus, dividing them up no longer makes sense.

Monday, December 20, 2009: Yuletide begins at sundown.  Have prepared the bonfire1, offerings and don't forget to pull the lamb loin2 tomorrow so it is ready to cook.  Finish feast menu preparations3.  Mail out holiday letters and cards4- late as usual.  Put out all the lights and rebuild the fire in the stove5.  Carry the old fire out to the pit if needed.
Thurs., Dec. 23, 2009: drive to DSM for family holiday gatheringbarring weather issues, which the weather service is noting may be a problem6Call Dad to set time to stop in and visit if well by then7.

January 2010: Have ready by Imbolc both the ritual8 and the brat9 for this year's rites.
Find out if can ewe's milk from my friend who raises Shetland sheep for offering10.
Also procure a lamb joint11 from her and a fleece12.
Begin gathering materials to build a spinning wheel.13

February 2010: Begin work on Ostara ritual14.  Prepare Ostara menu15.  This year I think we'll have roast hens, so I need to either butcher or buy a properly butchered bird for the meal16. (If these hens haven't begun laying by then, I'm thinking the former...)

March 2010: Prepare for St. Pat's.17  Find either a brisket or corned brisket before then18.
March 19, 2010, sundown begins Ostara.  Have meal planned19 and offerings ready20.  If I butcher our hen I'll offer her blood, organs, feet and head.  If we buy one from the butcher, I'll offer 13 eggs.

Where there is time I also would like to fit in knitting a pair of socks21, source some redheaded wool or wool yarn for knitting a baby Gnome sweater22, design and execute an oak leaf and acorn pattern on my new wool brat23 and produce four new pieces of artwork that I am 100% proud of.24

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #31: December 22, 2009, 02:49:44 am »

In the past I've divided my goals out into various areas of life, but one of my previous goals from the season just ending has led to a change in how I am looking at my life.  Thus, I will list from here out as a whole, more like a planner schedule, for there is no distinction between my work, my spirituality, my family, my house- all of these are a part of one integrated whole, thus, dividing them up no longer makes sense.

^ this. I was going to divide things up by section, but I think I'll go the planner route as well. It will help me keep on track better, I think.

Ongoing goals
1. Keep house/room clean.
2. Do dishes right away.
3. Continue work on publishing companies and websites.
4. Do weekly divination practice.
5. Develop and keep to a spiritual practice or devotional (daily preferably, but at least 4x a week).
6. Keep up skin care regime.

December 2009
1. Survive Christmas
2. Finish Dr. Who scarf
3. Finish decorating.
4. Clean my whole house.
5. Finish student loan paperwork.
6. Edit part 2 of Bellica and prepare for posting.
7. Update websites (ongoing).
8. Post one personal blog entry, one spiritual, and one writing.
9. Reach yearly word count goal of 200K (at 150K +) OR finish The Jade Star of Athering (first draft).
10. Write in my RL journal at least twice (ongoing).
11. Start work on SFU application (deadline: April 30th) -- this means finding out if I need to take any more courses in order to transfer, etc, and enrolling in them if I do (ongoing).
12. Begin work on CV (ongoing).
13. Begin work on "business plan" for career plan of being actor/writer (ongoing).

January 2010
1. Continue work on all ongoing goals.
2. Reach monthly word count.
3. Start to shop around for an agent.
4. Edit part 3 of Bellica and get ready for posting.
5. Start schoolwork early; work on getting A's.
6. Talk to teachers about transferring, letters of recommendation, etc, and ask acting teacher to work with me privately on my Shakespeare.
7. Write one blog entry, personal or spiritual or writing related.
8. Print off resumes, apply for a part-time job somewhere in town.
9. Drop out of acting in HMS Pinafore and sign up for tech.
10. Start going to the gym 3x, 4x a week (ongoing).
11. Drop 5 pounds.
12. Sell my car.
13. Find and apply for bursaries, scholarships, etc (ongoing).

February
2. Attend Imbolgc ritual held by local Wiccan congregation.
3. Reach monthly word count or finish a story.
4. Drop 5 pounds.
5. Write another blog entry, either personal/spiritual/writing.
6. Finish up SFU application/portfolio.
7. Touch up hair color.

March
2. Get SFU application in NO LATER than the 10th.
3. Write a blog entry.
4. Drop 5 pounds.
5. Get ready for moving out at end of April (start repairing/cleaning house, etc).
6. Spring cleaning! GET RID OF STUFF.

This is it for now. I'm sure I'll be adding things as the season goes on.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
SilentEcho
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 20, 2011, 07:46:31 am

Religion: Pagan, eclectic studies for now

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: December 22, 2009, 09:55:32 am »

I like the planner idea.  However the disaster that my bedroom became, the walking routine failure, and a few other niggling problems going on right now, have me feeling a little spooked about joining in this round.  I'm just going to catch up on things without setting too many tasks, and will be back for Season 2, 2010.

Best Wishes on all your goals/accomplishments, everyone!   Grin

~SE~
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #33: December 22, 2009, 06:03:34 pm »

I like the planner idea.  However the disaster that my bedroom became, the walking routine failure, and a few other niggling problems going on right now, have me feeling a little spooked about joining in this round.  I'm just going to catch up on things without setting too many tasks, and will be back for Season 2, 2010.

Best Wishes on all your goals/accomplishments, everyone!   Grin

~SE~

We'll be here! Good luck with catching up on things.

darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: December 22, 2009, 06:28:01 pm »

1.  Get a new job, particularly one I like and gives me decent money
2.  Seriously work on writing projects until school starts--f'ex finish book of poetry or write a chapter in my novel
3.  Take up the work again for my tradition until school starts
4.  Once school begins--throw myself into serious study and attend all classes

I need to make this more specific, because I can see myself saying, "Well, I didn't do a darn thing". 

Dec 2009-January 2010
1.  Send out applications and polish resume to secure a position.
2.  Read three books relating to my tradition
3.  Write three more essays for my spiritual blog
4.  Index all poetry and other writing
5.  Read one book on knitting and one book on jewelry making
6.  Rejoin ADF
7.  Secure all materials needed for said project
8.  Work on book of Poetry 
9.  Write Oaths for upcoming ritual
10. Transfer all writing to Flash Drive
11. Make sure all writings go into a binder
12. Officially decide how to make a book of shadows and execute plan

February 2010
1.  Participate in an Imbolc ritual, either solitary or group
2.  Personal Rituals for the upcoming year
3.  Continue with writing projects, if not already done.

March 2010
1.  Have a rough draft of poetry book ready
2.  Visualize and plan other writing and spiritual projects
3.  Do well in school--have 4.0 by midterms

Number of goals: 18

Whew!  I think that's everything

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #35: December 22, 2009, 10:04:48 pm »

Art:
-Create 1 pieces of art per month (this includes Dec, so a total of 4 art pieces by the end of the season).
-Try to create a higher quality of art at work.
-Set up stock account with dev.art

Religion:
-Read "Cult of Ra" -Done. Yay!
-Read "Magic in AE"
-Read "Chronicle of the Pharaohs"
-Read "Seth God of Confusion"-Done
-Continue doing deity dinner once a month.

Health:
-Cut out soda to one soda per week
-Eat in more
-Exercise every other day.

Other:
-Decide what I'm going to do about my baking- whether to make a business outta it or not, and what avenue to use, etc.
-Save money
-Work on building a social life outside of the internet (heh...)

Total Goals: 14
Total Finished: 2
Total Failed: 0

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: December 25, 2009, 05:20:49 pm »

Since this is a hectic time of year and I'm not sure how much online time I'll have between now and Solstice, I'm posting this now for anyone who wants to add their lists in anticipation of the new season.

What are your goals for Winter(Summer) 2010?  Share them here!

How this thing works:
1. Post your list of goals to be accomplished during the winter (summer if you're south of the equator).
2. After the Solstice, periodically post updates and progress reports on this thread. 
3. I'll try to give progress updates for the entire group every week or two.
4. The fun ends on the last day of the season, when we'll start a new thread and whole new lists.
5. Most important: Have fun and don't get too stressed! 

Post your lists now and remember to update them regularly between December 21st, 2009 and March 20, 2010.

Good Luck! 

I fell off the wagon for the last season, so I'm going to try better this time.

Work:

1. Main place of employment - just get along.

2. Find other means of making money.  Arts and crafts? Another merchandising job?  Just something other than the toxic people I currently work with.

3. Wardrobe - I need pants this season.  Shirts I'm good on atm.

Personal:

1. Wii - fit.  I was doing this in the summer and didn't get to it at all in the fall but I want to pick it back up now.

2. Housework - No laundry piles.  Except in the dirty laundry basket.

3. Not get sick - vitamins, healthy eating, getting out of the house.  I've been sick more since I moved here (6 months) than I ever was anywhere else.  Bah.

4. Try a new recipe a payday.

5. Get birthday gifts organized. I've got (at least) one birthday a month until June.

I may have others to add to this but that's all for now.  Wink

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Matrinka
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #37: December 25, 2009, 05:31:41 pm »

Monday, December 20, 2009: Yuletide begins at sundown.  Have prepared the bonfire1, offerings and don't forget to pull the lamb loin2 tomorrow so it is ready to cook.  Finish feast menu preparations3.  Mail out holiday letters and cards4- late as usual.  Put out all the lights and rebuild the fire in the stove5.  Carry the old fire out to the pit if needed.
Thurs., Dec. 23, 2009: drive to DSM for family holiday gathering6Call Dad to set time to stop in and visit if well by then7.  We'll visit with Dad when we go pick up Beth.

January 2010: Have ready by Imbolc both the ritual8 and the brat9 for this year's rites.
Find out if can get ewe's milk from my friend who raises Shetland sheep for offering10.

February 2010: Begin work on Ostara ritual14.  Prepare Ostara menu15.  This year I think we'll have roast hens, so I need to either butcher or buy a properly butchered bird for the meal16. (If these hens haven't begun laying by then, I'm thinking the former...)

March 2010: Prepare for St. Pat's.17  Find either a brisket or corned brisket before then18.
March 19, 2010, sundown begins Ostara.  Have meal planned19 and offerings ready20.  If I butcher our hen I'll offer her blood, organs, feet and head.  If we buy one from the butcher, I'll offer 13 eggs.

Where there is time I also would like to fit in knitting a pair of socks21, source some redheaded wool or wool yarn for knitting a baby Gnome sweater22, design and execute an oak leaf and acorn pattern on my new wool brat23 and produce four new pieces of artwork that I am 100% proud of.24

As we've discussed our long term goals, Tim and I will be working on getting the foundation built this year, too.  This work is weather dependent, so it may not happen until season 2, and in fact, isn't likely until then, just noting for my own needs.  We have discussed moving out of Missouri to Cali, Texas or Florida off and on for the past several years and yesterday we decided that, at least for the next five years, we're not budging from here, so our plans to build are going ahead, though there's a good chance we'll end up doing a conventional structure.  We'll cross that bridge when we get there, as we want to allow our foundation time to settle, in case it needs leveling for the house (likely) so that we don't end up with jammed windows and doors like in most of the new houses we've seen lately.

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #38: December 25, 2009, 07:48:41 pm »

Creative Stuff
1. Finish the crocheted gifts I'm working on time for Christmas.--Failed. Oh well.
2. Begin writing in my paper journal daily again.
3. Finish the first draft of this year's NaNovel.

Religious Stuff
1. Update An Seanchas Fior every week.

Emotional/Health Stuff
1. Begin making a long term plan for where I want to be by the end of next year (2010).

I probably shouldn't have listed that goal as I kinda knew I wouldn't make it. No worries though.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #39: December 26, 2009, 04:01:30 pm »

1. Find a new job.
2. Refocus and work on a long-term plan.
3. Do a better job of managing the anemia.
4. Resist the urge to cut my hair off.

A few minutes after I posted the above list, I started to re-write it. *sigh* Here's the new and improved list with progress reports:

On Being a Responsible Adult:
1. Find a new job. - On hold until I have my car back from the body shop.
2. Finish craft room clean-out.
3. Do weekly meal planning starting Jan 1st.
4. Keep a wellness & nutrition journal starting Jan 1st.
5. Schedule an eye exam.
6. Do my taxes as soon as W-2 comes in, rather than putting it off until April 15th.

From the Creative Depths:
1. Write 5 poems. - Writing verse used to come easily to me, but I've struggled with it lately.  I did manage a short poem yesterday, so there's one down.
2. Blog at least once/week. - Work in progress.
3. Keep a daily journal. - Work in progress.
4. Finish at least 2 unfinished creative projects. - I picked up a half finished crochet throw yesterday and hope to have it done by New Year's.
5. Refocus on marketing and promotion of shops:
  a) Revamp marketing pages as needed. - Just redid one of them today; only three more to go.
  b) Regularly post to Twitter, FB, etc. - WIP.
  c) Increse participation in marketing groups
  d) Update product blogs at least twice per month. -One post done this week.
6. Decide whether to finish or scrap 2009 NaNo.

The Ubiquitous Others:
1. Read at least 5 books for pleasure. -Started reading The Ten Grandmothers on Thursday and just received The Graveyard Book for Christmas. Squee!
2. Do the holiday family gathering thing. -Delayed until after new year's.
3. Plan a "girl's day out" for my mom's birthday.
4. Write at least two Path Forging posts.
5. Resist urge to cut off hair. - Where are my scissors?
6. Survive winter. - Not a great start so far.  I've managed to tear up my knee and wreck my car this week.  Add to that an ice storm Christmas eve night, multiple losses of power, and lots of downed tree limbs.  Definitely not an auspicious start to the season.
7. Before New Year's, do a cleansing ritual and reinforce wards around the house.
8. Make time for play every week. - At some point in the last few months, I seemed to have stopped having fun on a day-to-day basis.  So I'm scheduling weekly playtime for myself.

My seaonal stats:
Goals: four 20  Roll Eyes
Completed: 0

Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #40: December 26, 2009, 04:05:07 pm »

First round of group statistics for the season!

Number of participants: 15
Total # of goals: 173
Total # of completed goals: 7*
Percentage of goals completed: 4.05%

*For ease in keeping stats, I'm including goals that were posted on this thread but completed before the season actually commenced.

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #41: December 28, 2009, 02:28:50 pm »

My goals have some seemingly easy steps under them, so that I can cross those off and feel like I'm getting somewhere.

1. Finish fancy dress.  -no longer needed by New Years, so I have some more time
   a. complete pattern
   b. purchase fabric - got some really pretty blue brocade
2. Update wardrobe (continuing from last season)
   a. Make a list of what I need
3. Create a beloved dead shrine
   a. Find and clear a place for it
   b. Gather up photos of those departed - in progress
4. Read the Tao de Ching
   a. obtain a copy of said text
5. Create some kind of wedding organization/checklist/planner. -in progress

And some new ones to add:
6. Refinish old desk into wine bar
   a. sand off old stain - in progress
   b. aquire new shelves and hardware
   c. stain
   d. put back together
7. Take a photo every day and upload to the "Year in Pictures" Flickr group - not starting until January 1st.  Photos can be of anything, kind of a chronicle of my life.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Matrinka
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #42: December 28, 2009, 02:53:31 pm »

Thurs., Dec. 23, 2009: drive to DSM for family holiday gathering6Call Dad to set time to stop in and visit if well by then7.  We'll visit with Dad when we go pick up Beth.

Find out if can get ewe's milk from my friend who raises Shetland sheep for offering10.

As we've discussed our long term goals, Tim and I will be working on getting the foundation built this year, too.  This work is weather dependent, so it may not happen until season 2, and in fact, isn't likely until then, just noting for my own needs.  We have discussed moving out of Missouri to Cali, Texas or Florida off and on for the past several years and yesterday we decided that, at least for the next five years, we're not budging from here, so our plans to build are going ahead, though there's a good chance we'll end up doing a conventional structure.  We'll cross that bridge when we get there, as we want to allow our foundation time to settle, in case it needs leveling for the house (likely) so that we don't end up with jammed windows and doors like in most of the new houses we've seen lately.

25Knit sleep sac for Peanut.  I've got about an inch and a half on the needles now and I want to finish it before the end of January.  26Knit sleep sac for BBWNN (that's baby boy with no name), my friend Nora's baby, due in March.  I want this one done by mid-February so I can get it to her before she has BBWNN!  These are a great idea.  Babies need to stay warm, but blankets are thought to be a factor in SIDS, so they don't recommend putting blankets in the crib/bassinet anymore.  These are wearable wubbies.  Baby can't kick the blankies off, nor can baby get the blankie up around their face, as the top is like a vest, fitted and snug.  http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTzodiac.html is the inspiration, though I'm doing a drawstring on the bottom instead of a zipper and I'm not doing the duplicate stitching.  I'm also contemplating varying the closure, as I'm not keen on the idea of buttons, so I'm thinking of switching to a lapped shoulder that will pull over easily, stay put well and not have any buttons at all, done in garter stitch so that it stretches for longer use.  I'm doing size 3mo, as newborn size never fits long enough.

Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #43: December 28, 2009, 05:58:29 pm »

Art:
-Create 1 pieces of art per month (this includes Dec, so a total of 4 art pieces by the end of the season). -Finished the Dec. art piece. So far, so good.
-Try to create a higher quality of art at work.
-Set up stock account with dev.art

Religion:
-Read "Cult of Ra" -Done. Yay!
-Read "Magic in AE"
-Read "Chronicle of the Pharaohs" -Working on this.
-Read "Seth God of Confusion"-Done
-Continue doing deity dinner once a month.

Health:
-Cut out soda to one soda per week-Hit and miss so far. Hoping that with the holidays over, this will improve. If I could lower my stress, this would get better.
-Eat in more-Same as above.
-Exercise every other day. -So far so good

Other:
-Decide what I'm going to do about my baking- whether to make a business outta it or not, and what avenue to use, etc.
-Save money
-Work on building a social life outside of the internet (heh...)

Total Goals: 14
Total Finished: 2
Total Failed: 0

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:February 05, 2021, 09:36:51 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #44: December 28, 2009, 06:06:58 pm »

01. Finish Greek Religion by the end of December. - Done!
02. Post at each of my three blogs at least once a week. - Good so far- 1 of 13 weeks.
03. Write 5,000 words per week, preferably at a 1,000 words per day pace. - Completely forgot this week- 0 of 13.
04. Exercise for at least 3 hours a week. - Sick! Sigh. 0 of 13.
05. Read at least one book from my religious to-read pile per month. - Good for December. (See goal 1.)
06. Read at least one "for fun" book per month. - Good for December!
07. Get a B+ or higher in my classes. - Doesn't begin until Jan. 11th
08. Get some kind of job that won't lead to serious amounts of stress. - Haven't started looking yet, with the holidays & being sick.

Goals: 8
Completed: 1
Failed: 0

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)