The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 18, 2020, 09:28:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 18, 2020, 09:28:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Motivation  (Read 9178 times)
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #15: December 22, 2009, 04:26:44 am »

*hugs*
And I'm with the hot water reason Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Monica M.
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2011, 01:59:15 am
Australia Australia

Religion: trying to figure it out

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: December 22, 2009, 06:13:02 am »

But I'm looking for other effective motivational techniques.  What gets you out of bed every morning?

I'm another that only gets up to go to work or if I'm at my mum's the kids. When I am home alone I sit on the couch trying to force myself to leave for twenty minutes just to do the grocery shopping. Considering how much I love food that's really saying something. Smiley Good luck
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #17: December 22, 2009, 08:18:18 am »

I try to make a reasonable list of things that I CAN do in the day, and put the things I WANT to do at the end.  Do the things I should do first.  When I get that done, I can move to the things I WANT to do.

Of course, the thing that gets me out of bed in the morning is usually a half-height going "Potty, Mommy!", sooooooo ......

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Odjn
Master Member
Last Login:March 09, 2011, 09:12:20 am

Religion: Supreme Skeptic

A dragon has come...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: December 22, 2009, 04:43:12 pm »

What gets you out of bed every morning?

Well..the need to use the bathroom is usually the main motivator. Smiley

But beyond that..I have no real "motivation" actually. Not trying to be a downer, just honest.

darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: December 22, 2009, 06:55:26 pm »

But I'm looking for other effective motivational techniques.  What gets you out of bed every morning?

Not sure how helpful I'll be, but I'll give it a shot.  I get out of bed because I *have to*.  I don't think about it; I just get up and do it.  I will say I do hit the snooze button a few times, though. Smiley  Sometimes, I'll literally have to tell myself, "You have to get out of bed.  You have to work today.  You have to go, because you need to money to pay bills."  I may also say, "It's not as bad as it seems.  As soon as you get up and get it over with, you'll feel better.  It will be over sooner than you realize". 

Hang in there.  I hope you find a solution for your migranes.

On a side note:  I'm sure you've thought of this, but I'm wondering if your headaches could be spiritual or be the result of visions, third eye, etc?  It might be time to have a chat with The Lady to find out what's behind all of this. 

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Perzephone
Master Member
Last Login:February 26, 2010, 01:55:04 am

Religion: Unorthodox Pagan

Quantum Paganism for a New Millenium

Blog entries (0)

perzephone

Ignore
« Reply #20: December 22, 2009, 11:50:37 pm »

*hugs*
And I'm with the hot water reason Wink

Yeah, I laugh when I tell people, "I live for indoor plumbing". They just don't know I'm being 100% truthful.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #21: December 23, 2009, 05:31:03 pm »

"Of course they're all in my head, they're headaches!  Where would you expect them to be, my baby toe?"

Snork!

Thanks, Sunflower,  I really needed that today!  Cheesy

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #22: December 23, 2009, 05:35:48 pm »

Sometimes, I'll literally have to tell myself, "You have to get out of bed.  You have to work today.  You have to go, because you need to money to pay bills."  I may also say, "It's not as bad as it seems.  As soon as you get up and get it over with, you'll feel better.  It will be over sooner than you realize". 

Yeah.  That's what I told myself today, and couldn't get past how much I hurt and how nauseaus I was.  Sigh.   Undecided

I'll keep trying, though.

On a side note:  I'm sure you've thought of this, but I'm wondering if your headaches could be spiritual or be the result of visions, third eye, etc?  It might be time to have a chat with The Lady to find out what's behind all of this. 

I've actually thought of that.  It seems that they got a lot worse when I started opening more to Her, but I don't believe She's making them happen for some reason.  Something to think about...

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #23: December 23, 2009, 05:36:17 pm »

Yeah, I laugh when I tell people, "I live for indoor plumbing". They just don't know I'm being 100% truthful.

I hear you.   Smiley

darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: December 23, 2009, 09:37:57 pm »

I've actually thought of that.  It seems that they got a lot worse when I started opening more to Her, but I don't believe She's making them happen for some reason.  Something to think about...

No, I don't think She is making them happen, but it might be a side effect of the psychic energy/interchange/awareness/I don't have the right words for it kinda thing. 

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2020, 08:34:37 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #25: December 24, 2009, 04:31:21 pm »

I don't think she's making them happen, either - I'm pretty much convinced that at least part of why she's told you not to do magic is because magic exacerbates them.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #26: December 24, 2009, 05:17:46 pm »

I don't think she's making them happen, either - I'm pretty much convinced that at least part of why she's told you not to do magic is because magic exacerbates them.

Yes, I agree.  As Dara says above and others have suggested, the worsening might very well be connected to an increased intensity and energy that comes with being so open to the power and presence of a deity.  Add to that the fact that I've always been pretty empathetic, and I have a problem.  My older daughter has also developed incapacitating migraines, and she is also very empathetic.  My younger daughter is no more empathetic than a "normal" person, and she rarely gets headaches.  (She has other issues, though, primarily major depression.) 

It was so bad for Daughter1 and me yesterday that all we could do was lie on the sofa and watch America's Next Top Model.  I really hate that show.   Cheesy

Anyway, suspecting that a strong energy is at the root of the migraines, and knowing what to do about it are two different things.  To help with that, I've tried working with stones, grounding and shielding (of course), using divination as a way to drain energy.  No luck.

Maybe it's just some kind of message that I don't understand yet.

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #27: December 24, 2009, 05:45:06 pm »

Anyway, suspecting that a strong energy is at the root of the migraines, and knowing what to do about it are two different things.  To help with that, I've tried working with stones, grounding and shielding (of course), using divination as a way to drain energy.  No luck.

Maybe it's just some kind of message that I don't understand yet.

Random thoughts - I know when I try to really ground and *lock down* I end up miserable.  Have you tried alternate energy things - like "grounding" to air or fire or something?

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #28: December 24, 2009, 05:46:49 pm »

Random thoughts - I know when I try to really ground and *lock down* I end up miserable.  Have you tried alternate energy things - like "grounding" to air or fire or something?

Hmmmmmm.  I'm not sure how to do that.  But it's worth looking into.

Thanks for the idea!

Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #29: December 24, 2009, 06:17:14 pm »

Hmmmmmm.  I'm not sure how to do that.  But it's worth looking into.

Thanks for the idea!

If you can get your hands on The Way of Four by Deborah Lipp she has a plethora of elemental-based meditations and the like based on the four elements (and also awesome, ways to pull yourself out of the element and back into a balanced state).

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)