The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 30, 2020, 09:31:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2020, 09:31:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Motivation  (Read 9753 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #30: December 24, 2009, 06:30:21 pm »

The Way of Four by Deborah Lipp

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll look into this book.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

darkwhispersdale
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 03:41:49 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: December 24, 2009, 07:14:51 pm »

Add to that the fact that I've always been pretty empathetic, and I have a problem.  My older daughter has also developed incapacitating migraines, and she is also very empathetic.  My younger daughter is no more empathetic than a "normal" person, and she rarely gets headaches.  (She has other issues, though, primarily major depression.) 

I remember reading in uni that very empathic people were more likely to have migraines than the general population and it commonly runs in families.

If you can get your hands on The Way of Four by Deborah Lipp she has a plethora of elemental-based meditations and the like based on the four elements (and also awesome, ways to pull yourself out of the element and back into a balanced state).

Never heard of that book but I've found with a general headache meditation has never worked for me if anything the pain normally gets worse.
I read in the Journal Food Chemistry that Bay Leaf is supposed to help reduce the severity of migraines if that helps.

For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then set for yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible...

- Nietzsche, unpublished note from 1873
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #32: December 24, 2009, 10:21:47 pm »

I read in the Journal Food Chemistry that Bay Leaf is supposed to help reduce the severity of migraines if that helps.

Any idea how you use the bay leaf?

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
erinnightwalker
Master Member
Last Login:October 04, 2012, 12:59:41 am

Religion: Celtic Paganism

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #33: December 25, 2009, 02:20:21 am »

assuming that the headaches are based on magic/energy movement, and that they have been a fairly common thing your entire life, i'm going to go out on a limb and say that either as a young child or from birth you have had some sort of problem or abnormality in your subtle body/etheric system/ whatever the hell you want to call it. i'm betting its hereditary, if at least one daughter has it. to confirm it, if you know anybody who is damn good at seeing auras and/or chakras (energy centers, whatever you want to call them) have them check you over, paying careful attention to your head. if it is non-physical, then i'm betting they'll find something up there (i bet alot, huh? XD) if they do, consider asking your higher being if getting it fixed would be worthwile. it could be that if its fixed you'll lose some of the abilities like extreme empathy.

i know it sounds like baloney, but consider finding the Psychic Vampire Codex by Belanger. it goes into great detail about etheric "surgery" and the consequences of such, including the house kh-something or other. even if its not true, the consequences are well thought out. and it has great instructions for energy work even if you are a kh-whatsits.

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

I dance upon the edge of shadow
flickering through the night.
An ember smouldering in my heart
is my only guide, my light.

Come buy my ceramics and help support The Cauldron! Click Here
darkwhispersdale
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 03:41:49 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: December 25, 2009, 07:28:06 am »

Any idea how you use the bay leaf?

According to the article just add it to your food when cooking. I like it in soup

For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then set for yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible...

- Nietzsche, unpublished note from 1873

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)