The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 11, 2020, 10:01:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 11, 2020, 10:01:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mountain Biking Meditations... Deity in unusual places  (Read 16871 times)
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am
United States United States

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #15: May 18, 2007, 11:28:12 am »

Have you heard of Bassnectar before?  They're Dj's out of San Francisco, but they tour and are INCREDIBLE.  They bring their own go-go dancers with them, and everything is uv.  They've got these trippy air wind sock things too that just add to the experience in an incredible way.  Not tho mention they are HAWT!

ONe of their big 'hits' was the one that went *a belly donsah - a snake chahmah*  Rachel Brice danced to it.  lol I can't remember any more to it though. 

http://www.bassnectar.net/homebase.html

Here's their myspace profile as well...

http://www.myspace.com/bassnectar

adding that STS9 Bassnectar Remix (the last track on their profile is STELLAR)

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

violentsound
Journeyman
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 02:15:47 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Witch

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #16: May 18, 2007, 01:34:12 pm »

Have you heard of Bassnectar before?  They're Dj's out of San Francisco, but they tour and are INCREDIBLE. 

I hadn't, so thank you for the link! I'm an EBM/Industrial nerd mostly, but I'll check out pretty much anything.

Also clubs tend to actively work towards creating particular atmospheres, which could help.  For example, there's a gay nightclub in London I went to a few times, and everytime thought 'if I were going to shoot a vampire movie, I would use this as a scene.'

Funny, sometimes when I went out I thought about staking people through the heart too!  Cheesy

But seriously, you're right about the atmosphere. I mean, say you walked into a Fetish Club and everything was like, lavender with frills? Yeah. Not gonna happen.

And randomly... A gay techno-y vampire movie would be fun. (I think the only gay vampire movie I've seen to date was Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter which had a sinister vampire cult turning all the world's lesbians and only Jesus could save them! Fun stuff. Interview doesn't count - all sexual tension and no payoff. God, just make out already! Anyway.)
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #17: May 18, 2007, 02:18:08 pm »

And randomly... A gay techno-y vampire movie would be fun. (I think the only gay vampire movie I've seen to date was Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter which had a sinister vampire cult turning all the world's lesbians and only Jesus could save them! Fun stuff. Interview doesn't count - all sexual tension and no payoff. God, just make out already! Anyway.)

I did actually write the first chapter for a story set in London, naturally featuring said club.  I don't think it went techno at any moment, although the vampires in question did swap club cultures a lot.  I stopped writing it when I realised how long it would be, for something I didn't intend to publish, nor could publish.  Managed to hook a few readers on the first chapter though. Smiley

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Lily
Master Member
Last Login:April 10, 2008, 04:53:56 pm

Religion: Lazy polytheist with Kemetic leanings.

Blog entries (6)

Ignore
« Reply #18: May 18, 2007, 02:22:34 pm »

Clubbing. Pounding bass, throbbing strobes, and jacked-up drink prices... ooh. Sacred.

*Snork*

*Giggles*

Set kids. You can spot 'em a mile away.

*Says the Set kid who agrees*
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #19: May 18, 2007, 04:14:35 pm »

I hadn't, so thank you for the link! I'm an EBM/Industrial nerd mostly, but I'll check out pretty much anything.

Funny, sometimes when I went out I thought about staking people through the heart too!  Cheesy

But seriously, you're right about the atmosphere. I mean, say you walked into a Fetish Club and everything was like, lavender with frills? Yeah. Not gonna happen.

You might like this guy too, his name is Bart, and his stage name, "Extus"  He's got a much deeper, earthier vibe to him, although he makes much less use of the bass and distort than Bassnectar.

http://www.myspace.com/bassnectar

He kind of has an Eastern feel to some of his music - which I think is a flow through of his girlfriend, who is this very serious down to earth little dark haired beauty.  His personality comes through so strongly in his music that it's almost hard to trip to without feeling more of him than you mean to.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
violentsound
Journeyman
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #20: May 18, 2007, 05:04:35 pm »

*Snork*

*Giggles*

I'm not sure if I qualify as a Set kid since I've only encountered him a few times. (Although I did spend an awul lot of time drawing him in leisure suits... *cough*)

I stopped writing it when I realised how long it would be, for something I didn't intend to publish, nor could publish.  Managed to hook a few readers on the first chapter though. Smiley

Aww, too bad for us.

You might like this guy too, his name is Bart, and his stage name, "Extus" 

His personality comes through so strongly in his music that it's almost hard to trip to without feeling more of him than you mean to.

Heh. "I'm feeling you up through your music!"
I'll check him out. Thanks again!
Lily
Master Member

Blog entries (6)

Ignore
« Reply #21: May 19, 2007, 11:49:30 am »

I'm not sure if I qualify as a Set kid since I've only encountered him a few times. (Although I did spend an awul lot of time drawing him in leisure suits... *cough*)

My bad - but it is an identical mindset - and Big Red has a way of influencing people's likes and behaviors.  Tongue

*Laughs at the leisure suit idea*

He also likes sequins quite a bit. Just saying.  Grin
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #22: May 19, 2007, 12:46:53 pm »

Aww, too bad for us.

If you want, you can see the first chapter before you decide that the cancellation is a loss to the world. :p

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
violentsound
Journeyman
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #23: May 19, 2007, 01:04:57 pm »

My bad - but it is an identical mindset - and Big Red has a way of influencing people's likes and behaviors.  Tongue

*Laughs at the leisure suit idea*

He also likes sequins quite a bit. Just saying.  Grin

Oh, I don't mind being mistaken for a Set-kid. You guys seem like my kinda people, you know?

And I will bear the sequins in mind, although I think they might be hard to do in black and white.
violentsound
Journeyman
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #24: May 19, 2007, 01:05:32 pm »

If you want, you can see the first chapter before you decide that the cancellation is a loss to the world. :p

I just might take you up on that one day.
Lily
Master Member

Blog entries (6)

Ignore
« Reply #25: May 19, 2007, 01:17:03 pm »

Oh, I don't mind being mistaken for a Set-kid. You guys seem like my kinda people, you know?

And I will bear the sequins in mind, although I think they might be hard to do in black and white.

I've always assumed you belonged to Dad, since you have the Set scent, if you get my drift. same kind of humor, same attitude, so on and so forth. *blushes*

Wink
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:Today at 09:37:09 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #26: May 19, 2007, 10:47:44 pm »

I've always assumed you belonged to Dad, since you have the Set scent, if you get my drift. same kind of humor, same attitude, so on and so forth. *blushes*
I'd be mighty surprised if Violentsound didn't turn out to belong to some shit-disturbing deity, but I don't know whether it'll be that one.  Not saying I think it won't be (I agree that there are some signs that appear to point that way), just keeping things opened up.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
sefiru
Master Member
Last Login:April 11, 2016, 07:41:55 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: May 20, 2007, 05:34:52 am »

*Snork*

*Giggles*

ditto, ditto, ditto. (except for the overpriced drinks. Cheap drunk talking here.) I *hate* loud high and midrange sounds, but bass ... lay it on me!

I tend to go for the natural version: raging thunderstorms. I once went for a walk in a storm just to listen. People look at me like I'm nuts when I say I love the sound of thunder.

Oddly, the quiet of falling snow has exactly the same effect.  Huh

And also, the dark. When I'm in pitch-black, can't-see-my-hand-in-front-of-my-face dark, I always feel safe and comfortable. Which is weird, because shadowy areas often creep me the hell out.
violentsound
Journeyman
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #28: May 20, 2007, 10:28:27 pm »

*grins* Well, I'm flattered to have been mistaken for one.

I'd be mighty surprised if Violentsound didn't turn out to belong to some shit-disturbing deity, but I don't know whether it'll be that one.  Not saying I think it won't be (I agree that there are some signs that appear to point that way), just keeping things opened up.

Well, the Morrigan is pretty much the one with a permanent claim to my ass, but she does share me sometimes. So who knows?
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:Today at 09:37:09 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #29: May 21, 2007, 02:15:12 am »

Well, the Morrigan is pretty much the one with a permanent claim to my ass, but she does share me sometimes. So who knows?
She's something of a shit-disturber herself, and, while not a Trickster in the conventional sense, has some qualities that could be considered Tricksterish, so that could be it right there.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)