The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 24, 2021, 09:17:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2021, 09:17:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What Religious Projects Are You Working On?  (Read 12772 times)
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:February 05, 2021, 09:36:51 pm
United States United States

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Topic Start: December 30, 2009, 02:35:53 pm »

It seems like it's been awhile since this was asked: what are you working on, religiously? What things are you struggling with, what issues are you facing? What's going really well for you?

Myself, I have a bit of a laundry list of things I'm working on. I'm working out ritual structure for some weekly, some monthly, and some yearly rituals; I'm writing hymns for said rituals (for lack of a better word for "stuff I say during ritual"); I'm preparing for a major altar move and redesign; I've got a book reading project going on my religious blog; and I'm researching for a hands-on religious symbolism project. It seems like a lot, but it's coming together pretty well, especially since my social and working lives are in a state of limbo, and school hasn't restarted yet.

So what's going on for you?

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: December 30, 2009, 02:50:55 pm »

The biggest thing for me right now -- religiously speaking -- is reading the new book about Brighid.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but reading has become very difficult for me.  I haven't read a book in well over a year, so committing to finishing this one is a big deal for me.

I feel like there is something else I should be working on, but I'm not sure what it is yet.  I'm working with a couple of artists to design some Brighid-related art.  And I'm thinking about another tattoo.  But other than that, I'm not sure.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: December 30, 2009, 09:44:46 pm »

FlameKeeping book.  *twitch*.

Though that and pretty much EVERYTHING else is on hold until after the holidays are over and I get back in my routine - lately I'm just all over the place and can't THINK.  Getting sick probably didn't help there.

But, y'know.  Flamekeeping book.  *twitch*

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Autumn Breeze
Senior Newbie
Last Login:July 14, 2010, 08:04:56 am

Religion: New to Wicca

What a Beautiful Mess this is

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: December 30, 2009, 09:56:34 pm »

I am currently writing a paper on the Blue Moon for the coven I recently joined. Very exciting for me as I love learning new things, and I haven't had homework in about 7 years, so it's fun to wake up my brain like this!!

I'm also doing what I can all over my house to reduce the 'stuff' we have accumulated that we don't use for anything ever. And with that comes a great sense of accomplishment because since my second was born 4 years ago, things have slowly but surely built up to the point where I can't really remember what it's like to have a neat, organized, 'stress free' living space. I want all the clutter GONE. And not just in cupboards and closets!! They need to be functional too!!

All in all I think 2010 is about re-organizing everything. It's all gotten so messy, I need order. At least order that I can see! We'll work on the 'family schedule' once we get the house cleaned up!!

Loving Wife
Proud Mother
Aspiring Witch
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: December 30, 2009, 09:57:09 pm »

I am sitting down and reading the pile of books I've collected over the years and haven't read yet.  Working on my journal, it's kinda like a 'BOS' but not.  It holds all my herbal, EO info, Sabbat, maybe spells, etc.  But I do not consider it a BOS.

To get back in touch with my physical being I'm starting up my meditation practice again and working on yoga, which will eventual evolve to regular workouts.  Sounds silly but when I do this I'm more in tune with my whole being, which helps me spiritually too.
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: December 30, 2009, 10:14:35 pm »

It seems like it's been awhile since this was asked: what are you working on, religiously? What things are you struggling with, what issues are you facing? What's going really well for you?
More or less, I'm currently working on finishing my reading list. I have a ton of books that I need to read. So that's my big thing. Besides that, I'm trying to "hear" better. Lately, I've been having stress out the wazoo, and so my connect to the divine has become a bit... distorted. Trying to take it one day at a time Tongue
-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
SatAset
Adept Member
Last Login:November 06, 2011, 11:27:55 pm

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Heathen, Orisa devotee

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #6: December 31, 2009, 12:54:41 am »

Myself, I have a bit of a laundry list of things I'm working on. I'm working out ritual structure for some weekly, some monthly, and some yearly rituals; I'm writing hymns for said rituals (for lack of a better word for "stuff I say during ritual"); I'm preparing for a major altar move and redesign; I've got a book reading project going on my religious blog; and I'm researching for a hands-on religious symbolism project. It seems like a lot, but it's coming together pretty well, especially since my social and working lives are in a state of limbo, and school hasn't restarted yet.

I'm working on a book about Aset, writing in my journal, reading religion related books, and writing poetry.  I'm also going to learn how to bead. 

I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --Me
treekisser
Adept Member
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 05:18:30 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Bajoran

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: December 31, 2009, 04:11:37 am »

I need to work on writing down, neatly, the core stuff I believe in regarding my god, the god-forms I work with, and some associated concepts like grace. I also want to come up with simple everyday prayers - I already have very short pre-bedtime and on-waking prayers, but want other things like prayers before eating, devotional praise, and prayers for others.

What I have going for me is that I know roughly what I want to write, and I have a fairly coherent symbol system. Bad thing is that my exams are at the beginning of each term, so the hols are always under their shadow. Plus knowing what I want to write isn't the same as actually sitting myself down, or if I do manage to sit down everything sounds facile. CAN HAZ DIVINE INSPIRATION, PLZ.

'Whatever such a mind sees is a flower, and whatever such a mind dreams of is the moon.' - Basho
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #8: December 31, 2009, 04:41:11 am »

What I have going for me is that I know roughly what I want to write, and I have a fairly coherent symbol system. Bad thing is that my exams are at the beginning of each term, so the hols are always under their shadow. Plus knowing what I want to write isn't the same as actually sitting myself down, or if I do manage to sit down everything sounds facile. CAN HAZ DIVINE INSPIRATION, PLZ.

Ah, yes-the joy of the English examination system. I dimly remember those bloody things-I say bloody as I get massive nosebleeds when I do exams or get that stressed about anything. I went through school and college with a box of tissues waiting on the desk for me whenever there was an exam. I'd have done wonders for the blood donation service!  Wink

Incidentally, why do you want to hazard divine inspiration? *giggles*

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
treekisser
Adept Member
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 05:18:30 pm

Religion: Bajoran

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: December 31, 2009, 05:20:29 am »

I dimly remember those bloody things-I say bloody as I get massive nosebleeds when I do exams or get that stressed about anything.

That would freak me out! When I was much younger I remember seeing a kid in my class get a nosebleed and getting really scared that somehow their brains were bleeding and they'd die. Went to the bathroom later to try and look up my nose in the mirror and make sure mine were OK.  Roll Eyes

Incidentally, why do you want to hazard divine inspiration?

*groan*

Hmmm. I was trying to come up with a cheesy line about hazard lights and enlightenment but totally failed.  Grin

'Whatever such a mind sees is a flower, and whatever such a mind dreams of is the moon.' - Basho
SilentEcho
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 20, 2011, 07:46:31 am

Religion: Pagan, eclectic studies for now

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: December 31, 2009, 07:20:55 am »

I am sitting down and reading the pile of books I've collected over the years and haven't read yet.  Working on my journal, it's kinda like a 'BOS' but not.  It holds all my herbal, EO info, Sabbat, maybe spells, etc.  But I do not consider it a BOS.

This is something that I've neglected of late-all the reading I should be doing, if I'm not careful I'll spend way too much time online and then *oops* no time left for reading.  My journal is a disastrous mess right now and could use a makeover(good project for this time of year).  I need to do some more journaling, too.

To get back in touch with my physical being I'm starting up my meditation practice again and working on yoga, which will eventual evolve to regular workouts.  Sounds silly but when I do this I'm more in tune with my whole being, which helps me spiritually too.

Not silly at all, I feel the same way.  I've struggled with ...umm... quality?... meditative practices, and am looking into some guided meditations and visualization.

I'm also deepening my Tarot learning on a more "spiritual quest" sort of angle.

I'm working on creating some prayer bead projects, beginning stages. 
CrinklyBlue
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:September 02, 2010, 01:10:37 am

Religion: Animist

Blog entries (0)

Kerian.Nox BandedNagini

Ignore
« Reply #11: December 31, 2009, 05:58:43 pm »

Currently tagged (read: geas) to make mistletoe arrowheads. Some to keep, some to dedicate, some to bestow. Crash course in bindrunes to carve on said arrowheads. Is it bad, when I tell one recipient of what he is to receive... that he decides that is a good day to fall off the wagon?

Um... learning more about journeying, consolidating my scattered notes into a journal of some type.

Going good: Being able to be around hard-core christians without becoming defensive or angered by their presence. (Not as bitter as I used to be.) Developing a healthy respect for magick tools. Learning how to use stones. I find I prefer the 'common' stones to the 'exotic' crystals. Most crystals feel 'aloof' and 'eliteist', while the stones are 'open' and 'friendly'.

Going rough: Dealing with different pantheons. Dealing with friends that are so scared of Lopt, they hold me at arm's length because I'm willing to drink with him. Trying to find my place. No cultural/familial lore of my own, so I'm stumbling from 'village' to 'village', trying to see where I belong.

Planned for the year: A few more magick tools to make by hand. I suspect what I learn while in the making is more important than what is actually made.
Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #12: December 31, 2009, 06:06:21 pm »

The biggest thing for me right now -- religiously speaking -- is reading the new book about Brighid.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but reading has become very difficult for me.  I haven't read a book in well over a year, so committing to finishing this one is a big deal for me.

I feel like there is something else I should be working on, but I'm not sure what it is yet.  I'm working with a couple of artists to design some Brighid-related art.  And I'm thinking about another tattoo.  But other than that, I'm not sure.

((Moon Ivy)) The reading does get easier, over time, but it does take time. After my first major head trauma, I wasn't really reading again for two years? I've had a number of injuries since then, and I still have trouble, but it's a lot of work.

Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #13: December 31, 2009, 06:07:19 pm »

FlameKeeping book.  *twitch*.

Though that and pretty much EVERYTHING else is on hold until after the holidays are over and I get back in my routine - lately I'm just all over the place and can't THINK.  Getting sick probably didn't help there.

But, y'know.  Flamekeeping book.  *twitch*

Smiley I take it from the twitching you're still having fun with first person?

Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #14: December 31, 2009, 06:08:30 pm »

I am currently writing a paper on the Blue Moon for the coven I recently joined. Very exciting for me as I love learning new things, and I haven't had homework in about 7 years, so it's fun to wake up my brain like this!!

What about the Blue Moon do you have to write? (If you don't mind sharing/are able to share.)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)