The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 03, 2021, 06:21:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 03, 2021, 06:21:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What Religious Projects Are You Working On?  (Read 12789 times)
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:February 05, 2021, 09:36:51 pm
United States United States

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #15: December 31, 2009, 06:10:44 pm »

To get back in touch with my physical being I'm starting up my meditation practice again and working on yoga, which will eventual evolve to regular workouts.  Sounds silly but when I do this I'm more in tune with my whole being, which helps me spiritually too.

I definitely understand. I'm hoping to get into shape in the new year, and hopefully adding a new level of healthy will help me be more in balance.

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #16: December 31, 2009, 06:19:34 pm »

Smiley I take it from the twitching you're still having fun with first person?

oh, LOADS of fun!  MOUNTAINS of it!

*grumbles in the corner*

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #17: December 31, 2009, 06:21:48 pm »

More or less, I'm currently working on finishing my reading list. I have a ton of books that I need to read. So that's my big thing.

I know the feeling- I have a full shelf of religious books to get through, not to mention the 200+ books on my wishlist. I'm going to be at this for a while. Roll Eyes

Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #18: December 31, 2009, 06:22:35 pm »

I'm working on a book about Aset

Sounds interesting! How is it going for you?

SatAset
Adept Member
Last Login:November 06, 2011, 11:27:55 pm

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Heathen, Orisa devotee

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #19: December 31, 2009, 09:14:13 pm »

Sounds interesting! How is it going for you?

It's going well in some areas and not in others.  I wish I had more material from temples and stuff from earlier periods about her worship (which is scarce).  I also wish I had more material available to me in English. 

On the good side I have about 20-30 poems written. 

I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --Me
darkwhispersdale
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 03:41:49 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: January 01, 2010, 06:57:35 pm »

It seems like it's been awhile since this was asked: what are you working on, religiously? What things are you struggling with, what issues are you facing? What's going really well for you?

Mines a rather strange request I had from Thoth and some of the Others which was to address them in prayer in one of the languages I'm learning. I think its a kick up the backside to get more learning in or at least expand my volcabularies. Personally I would prefer a book list.

For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then set for yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible...

- Nietzsche, unpublished note from 1873
Spectacular Views
Journeyman
Last Login:June 10, 2013, 02:21:49 am

Religion: Can being confused count as a religion?
TCN ID: SpectacularViews

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: January 01, 2010, 11:48:31 pm »

So what's going on for you?

For me the usual, still trying to define myself spiritually and reading away Cheesy
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: January 02, 2010, 10:38:10 am »

It seems like it's been awhile since this was asked: what are you working on, religiously? What things are you struggling with, what issues are you facing? What's going really well for you?

Over the year just past I have struggled with feeling a serious disconnection from my spiritual side.  In late October the reasons for that became clear to me- I was separating out my spirituality from my life, and that doesn't work for me.

So, I began working on reintegration of all parts of myself, and this year I am going to work on creating an even more integrated me.  I am attempting to not only accept what I cannot change, but to embrace the gifts of those things in my life.

Fibro, and probably lupus, have changed every facet of my life.  This last year has seen this become so clear that denial isn't even an option. So much of who I used to be has to be laid aside, and yet, I am beginning to see this as a gift.

Working a full time job left me with no time nor energy to really work on MY work, to create and express myself.  Working also made expressing myself in my dress impossible.  Those blocks are gone.  I have the time and freedom to actually engage in art and I can dress however I please.  I intend to take full advantage of this.

My volunteer work is also a reflection of this.  Working to heal and nourish others is a part of who I am, and without a job to eat all my time up, I can engage in such pursuits at my level of ability.  In the winter, while it is bitterly cold, I am far more limited than in the warm weather, but for the first time in my life I am able to determine when I do what.  If I need to conserve energy, I can.

By feeding these things, I serve my Lady, and the rituals and rites of honoring her have once more become lush with meaning.  I am living as She desires for me to live- fully engaged at my own level of physical, mental and spiritual ability.

I can ask for nothing more.

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: January 02, 2010, 11:40:02 am »

2009 was a rough year for me in many ways, but spiritually it was probably the most disconnected, absent year I've spent in a long time. Depression probably plays a role in this, as does the emotional and psychological upheaval of graduating and being expected to "grow up" and "settle down". I haven't felt Brighid's significant presence in my life for quite a while. There are small, rare moments when I am finally able to push "adult thoughts" and "adult life" out of my way and find the young thoughts and young life I spent with her. But she remains far away, and I am growing more certain that it is because I'm the one moving farther and farther away from her, and the life I wanted to give her.

So perhaps 2010 is the year that I make contact (har har) with myself again, and make contact with Brighid again and the life I wanted to serve her with before I went off to college. I think my religious project for this year is to hear Brighid's voice again, and feel her light inside me again.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Selegna
Master Member
Last Login:July 26, 2012, 08:50:53 pm
Argentina Argentina

Religion: Eclectic, polytheist, follower of Loki, Brighid and Hera.

Blog entries (0)

IceAngie

Ignore
« Reply #24: January 02, 2010, 01:09:28 pm »

These last months have been difficult for me, religiously speaking. So now I'm trying to put things in order. One of the things I'm doing is reading (for Hera right now). I'm also trying to find out why I've been so interested in the Egyptian pantheon lately. I think someone may be calling me from over there (I'm also trying to figure out who is calling me, be it Egyptian or not). Trying to do meditation daily, or at least a few times a week. I hadn't meditated in months. Oh, and trying to make offerings for my gods and goddesses more often.

Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #25: January 02, 2010, 01:51:58 pm »

Well, 2009 started and ended with defibrillators for me, last January to stop a heart attack and this December to prevent one (cardiavert).  In between it's been a fallow year religiously, probably because I haven't been physically strong enough for the kind of service I usually render.  Since my dealings with the Old Dog have always involved chores 'in the trenches' more than spiritual tasks, the potential addition of a pacemaker to my personal hardware is going to put a crimp in that relationship.

My brains are still good and I can still do the committee thing if I stay in one place long enough, but I think I'm going to have to investigate the more esoteric side of religion.  I don't know how that will fit with my transactional nature - I like a task and a negotiation.  I do know that there are people who look to the same Being I do that manage a fulfilling spiritual relationship with him - I just don't know if I personally can manage it. 

I guess my future project is to find that out. Cheesy

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2020, 05:37:46 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #26: January 03, 2010, 12:19:45 pm »

My brains are still good and I can still do the committee thing if I stay in one place long enough, but I think I'm going to have to investigate the more esoteric side of religion.  I don't know how that will fit with my transactional nature - I like a task and a negotiation.  I do know that there are people who look to the same Being I do that manage a fulfilling spiritual relationship with him - I just don't know if I personally can manage it. 

I guess my future project is to find that out. Cheesy
Feel free to pick my brains Cheesy.

I'd say that, while they might be different sorts of transactions, transactions will still be at the core - it's his nature, too.

(Now I have a mental picture of the Chaotic Canine in a flashy, tacky '70s suit, hollering, "Come on down!"  It's apt and hilarious, but it still makes me want to reach for the brain bleach.)

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Epona
Last Login:January 03, 2010, 07:50:13 pm

Religion: witch, ADF Druid

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: January 03, 2010, 07:35:57 pm »

After being a member for four years, and several starts , I've finally decided to start and FINISH the ADF Dedicants Program. I think it's the right time to get it done.

Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~Ghandi
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2020, 05:37:46 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #28: January 03, 2010, 08:40:55 pm »

Hi, Epona - please don't forget to quote, even when you're replying to the first post in a thread.

Sunflower, TC Forum Staff

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #29: January 03, 2010, 11:31:16 pm »

FlameKeeping book.  *twitch*.

Right there with ya--in my case, the book of my myth cycle. *shudder*

Though that and pretty much EVERYTHING else is on hold until after the holidays are over and I get back in my routine - lately I'm just all over the place and can't THINK.

Again, you and me both. That I survived all the shopping, wrapping, cooking, cleaning, prepping, overeating, and stressing for another year astounds me. I'm ready to have my life back.

But, y'know.  Flamekeeping book.  *twitch*

*shudder*

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)