The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 03, 2021, 06:41:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 03, 2021, 06:41:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What Religious Projects Are You Working On?  (Read 12785 times)
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #30: January 04, 2010, 02:33:13 am »

Again, you and me both. That I survived all the shopping, wrapping, cooking, cleaning, prepping, overeating, and stressing for another year astounds me. I'm ready to have my life back.

I know what you guys mean-I still have my parents here for about another 3 weeks, and whilst I love having them here, they have been in my house since the beginning of December. As soon as their furniture arrives back from France (they've been over there for 6 years) they can move into their new flat and I can have my house and routine back. I need my version of normality back! Please?

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Bastemhet
Master Member
Last Login:July 29, 2012, 07:48:38 am
United States United States

Religion: Reformed Kemetic

May She smile upon me always.

Blog entries (0)

http://www.facebook.com/h

Ignore
« Reply #31: January 08, 2010, 09:57:47 pm »

It seems like it's been awhile since this was asked: what are you working on, religiously? What things are you struggling with, what issues are you facing? What's going really well for you?

Myself, I have a bit of a laundry list of things I'm working on. I'm working out ritual structure for some weekly, some monthly, and some yearly rituals; I'm writing hymns for said rituals (for lack of a better word for "stuff I say during ritual"); I'm preparing for a major altar move and redesign; I've got a book reading project going on my religious blog; and I'm researching for a hands-on religious symbolism project. It seems like a lot, but it's coming together pretty well, especially since my social and working lives are in a state of limbo, and school hasn't restarted yet.

So what's going on for you?

Well, Nehet and I formed "Seshat's Library" as a group effort to make reliable, scholarly articles on relevant Ancient Egyptian practices as a sort of primer for Kemetics without the politics involved with making yet another "temple group."  This is based in TCN and is open to anyone, whether as a writer or beta reader.  We plan to offer this information freely.

Right now I'm working on figuring out how to adapt the Kemetic calendar(s) system to modern use, and it's tough.  I don't even think a lot of Egyptologists are at a consensus yet, but I'm getting close to finding something workable that keeps with the intent of the originals while making it a bit easier for modern devotees.

After this I plan on making an adapted ritual based off of primary and secondary sources, as well as figuring out the logistics of making a mini-temple out of an Altoids tin.  I'm pretty excited about that. Grin

Then I plan on using some of my secondary sources to plan a Kemetic oracle deck based off of the mythos and art of Kemet.  My sister is a traditional Illustration major so she would be doing the art work while I work on the symbolism and card meanings.  I'm even considering pitching the finished project.  It would be nice to have a card deck that is historically accurate rather than a poor mish-mash of Egyptian and Rider-Waite symbolism.  It would also be great to jump start my sis' career.

Then of course there's my big library of books that I plan on tackling with gusto, but one at a time...I'm only one person and I'm also a full time college student, so I don't expect to get anything done right quick.

Bastemhet
Master Member
Last Login:July 29, 2012, 07:48:38 am

Religion: Reformed Kemetic

May She smile upon me always.

Blog entries (0)

http://www.facebook.com/h

Ignore
« Reply #32: January 08, 2010, 10:01:15 pm »

I'm researching for a hands-on religious symbolism project.

Juni, if you're adding Kemetic symbolism to the mix, I highly recommend "Reading Egyptian Art: A Hieroglyphic Guide to Ancient Egyptian Painting and Sculpture" and "Symbol & Magic in Egyptian Art" by Richard H. Wilkinson, as well as "Arrest and Movement" by H.A. Groenewegen-Frankfort.  I plan on using these for my oracle deck project.

alabaster
Senior Newbie
Last Login:December 23, 2010, 04:36:02 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Secret.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: January 15, 2010, 07:06:26 am »

Witch bottles! I've been researching for a while and find them really interesting - so I'm slowly collecting
the bits and pieces I need to make my own. It'll be for protection, and will be an 'altar bottle' - living on my altar absorbing and transforming bad vibes into good ones.

I'm also working through 'Ariadne's Thread' which is a workbook in the goddess tradition by Shekhinah Mountainwater - I'm really enjoying it. Its refreshing to find a book by someone who can translate deep ideas and a lifetime of experience into a journey in book form.
Soul Fire
Journeyman
Last Login:February 07, 2011, 01:16:39 am

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: January 25, 2010, 02:06:24 pm »

For me the usual, still trying to define myself spiritually and reading away Cheesy

What are you reading/studying? Just curious.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)