The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 21, 2021, 09:57:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2021, 09:57:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's the strangest offering you've ever made?  (Read 13871 times)
theperfumer
Apprentice
Last Login:May 16, 2011, 01:14:50 am
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

magickalrealism

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 01, 2010, 08:49:02 pm »

I was putting together a candle spell, and had an urge to throw in a gel cap of ibuprofen. Thinking about it, it suited my intent, but it had never EVER occurred to me to offer up over the counter medication. What's the strangest thing you've ever had the urge to offer/put in a spell?

"I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been TERRIBLE last words." - Christopher Eccleston

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #1: January 01, 2010, 09:51:15 pm »

I was putting together a candle spell, and had an urge to throw in a gel cap of ibuprofen. Thinking about it, it suited my intent, but it had never EVER occurred to me to offer up over the counter medication. What's the strangest thing you've ever had the urge to offer/put in a spell?

Not a spell, but an offering to a deity. Usually with each theatre show I do I dedicate the show to Dionysus and ask for a safe and successful performance. After the show, I give him a libation of wine.

Well, I was super stressed/busy/tired and forgot to get the wine for opening night. I was freaking out about what to give him and I looked at my bottle of Sobe Green Tea and heard a "Yeah, that'd be cool" in my head. So I gave Dionysus some Sobe. Cheesy

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2020, 05:37:46 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: January 01, 2010, 10:07:30 pm »

What's the strangest thing you've ever had the urge to offer/put in a spell?
Hmm... I have plenty of memories of feeling initial surprise, so presumably that means I have had strange-offering UPGs, but I can't actually remember any particulars - I think, after that initial WTF moment, just the fact that it feels like the right thing to do means they don't parse as "strange" in my mind.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #3: January 10, 2010, 10:00:11 am »

Athena likes tampons and chocolate cake, and that's all I'm willing to disclose on the matter.

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
theperfumer
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

magickalrealism

Ignore
« Reply #4: January 12, 2010, 12:40:47 am »

Athena likes tampons and chocolate cake, and that's all I'm willing to disclose on the matter.
OK, I find that hilarious but I've got a pretty good understanding of why with her!
I've also found that Athena will sometimes require migraine medicine after exposure. But that's another thing entirely.

"I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been TERRIBLE last words." - Christopher Eccleston
Ellen M.
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 12, 2010, 01:03:24 am »

OK, I find that hilarious but I've got a pretty good understanding of why with her!
I've also found that Athena will sometimes require migraine medicine after exposure. But that's another thing entirely.

...that makes a lot of sense. What sort of OTCs do you use? (For some reason, I'm actually seeing NyQuil. XD Athena, secret goddess of pharmacies?)

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Winter_Witch
Apprentice
Last Login:March 01, 2010, 01:29:59 pm

I Believe

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: January 13, 2010, 07:18:40 pm »

...that makes a lot of sense. What sort of OTCs do you use? (For some reason, I'm actually seeing NyQuil. XD Athena, secret goddess of pharmacies?)

Advil Extra Strength and, if late at night, Tylenol PM's.

LOL, go Athena!  Smiley
Ellen M.
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 13, 2010, 07:38:13 pm »

Advil Extra Strength and, if late at night, Tylenol PM's.

LOL, go Athena!  Smiley

Apollo got part of my Subway Spicy Italian sub this morning. XD I dunno what it is about the Theoi.

theperfumer
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

magickalrealism

Ignore
« Reply #8: January 13, 2010, 07:48:53 pm »

Excedrin migraine. I just keep some around all the time anyway, and I love it. I remember before it was commercially available I had to sometimes resort to stuff that could get me arrested, and I was so relieved to find a remedy that worked that did not carry that risk.

Miss Kitten
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:February 21, 2013, 08:44:07 am

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 24, 2010, 11:45:57 am »

Set wanted me to put a container of sand in his shrine.
alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #10: January 25, 2010, 06:07:07 pm »

Apollo got part of my Subway Spicy Italian sub this morning. XD I dunno what it is about the Theoi.

Lol, around Winter Solstice, I made on offering of cooked chicken strips, a pound of bacon, and a bottle of Meade to the Norse Gods and Goddesses, and a handful of Celtic ones too. I hope no one fought over the Bacon, because I made a distinct offer of that to Thor.  : )

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548
Tranquil_Oak
Senior Newbie
Last Login:February 10, 2010, 05:42:15 am

Religion: Monopantheistic Brigidine

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: January 26, 2010, 01:03:52 am »

What's the strangest thing you've ever had the urge to offer/put in a spell?

Years ago, I used to have long hair with multiple braids, and one time I got the urge to cut one off and give it to Brigid in a burnt offering. 

Also, a couple months ago, not in a spell, just during prayer and meditation, I got the urge to offer her some green grass, which seemed very unusual to me (but not as unusual as the hair), but what she wants, she gets.  So I dug under the snow near my shed to find some still green grass to offer her.  A few days later,  we had a very warm spell which melted some of the snow and revealed a large spot of lawn near my shed, the same spot where I got the grass from.  Even though we have gotten a lot more snow since, that spot near the shed is still uncovered of snow and there is green grass and yellow wood sorrel growing in it, in the middle of the winter with 2-3 feet of snow on the ground right nearby.  I guess she likes green grass.

-Oak

Brigid has called my name, and I am hers forever.
blueheron
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 09, 2010, 09:05:34 pm

Religion: wantism, nondualism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: May 25, 2010, 06:27:14 pm »

who doesn't like grass grass, eh?
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #13: May 25, 2010, 07:03:46 pm »

who doesn't like grass grass, eh?

*** MOD HAT ON ***Blueheron,

Our rules require that you quote what you're replying to, even when it's the post right before yours or the first post in the thread.  I hate issuing an official warning over this because it seems like such a small thing, but we really need that quoting in there to run the board properly and polite nudges here and there don't seem to be working.  So...  Please consider this an official warning.  You need to start complying with our quoting rules.  We understand that they're a bit different from other forums, but this is how things work here.

You can find the full quoting policy here.  Please review it and make sure that you understand it.  If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to drop me a PM and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks.

Star
Cauldron Message Board Coordinator

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
blueheron
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 09, 2010, 09:05:34 pm

Religion: wantism, nondualism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: May 27, 2010, 01:37:44 am »

offering of tao

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)