The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 09, 2021, 05:04:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 09, 2021, 05:04:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TC Cill's 3rd Anniversary: A Check-in, a Project, and an Offer  (Read 13083 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: January 03, 2010, 10:20:20 am »

Hello, Cill-Mates!

Today, January 3, 2010, is TC Cill's 3rd anniversary.  Wow!  As one of the founding members of this Cill, I have to say I'm a little surprised and very happy that we've lasted this long.

I've been "talking" via PM with the SIG Leaders for the Cill (Finn, Juni, and Sunflower).  Since this is a special time for us, we think it's a good time to do an annual check-in, so we can keep the Cill roster up to date.  In addition, I'd like to propose a project and make an offer.

The Check-In
We periodically like to have all Cill members check in, just to make sure our roster is up to date and all shifts are still covered.

If you are a member of the Cill, please contact SunflowerP via PM by midnight (USA Eastern) to let her know that you're still keeping your shift.  If you want to leave the Cill -- temporarily or permanently -- please let her know that.  If you'd like to join the Cill, let her know and she'll assign you a shift at the next possible cycle.

The Project: Cross/Brat Exchange
We think it would be fun to do a Brighd's Cross/Brighid's Brat exchange to mark the anniversary.  If it works well, perhaps we can make it an annual tradition.

Here's how it would work:  Interested Cill members would PM or email me BY MIDNIGHT (USA Eastern), JANUARY 9, to let me know you want to participate and give me your address.  (I promise to keep all contact info confidential.)  I'll take the names of all interested members and do a random name draw.  Then, on January 10, I'll let you know who your "Secret Cill-Mate" is.  You choose either a Brighid's Cross, a Brighid's Brat, or both and make that for the person whose name you're assigned.  Be sure to ship it in time for your Secret Cill-Mate to receive by January 30.  (If it's a brat, they'll probably want to put it out for Imbolc Eve to get Brighid's blessing.)  In the package you send, you'll include a note that will reveal who you are.

Obviously, participation in this project is completely voluntary and will not effect your participation in the Cill at all. Also, it bears repeating that I will keep contact info completely private.

(After discussion with the SIG Leaders, we felt it was best for me to collect the addresses because I've been on TC's staff for a while now, which means that Randall has my real name, address, and phone number.  This gives you some assurance  -- besides my own promise Smiley -- that I won't abuse your addresses since you can complain to Randall if I don't, and he knows how to find me.)

The Offer:  Sharing the Kildare Flame
As part of our Cill anniversary celebration, I'm offering to send to whoever requests it a candle that "contains" the perpetual flame that is kept in honor of Brighid by the Solas Bhride community in Kildare, Ireland (http://www.solasbhride.ie/aboutus/theperpetualflame). 

I received the flame from friends who got it from candles lit by the Kildare flame and then sent me candles that had been lit from those candles. I always use one of my Kildare candles for the initial lighting of new wicks in the oil lamp I use for my daily devotional and my shifts, so that wick will "contain" the Kildare flame.  To share it, I will light a tealight from one of my "Kildare Candles", allow it to burn briefly, then blow it out and send it to you.

If you would like a Kildare Candle, PM or email me your request and address (moonivy53@gmail.com).

DEADLINES
Please note the deadlines:  PM or email me (moonivy53@gmail.com) by midnight (USA Eastern), Saturday, January 9.  And commit to getting your cross/brat shipped in time to arrive before January 30.

There is no deadline for requesting a Kildare Candle.

Finally, the SIG Leaders and I have been discussing another idea, that we think would be a great project to mark the Cill's 5th anniversary.  Stay tuned for information on that.   Cheesy

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!

~MI

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: January 03, 2010, 03:07:17 pm »

If you are a member of the Cill, please contact SunflowerP via PM by midnight (USA Eastern) to let her know that you're still keeping your shift.  If you want to leave the Cill -- temporarily or permanently -- please let her know that.  If you'd like to join the Cill, let her know and she'll assign you a shift at the next possible cycle.

Oooooops!   Embarrassed

Even though I proofread my last post, I missed the typo.

The deadline to check-in as a Cill member is MIDNIGHT (USA Eastern), Sunday, January 9.

Of course, if you're a Cill member, and you don't see this before January 9, please check in when you can.  However, if we don't hear from you by January 9, you probably won't be included in the cross/brat exchange.

Also, please check in by responding to this post, rather than via PM to Sunflower.

Thanks!  (And apologies again for the initial mistake!)

~MI

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:February 05, 2021, 09:36:51 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

« Reply #2: January 03, 2010, 03:24:31 pm »

I'm so excited for the exchange!

And I'm still here and Keeping, of course. Cheesy

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama
SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2020, 05:37:46 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: January 03, 2010, 05:42:36 pm »

Today, January 3, 2010, is TC Cill's 3rd anniversary.  Wow!  As one of the founding members of this Cill, I have to say I'm a little surprised and very happy that we've lasted this long.
Happy birthday to us!

I'm very happy, but not surprised; it was clear, back when we were originally planning the Cill, that there were enough people who were not just excited by the idea but really committed to it

The Check-In
<waves to self, and waves back at self, while rapidly switching between Cill Member Hat and SIG Leader Hat>

<drops both hats and falls on arse, 'cause that's as bad as juggling eggs, and the hats don't fit in the nice basket that Darashand so kindly gave me over in the shift-schedule thread>

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: January 03, 2010, 05:51:31 pm »

Congratulations on your third anniversary!

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 03, 2010, 05:54:30 pm »

Hello, Cill-Mates!

I've been "talking" via PM with the SIG Leaders for the Cill (Finn, Juni, and Sunflower).  Since this is a special time for us, we think it's a good time to do an annual check-in, so we can keep the Cill roster up to date.  In addition, I'd like to propose a project and make an offer.

The Check-In
We periodically like to have all Cill members check in, just to make sure our roster is up to date and all shifts are still covered.

We think it would be fun to do a Brighd's Cross/Brighid's Brat exchange to mark the anniversary.  If it works well, perhaps we can make it an annual tradition.

Here's how it would work:  Interested Cill members would PM or email me BY MIDNIGHT (USA Eastern), JANUARY 9, to let me know you want to participate and give me your address.  (I promise to keep all contact info confidential.)  I'll take the names of all interested members and do a random name draw.  Then, on January 10, I'll let you know who your "Secret Cill-Mate" is.  You choose either a Brighid's Cross, a Brighid's Brat, or both and make that for the person whose name you're assigned.  Be sure to ship it in time for your Secret Cill-Mate to receive by January 30.  (If it's a brat, they'll probably want to put it out for Imbolc Eve to get Brighid's blessing.)  In the package you send, you'll include a note that will reveal who you are.

Obviously, participation in this project is completely voluntary and will not effect your participation in the Cill at all. Also, it bears repeating that I will keep contact info completely private.

(After discussion with the SIG Leaders, we felt it was best for me to collect the addresses because I've been on TC's staff for a while now, which means that Randall has my real name, address, and phone number.  This gives you some assurance  -- besides my own promise Smiley -- that I won't abuse your addresses since you can complain to Randall if I don't, and he knows how to find me.)

The Offer:  Sharing the Kildare Flame
As part of our Cill anniversary celebration, I'm offering to send to whoever requests it a candle that "contains" the perpetual flame that is kept in honor of Brighid by the Solas Bhride community in Kildare, Ireland (http://www.solasbhride.ie/aboutus/theperpetualflame). 

I received the flame from friends who got it from candles lit by the Kildare flame and then sent me candles that had been lit from those candles. I always use one of my Kildare candles for the initial lighting of new wicks in the oil lamp I use for my daily devotional and my shifts, so that wick will "contain" the Kildare flame.  To share it, I will light a tealight from one of my "Kildare Candles", allow it to burn briefly, then blow it out and send it to you.

If you would like a Kildare Candle, PM or email me your request and address (moonivy53@gmail.com).

DEADLINES
Please note the deadlines:  PM or email me (moonivy53@gmail.com) by midnight (USA Eastern), Saturday, January 9.  And commit to getting your cross/brat shipped in time to arrive before January 30.

There is no deadline for requesting a Kildare Candle.

Finally, the SIG Leaders and I have been discussing another idea, that we think would be a great project to mark the Cill's 5th anniversary.  Stay tuned for information on that.   Cheesy

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!

~MI

roll call: HERE! 

Exchange: I'll be doing this.  I have...  ideas!  Probably both.

I have Kildare candles, too, brought back by my friend Brigid from her honeymoon.

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: January 03, 2010, 10:57:29 pm »

*juggles some hats of her own*

I'm here and I'm going to participate in the exchange. I can't wait!  Smiley

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 06, 2010, 11:27:47 am »

Hello, Cill-Mates!

Sooo late on this.  I'm checking in...and I would like to get a candle flame, please? 

I think the exchange is a great idea!  Maybe we can do it again next year?

Happy Anniversary, everyone!

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: January 06, 2010, 09:47:15 pm »

I'm bumping this thread to remind Cill members to please check-in by posting in this thread.

Also, if you want to participate in the cross/brat exchange, please PM or email me your address by midnight (USA Eastern), Saturday, January 9.

Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 07, 2010, 12:35:49 pm »

The Check-In

I'm definitely still here and still 'Keeping. Cheesy

darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: January 07, 2010, 04:07:07 pm »

Sooo late on this.  I'm checking in...and I would like to get a candle flame, please? 

I'd also like to sent participate in the exchange.  Didn't realize it was before the deadline when I posted, duh. lol.

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Caroline
Master Member
Last Login:October 07, 2011, 11:24:24 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: January 07, 2010, 08:32:30 pm »

The Check-In

I'm here!
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: January 07, 2010, 08:53:01 pm »

I am having way too much fun with this.  This is going to be a very elegant brat, indeed, with satin ribbons and handmade lace trim.  I'm going blind working on it, but it's coming along nicely and will most likely be done...  tomorrow!

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #13: January 08, 2010, 12:18:27 am »

I am having way too much fun with this.  This is going to be a very elegant brat, indeed, with satin ribbons and handmade lace trim.  I'm going blind working on it, but it's coming along nicely and will most likely be done...  tomorrow!

Wow.

I feel so...inadequate...   Wink

darkwhispersdale
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 03:41:49 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: January 08, 2010, 03:09:08 pm »

The Check-In

Still here

For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then set for yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible...

- Nietzsche, unpublished note from 1873

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)