The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 26, 2021, 11:19:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 26, 2021, 11:19:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TC Cill's 3rd Anniversary: A Check-in, a Project, and an Offer  (Read 13067 times)
Figment99
Master Member
Last Login:September 30, 2011, 05:02:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: Pagan with Green and Kitchen Witch leanings

I'm trying to bloom

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: January 09, 2010, 05:56:34 pm »

The Check-In
We periodically like to have all Cill members check in, just to make sure our roster is up to date and all shifts are still covered.

The Project: Cross/Brat Exchange
We think it would be fun to do a Brighd's Cross/Brighid's Brat exchange to mark the anniversary.  If it works well, perhaps we can make it an annual tradition.

The Offer:  Sharing the Kildare Flame
As part of our Cill anniversary celebration, I'm offering to send to whoever requests it a candle that "contains" the perpetual flame that is kept in honor of Brighid by the Solas Bhride community in Kildare, Ireland (http://www.solasbhride.ie/aboutus/theperpetualflame). 

I received the flame from friends who got it from candles lit by the Kildare flame and then sent me candles that had been lit from those candles. I always use one of my Kildare candles for the initial lighting of new wicks in the oil lamp I use for my daily devotional and my shifts, so that wick will "contain" the Kildare flame.  To share it, I will light a tealight from one of my "Kildare Candles", allow it to burn briefly, then blow it out and send it to you.

If you would like a Kildare Candle, PM or email me your request and address (moonivy53@gmail.com).

[
I'm still here and kicking, although I haven't been active here much.

At the moment I can't participate in the Brat exchange, I don't have enough time to make anything, maybe next year.

True Greatness Shows Great Kindness

A Pagan Egroup -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheInnerSanctuary/ <-Feel free to join

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #16: January 11, 2010, 07:13:52 pm »

All,

I've run into a bit of a personal problem, which has thrown a monkey wrench into my life.  I left my job on Friday, rather abruptly.  Although I've been thinking about it for a long time because of the migraines, it was not entirely my choice.  So there's a bit to deal with now -- unemployment application, disability application, etc.

Anyway...

For those of you who are participating in the cross/brat exchange, I will do the random draw and get names and addresses out to you in the next few days.  You can be working on your cross/brat in the meantime, of course.  So, hopefully, my delay won't cause too many problems.

For those of you who requested Kildare candles, I will work on getting those out over the next week or so.

Thanks for your patience.

~MI

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:February 05, 2021, 09:36:51 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

« Reply #17: January 11, 2010, 08:46:54 pm »

((((((((Moon Ivy))))))))

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: January 11, 2010, 08:56:53 pm »

All,

I've run into a bit of a personal problem, which has thrown a monkey wrench into my life.  I left my job on Friday, rather abruptly.  Although I've been thinking about it for a long time because of the migraines, it was not entirely my choice.  So there's a bit to deal with now -- unemployment application, disability application, etc.
  Been there, done that.  (((MI)))  Hang in there, and if you ever need a sympathetic ear, don't hesitate to vent via email to me.

For those of you who are participating in the cross/brat exchange, I will do the random draw and get names and addresses out to you in the next few days.  You can be working on your cross/brat in the meantime, of course.  So, hopefully, my delay won't cause too many problems.

Thanks for your patience.

~MI
No worries on my end.  I'm working away on mine and we'll be doing crosses in a couple of days here.  It would be tomorrow, but I have no choice but to go do laundry.  *weeps*  I really would rather perform a lobotomy on myself with a rusty knitting needle.

darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: January 13, 2010, 10:14:52 am »

(((Moon Ivy)))  Take care...I hope all goes well with the disability process.

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #20: January 13, 2010, 02:34:17 pm »

I left my job on Friday, rather abruptly.  Although I've been thinking about it for a long time because of the migraines, it was not entirely my choice.  So there's a bit to deal with now -- unemployment application, disability application, etc.

Oh Moon Ivy... ((((((MI))))))

You're in my thoughts.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #21: January 13, 2010, 06:10:02 pm »

Thanks, everyone.  I'm doing OK most of the time, but find myself feeling particularly useless every now and then.  I'll get over it.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #22: January 14, 2010, 03:50:33 am »

Thanks, everyone.  I'm doing OK most of the time, but find myself feeling particularly useless every now and then.  I'll get over it.

I know what you mean. I have been off work since August and I've been told that it is very unlikely that I will be going back. Most of the time I can keep myself occupied, but like you said, every now and again....

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: January 14, 2010, 09:40:47 am »

I've run into a bit of a personal problem, which has thrown a monkey wrench into my life. 

(((((Moon Ivy)))))

Do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

Incidentally, I made my mini-brat and cross during my last shift. Smiley

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #24: January 14, 2010, 11:27:31 am »

Hi, everyone!

If you are participating in the Cill cross/brat exchange, you should have received a PM from me, with the name and address of the person you will be sending your cross/brat to. 

If you have not received a PM, please let me know ASAP.

Just as a reminder:  This is a voluntary project.  There are 7 Cill members participating.  If you're one of them, please create a Brighid's cross and/or a Brighid's brat to send to your recipient.  Include a note revealing your identity to the recipient.

You may send a cross OR a brat OR both.  You may use any materials you think are appropriate.  (F'ex, the materials for crosses are not limited to rushes or straw.) 

Crosses may be any of the various styles of Brighid's cross.  (For more on the different styles of crosses, check this out: http://brigitssparklingflame.blogspot.com/2007/03/brigets-crosses-biddy-boys.html.)

Brats do not have to be actual cloaks or mantles.  Cheesy  Some kind of representation is fine.

We did not set a spending limit, but everyone should recognize that this is not about money.  The cross/brat you create does not have to cost much -- or anything at all, if you have access to free materials! -- but should be made with love and respect for your Cill-mate.

Try to send it in time for it to arrive before January 31, so the recipient can put it out on Brighid's Eve for blessing (if you're sending a brat) or put it up in his/her house on Brighid's Day (if you're sending a cross).

I think that's everything.  If you have questions, please let me know.

~MI

P.S.  If you requested a candle, I am hoping to get them out in time to reach you by Imbolc.  I'll do my best.

Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:February 05, 2021, 09:36:51 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

« Reply #25: January 14, 2010, 02:09:11 pm »

The Check-In
We periodically like to have all Cill members check in, just to make sure our roster is up to date and all shifts are still covered.

So far we have a pretty empty roster! The members who have checked in are:
  • Moon Ivy
  • Sunflower
  • Finn
  • Juni
  • Mattie
  • Sarah (Figment99)
  • Garnet
  • darashand
  • darkwhisperdale
  • Caroline

If you are not in the above list and still want to keep with us, we really need to you check in! Anyone who hasn't checked in before the 26th (the last day of the current cycle) will be removed from the schedule. (We'll put up a tentative schedule on the 19th, and a final one on the 26th.) You can get another shift at any time, of course, if you are removed, but checking in is a big help, so we don't have to do as much rearranging to be sure all the shifts are being kept.

Thanks, guys!

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama
mandrina
High Adept Member
Last Login:August 13, 2013, 11:51:25 pm

Religion: Reclaiming practice, still trying to identify diety, but have some ideas

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: January 14, 2010, 03:33:32 pm »

So far we have a pretty empty roster! The members who have checked in are:
  • Moon Ivy
  • Sunflower
  • Finn
  • Juni
  • Mattie
  • Sarah (Figment99)
  • Garnet
  • darashand
  • darkwhisperdale
  • Caroline

If you are not in the above list and still want to keep with us, we really need to you check in! Anyone who hasn't checked in before the 26th (the last day of the current cycle) will be removed from the schedule. (We'll put up a tentative schedule on the 19th, and a final one on the 26th.) You can get another shift at any time, of course, if you are removed, but checking in is a big help, so we don't have to do as much rearranging to be sure all the shifts are being kept.

Thanks, guys!

here!

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

every good guy in any of the Star Wars movies.

[url=http://dragcave.net/vi
folksymama
Master Member
Last Login:January 15, 2011, 01:56:10 pm

Religion: Kitchen Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: January 14, 2010, 07:31:00 pm »

Hello, Cill-Mates!

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!

~MI

Hi, I'm still here.  I'm sorry, I totally missed this post!  I'm sad that I missed the mantle/cross/candle stuff!  Next time! Smiley
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #28: January 14, 2010, 07:34:24 pm »

Hi, I'm still here.  I'm sorry, I totally missed this post!  I'm sad that I missed the mantle/cross/candle stuff!  Next time! Smiley

If you're interested in being part of the exchange, I think I can still add you in.  Let me know.   Smiley

If there's anyone else out there who wanted to participate in the exchange, let me know ASAP and I'll try to put you in. 

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #29: January 14, 2010, 08:42:22 pm »

If you're interested in being part of the exchange, I think I can still add you in.  Let me know.   Smiley

If there's anyone else out there who wanted to participate in the exchange, let me know ASAP and I'll try to put you in. 

Yes, I can still add you.  (I checked.)   Smiley

PM or email me your address if you want to participate in the exchange.

Also, let me know if you want a candle.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)