The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 02, 2022, 07:34:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2022, 07:34:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Contacting the elementals.  (Read 3585 times)
JEFFREYKWONDO
Last Login:January 16, 2010, 01:12:03 am
Dominican Republic Dominican Republic

Religion: WICCA

Peace, Love and Light to you all!

Blog entries (0)

http://www.myspace.com/je http://www.facebook.com/s

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 13, 2010, 11:43:41 pm »

I desire to cast spells that I begun with but I lost many of my first Books. I used to open circles with triangles instead of pentagrams. I can not remember what triangle corresponds to which elemental. I know that there are four triangles. Two of them are upside down and the other two are right side up. One upside down triangle has a line through it as well as one right side up triangle. I hope you guys get what I am saying. Well I desire to cast these spells once again but need that important detailed info to pursue my quest. Can anyone please help me. Thank you for reading, Blessed Be! - Jeff !!

Sing with the crying voice within
and approach the person it's Loving.
Your Heart has the imprint
From where the feeling is coming.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm
United States United States

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #1: January 13, 2010, 11:46:49 pm »

I desire to cast spells that I begun with but I lost many of my first Books. I used to open circles with triangles instead of pentagrams. I can not remember what triangle corresponds to which elemental. I know that there are four triangles. Two of them are upside down and the other two are right side up. One upside down triangle has a line through it as well as one right side up triangle. I hope you guys get what I am saying. Well I desire to cast these spells once again but need that important detailed info to pursue my quest. Can anyone please help me. Thank you for reading, Blessed Be! - Jeff !!

http://www.rsc.org/chemsoc/timeline//graphic/0400_eawf2.jpg This close to what you're talking about?

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:June 20, 2022, 04:12:33 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: January 14, 2010, 07:59:48 am »

One nice trick for remembering which elemental symbol goes with which that might help, too (I got this from my herbalism teacher)

Fire: Triangle point up: looks like a flame or bonfire.

Air: Triangle, point up, line through it: the horizon line of sky.

Water: Triangle point down : water droplet

Earth: Triangle point down with line : points into the earth with a horizon line.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #3: January 14, 2010, 10:16:21 am »

One nice trick for remembering which elemental symbol goes with which that might help, too (I got this from my herbalism teacher)

Fire: Triangle point up: looks like a flame or bonfire.

Air: Triangle, point up, line through it: the horizon line of sky.

Water: Triangle point down : water droplet

Earth: Triangle point down with line : points into the earth with a horizon line.

That's a good trick. Always had trouble with the triangles too.  Cheesy

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:June 27, 2022, 03:01:18 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: January 15, 2010, 12:39:51 am »

Oh, thank you!!  I can never remember which is which!  (Well, I remember which are point-up and which are point-down, because I have a lewd mind.)  This will help a lot.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
sparrow125
Master Member
Last Login:July 19, 2011, 06:21:33 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 16, 2010, 07:22:14 pm »

I hope you don't mind if I interject a little question of my own here. What do you do in this kind of circle that you couldn't do in another? Is contacting elementals the same as working with the spirits of the elements? What kind of spells do you do?
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #6: January 17, 2010, 05:42:11 am »

Sorry for repeating, but thanks, I was never able to connect to those abstract symbols.

Does anyone know where they come from exactly? Are they from Quabalah?

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 17, 2010, 06:20:21 am »

Sorry for repeating, but thanks, I was never able to connect to those abstract symbols.

Does anyone know where they come from exactly? Are they from Quabalah?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemical_symbol Wikipedia (I know, I know, but that's the best I can do for you in the ten minutes before I have to hop in the car and get back to school) has the symbols associated with alchemy.

Also, just for laughs: http://www.tee-junction.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/periodic.jpg.

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #8: January 17, 2010, 07:40:08 am »

I thought the triangles where alchemical/western magic too.
And the tee is awesome. Wanna have.  Cheesy

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)