The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 09, 2020, 12:54:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 09, 2020, 12:54:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: As a Pagan, what do you do in everyday life?  (Read 10803 times)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #15: August 16, 2010, 06:27:44 pm »

I am an Odinist, and I meditate most days, as well as go for nature walks at least a few times a week, if not every day. I also participate in environmentalism, do daily offerings for the gods, and do lots of reading on Paganism. I was wondering what other Pagans here do.

• I wake Sekhmet every morning.
  • I offer her "breakfast" every morning.
  • I praise Ra and the barque, Millions-of-Years, for having moved through the night and rising again.
  • I praise Sutekh for having slain the enemies of Ra.

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Ravensong
Last Login:August 24, 2010, 09:25:11 pm

Religion: Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: August 24, 2010, 09:19:33 pm »

Magick is a part of who I am so I hit the floor barefoot , talk to all my plants pray at the drop of a pin . I know who I am so I'm not afraid to talk to whoever talks to me lol .
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:55:04 am by Star, Reason: Removing bolding » Logged

*Link Removed*
Vyktor
Master Member
Last Login:September 09, 2013, 08:48:21 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Gwyddon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: August 29, 2010, 10:01:53 pm »

I was wondering what other Pagans here do.

Well, I am Welsh, Irish and Norwegian. I follow a Welsh belief system but have some very hard leanings towards Nordic outlooks as well. So for a long time I on a daily basis tried to honour my ancestors. Ya know honouring the Vikings on their great quests through the British Isles, then the Welsh and Irish for chasing those filthy barbarians back to thier boats. Then came the wars between the Irish and the Welsh kings and that got crazy. In the end I had all my body fighting with itself over which side should win so I just gave up. Wink Shocked Cheesy

Seriously, I don't really have a daily set bunch of stuff. I talk to the Gods alot, which one depends on what day it is and who I feel I need to talk to. I try to experience Oneness with the All on a daily basis and this works or doesn't - again depends on what is going on and where my head is at. I have two teenagers so somedays its best for me to just do nothing because I am too stressed. When I need I do a personal ritual in the morning and I have had some amazing experiences with that.

Personally I have a huge problem with having set daily rituals. To me it becomes a "going through the motions" type of thing. I never want to have my spiritual nature become that. I saw to many people do that growing up and I saw how they lost sight of the meaning of their faith.

Greengaloup
Senior Newbie
Last Login:October 14, 2010, 11:22:52 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: September 01, 2010, 02:37:37 pm »

. I was wondering what other Pagans here do.
I am balcony gardening almost every day (some time the plants just wants me to leave them alone so I skip a day Wink) I also meditate and read. I do at least a half or hour of reading and a half of hour of music every two days. I meditate the morning. But the more important part is that, as a pagan, every minutes of my life, I take care of myself and of others. Do exercice, eat well and tell others compliments and tell them when they do something wrong so they can grow too. All that is part of my spiritual path.

My spirituality isn't something I do few time daily, it something I am living with. I think that learning to spell english correctly will be part of it soon too  Grin
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #19: September 20, 2010, 02:55:04 pm »

...I was wondering what other Pagans here do.

I wake/greet Sekhmet every morning, pray to my ancestors, and light a candle (sometimes real, sometimes LED) for each.  I'm incorporating other things into my practice, but nothing else is truly daily yet.

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
vegetable
Senior Newbie
Last Login:September 29, 2010, 01:42:23 am
India India

Religion: none (former hindu)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: September 28, 2010, 04:37:28 pm »

...I was wondering what other Pagans here do.
Grew up in a Hindu family, not sure if that qualifies as "pagan", but there wasn't any obligation to pray or worship. You did so when you wanted to. Although typically right after having your morning bath.

I also had this memorized when I was about four or five, I think. So I'd recite it at the household shrine/deity's statue every morning. Did that for a couple of years. I think I can still recite most of it, though I'd probably stumble over two or three verses. Also you don't have to sit at the shrine to recite the hymns (or does that come from my hectic urban upbringing?). I know plenty of people who say their morning prayers while moving about the house taking care of their breakfast or whatever.
My father had some other hymn memorized and he'd also chant some mantra (holy phrase) while counting prayer beads. Mother still does a "puja" (worship ritual that includes prayer, devotional songs, food offerings, etc.) every morning.
Some people visit their local temple every morning, some just use the shrine in their home. Garlands/floral offerings/edible offerings may be involved.

That's the prayer/worship/devotional part. It's not obligatory, but that's how you express your devotion to god(s) in everyday life. The rituals, prayers, food etc. get more elaborate on festival days.
alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #21: September 28, 2010, 09:16:36 pm »

I am an Odinist, and I meditate most days, as well as go for nature walks at least a few times a week, if not every day. I also participate in environmentalism, do daily offerings for the gods, and do lots of reading on Paganism. I was wondering what other Pagans here do.

I've been getting myself into the habit of saying daily prayers, usually around the lines of "Please help me bring honor to the gods (if possible for me to do), my loved ones, and myself." And usually some other stuff is added after that. Other than that I make offerings at least once a week to a few Gods and Goddesses. What can I say? It doesn't hurt to have "friends" in high places.  Wink

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548
Issa Wyndsong
Last Login:October 11, 2010, 07:22:39 pm

Religion: Naturian

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: October 11, 2010, 06:40:17 pm »

I meditate upon waking up and before going to bed each day. I thank the Divine for what I have and the people in my life. I also do my part in saving the Earth for future generations.
knitsy
Journeyman
Last Login:January 12, 2012, 09:51:08 am

Religion: I am Me.

Stonky Bonk.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: October 13, 2010, 01:31:13 am »

For my altar, I keep it tidy, adjust the element offerings according to the seasons, and sew new altar cloths for variety. I usually light a stick of incense when I come home from work at night in thanks for another day. I'll meditate at work when I'm shelving books, or when I'm knitting. I'm still developing routines, though! They change frequently with me.

I ring a little bell after I pray! There's one!

...Maude?

[Warning: Fool]
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #24: October 13, 2010, 01:47:09 am »

I ring a little bell after I pray!

Is there any particular significance to ringing the bell?  I know bells are used in many different ways, so I'm wondering how you're using it.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
knitsy
Journeyman
Last Login:January 12, 2012, 09:51:08 am

Religion: I am Me.

Stonky Bonk.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: October 13, 2010, 11:56:18 pm »

Is there any particular significance to ringing the bell?  I know bells are used in many different ways, so I'm wondering how you're using it.

My three bells are little dangly Tibetan bells suspended from an Ohm symbol. This hangs over my altar, and I always ring them as a way to invite awareness and Divine [and Divine awareness] to and around myself and my working space. I also ring it after I say a prayer, mantra, or blessing, before I read Tarot, and after a ceremony to dispel. I really would like to get a strong, proud hand bell to ring as an invocation bell, but these do the trick and look neat to boot!

...Maude?

[Warning: Fool]
savatage
Journeyman
Last Login:February 25, 2015, 02:18:02 am
Australia Australia

Religion: working on it

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: October 14, 2010, 01:47:38 pm »

I wake/greet Sekhmet every morning, pray to my ancestors, and light a candle (sometimes real, sometimes LED) for each.  I'm incorporating other things into my practice, but nothing else is truly daily yet.

I don't really have anything daily yet either, in all honesty i always seem at a loss.
I have a garden i maintain and i regularly grow plants from seed(most recently 18 basil plants and about 20 oregano) and for me thats the most regular thing i do these days...its a bit depressing
Thevail
Senior Newbie
Last Login:December 18, 2010, 12:48:53 am

Religion: spiritual :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: December 06, 2010, 04:38:20 am »

Every day I thank the universe for the lessons and the blessings I'll encounter today, and ask for help to understand both.
Mata
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 06, 2011, 03:12:31 pm

Religion: Still figuring that out.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: December 08, 2010, 11:04:15 pm »

I try to meditate at least once a day, I offer some prayers to the gods (I don't have a particular pantheon or deity just yet, so I just offer them to the gods in general). And I try to be as self sufficient as I can, because I view it as a spiritual obligation to be a pillar of strength for others, and that extends to my environment, I do not take or use what I do not need. That also leads to me keeping a garden filled with various flowers, veggies and herbs (some obscure sacred ones too, which I adore growing).

But with that said, I do wish to incorporate some more structured practices into my life. So hopefully I can find some inspiration and ideas for that. Smiley
Mst
Last Login:November 02, 2012, 01:33:33 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #29: December 15, 2010, 07:17:43 am »

I try to meditate daily before work while I am alert and feeling empty before the day ahead. I think about what was offered the day before and did I use what guidence I was given in the right way.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)