The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 19, 2020, 02:48:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2020, 02:48:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Roll Call/Introductions  (Read 23952 times)
Anthos
Last Login:July 01, 2011, 04:19:22 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #45: June 30, 2011, 04:31:14 am »

I was interested in Paganism for a while, feeling a pull towards the Northern Traditions in particular.  I eventually decided to search for the gods that were watching over me, while looking I assumed that I'd find a shy god so I was very surprised when it ended up being Loki  Cheesy .

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm
United States United States

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #46: June 30, 2011, 07:56:50 am »

I was interested in Paganism for a while, feeling a pull towards the Northern Traditions in particular.  I eventually decided to search for the gods that were watching over me, while looking I assumed that I'd find a shy god so I was very surprised when it ended up being Loki  Cheesy .

Is anyone not surprised by Loki? Grin

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #47: June 30, 2011, 06:17:53 pm »

Welcome to TC and to the SIG!!! We had a thread on Loki recently; check it out. Smiley

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
Waterfall
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 04:52:42 am

Religion: Lokean

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #48: June 30, 2011, 08:12:23 pm »

Is anyone not surprised by Loki? Grin

Not anymore!
Eyesinthedark
Senior Newbie
Last Login:September 15, 2011, 07:44:58 am
Australia Australia

Religion: heathen

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #49: July 04, 2011, 12:27:10 pm »

I saw something like this on some of the other SIGs and thought it might be a good idea to get to know some of the other TC members particularly interested in Asatru or other Heathen paths.

My family was never very religious, but I was always drawn to the idea of old gods and magic. I fell into wicca through a friend of a friend at about the age of 12, but never really felt it fit. The deities had no shape, they were too huge for me to feel the personalities I'd always seen in the myths I'd read, so I kept looking, and through wicca and the internet I began to discover the existence of paganism.

I felt I brushed something larger than myself during a ritual at one point, something that felt to me "godlike" so I spent a while trying to find out "who" it might have been. I suppose because of the influence of the research on wicca I'd done I only really considered the Celtic gods at first, and it must have been a year or more before I came across some story of the norse gods on the 'net, and instantly thought, "it was Loki" (yup, I'm another one!!).
Felt monumentally stupid for not "getting it" sooner, actually, given that I'd sympathised with him ever since I'd read norse myths as a kid (I was a bit of a weirdo/misfit myself). My understanding of him has progressed a fair bit beyond that now (he's certainly not just "the misunderstood but basically good larrikin prankster!"), but I find him to be complicated, more than anything else.

I'm interested in the other gods, particularly Odin, Skadhi and Thor, but it's mostly an academic interest, for now at least (to be honest I'm a little intimidated, especially by Odin and Skadhi!).
  I'm a bit of an eclectic at heart I think, so I wouldn't call myself Asatru, but the norse gods are who I feel closest to, so I guess "heathen" will do.
Eyesinthedark
Senior Newbie
Last Login:September 15, 2011, 07:44:58 am
Australia Australia

Religion: heathen

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #50: July 04, 2011, 08:47:28 pm »

so I guess "heathen" will do.

Actually, reading through this sig, "norse pagan" is better. apologies for the double-post!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)