The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 18, 2022, 04:42:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2022, 04:42:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Connecting your Craft to your deities...  (Read 2172 times)
Raevyn
Senior Newbie
Last Login:May 20, 2007, 10:40:21 pm
United States United States

Religion: Witch (Wiccan)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 17, 2007, 08:48:46 am »

I was just thinking when I woke up this morning, in my previous post about magickal tools...

If you happen to have a specific deity that is your Patron/Matron Deity... and you're connected with them in your Craft, is it ok to customize your Craft to connect even more powerfully with your Deity?

For such, my Matron Deity is Hecate, so could I use the regular kitchen knife, a key, a grimoire, and some other tools along with the basics to enhance my magick and Craft?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #1: May 17, 2007, 12:08:11 pm »

I was just thinking when I woke up this morning, in my previous post about magickal tools...

If you happen to have a specific deity that is your Patron/Matron Deity... and you're connected with them in your Craft, is it ok to customize your Craft to connect even more powerfully with your Deity?
I'd say, whyever not? But then I'm probably biased lol

For such, my Matron Deity is Hecate, so could I use the regular kitchen knife, a key, a grimoire, and some other tools along with the basics to enhance my magick and Craft?

My personal opinion, use whatever you feel is appropriate, taking ideas from available information about her, or from your own Personal Gnosis - I have a feeling She's one who would let you know if you were using something she didn't like or didn't want you to use.

Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm
United States United States

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: May 17, 2007, 08:17:02 pm »

From over here, absolutely.

There are some things to think about. It's useful to think about how you might include other people, or make those tools make sense to other people, if you ever intend to work with others (even if not for a while.) It's definitely useful to think about what makes a tool a tool, versus something else.

For example, M'Lady (the goddess I work with personally: that's how I refer to her in public) is very associated with water. One of the things that lives on my altar is a shallow bowl that I drink from for morning devotions (rather than a chalice, which would hold a lot more water.) That's a tool.

I have jewelry dedicated to her - that is more of a portable shrine, or way to maintain contact during my day (I don't wear it all the time.) That's not so much a tool, because I'm not using it in the same way I do that shallow bowl, or a chalice, or whatever. I've got some other comments for the tools thread you started, though.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)