The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 17, 2021, 09:46:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2021, 09:46:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Asatru web/podcast  (Read 6079 times)
bobthesane
Lone Sysadmin of the Apocalypse
Administrator
Master Member
Last Login:November 02, 2011, 06:30:06 pm
United States United States

Religion: Asatru

Love the Linux. Fear the drunken penguin.

Blog entries (2)

« Topic Start: February 01, 2010, 06:32:07 am »

Myself and two others are starting a new heathen/Asatru webcast beginning Sunday Feb. 7 at 1pm EDT. We will have book reviews, interviews with authors and other personages of note, band interviews/reviews, and whatever else we can think of to squeeze into an hour block of airtime.

Come check us out!

http://www.ravenradio.info/

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: February 01, 2010, 08:01:38 am »

Myself and two others are starting a new heathen/Asatru webcast beginning Sunday Feb. 7 at 1pm EDT.

Good luck with it, Bob.  I've posted this message to the news area of the main page to let more people know about it.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
bobthesane
Administrator
Master Member

Blog entries (2)

« Reply #2: February 01, 2010, 08:46:57 am »

Good luck with it, Bob.  I've posted this message to the news area of the main page to let more people know about it.

Thanks! I appreciate it! And we are always going to be looking for new subject matter, so if people want to suggest show ideas, email them to raven@ravenradio.info

Maythe
Master Member
Last Login:August 12, 2011, 02:15:02 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Heathen

Previously known as Impqueen

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: February 01, 2010, 01:28:44 pm »

Myself and two others are starting a new heathen/Asatru webcast beginning Sunday Feb. 7 at 1pm EDT. We will have book reviews, interviews with authors and other personages of note, band interviews/reviews, and whatever else we can think of to squeeze into an hour block of airtime.

Come check us out!

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to it!

"I have in this War a burning private grudge - which would probably make me a better soldier at 49 than I was at 22: against that ruddy little ignoramus Adolf Hitler... Ruining, perverting, misapplying, and making for ever accursed, that noble northern spirit, a supreme contribution to Europe, which I have ever loved, and tried to present in its true light." J.R.R. Tolkein

My new blog: Maytheweed's Words

I'm on Ravelry as a newbie knitter - PM me if you want to friend me Wink
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: February 01, 2010, 07:04:11 pm »

Come check us out!

That's awesome! Thanks for the heads up, and good luck!

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
Casey
Master Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:30:47 am

Grab a beer and celebrate day!

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #5: February 01, 2010, 11:31:09 pm »

Come check us out!

Looking forward to hearing it!!

Jane C
Apprentice
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 02:55:26 am

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: February 03, 2010, 12:33:25 am »

Come check us out!

I'm looking forward to this.

"ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.earth -- reboot universe? (Y/N)"
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: February 09, 2010, 09:01:15 pm »

Come check us out!

Just listened to the first episode. Awesome! Smiley Good debate, good topics. And the live chat thing is immensely cool; I'll have to try to listen live next time.

And P.S. Your intro is hilarious!

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
Casey
Master Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:30:47 am

Grab a beer and celebrate day!

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #8: February 11, 2010, 12:18:07 pm »

Come check us out!

Two Thumbs Up!  Plan on listening live next time. 

Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: February 15, 2010, 11:05:57 pm »

Come check us out!

Just finished listening to the first two, and really enjoyed them. I'll have to try and listen live next weekend... if I get my homework done, lol! Wink

Good job to all of you.

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
bobthesane
Administrator
Master Member

Blog entries (2)

« Reply #10: February 16, 2010, 05:55:21 pm »

Just finished listening to the first two, and really enjoyed them. I'll have to try and listen live next weekend... if I get my homework done, lol! Wink

Good job to all of you.

I am very glad you all enjoyed them! We are always looking for ways to improve the show, and of course topic suggestions are hugely appreciated, so if you have any ideas please don't hesitate to send them my way.

Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: February 16, 2010, 08:16:24 pm »

I am very glad you all enjoyed them! We are always looking for ways to improve the show, and of course topic suggestions are hugely appreciated, so if you have any ideas please don't hesitate to send them my way.

I've been lurking on AL for about six months, and signed up (under a different name) right after your spam attack to finish some searching. I'm going through old threads atm, but if I think of something I'll let ya know. Doubt I'll post much, cause some of those guys are scary!  Shocked Wink (Haven't even made an intro post yet....)

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #12: February 16, 2010, 08:44:13 pm »

I've been lurking on AL for about six months, and signed up (under a different name) right after your spam attack to finish some searching. I'm going through old threads atm, but if I think of something I'll let ya know. Doubt I'll post much, cause some of those guys are scary!  Shocked Wink (Haven't even made an intro post yet....)

Lol, it's that scariness that keeps me on that forum! I have my same all purpose forum name, which is used even in comic book forums, so it's easy to spot me. It avoids confusion, but makes the crucifixions more personal. And yet, the occasional crucifixion I find to be healthy!  Cheesy

Btw Bob, you're doing a great job with AL! Keep laying the foot down on the troll!

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548
Osprey
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 07, 2011, 03:17:13 pm

Religion: becoming heathen

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: February 16, 2010, 11:02:02 pm »

Come check us out!

I'm listening to the first episode right now, and I thought I heard a reference to Indy and a nasty snowstorm. Is this Indy as in Indianapolis, Indiana?
bobthesane
Administrator
Master Member

Blog entries (2)

« Reply #14: February 22, 2010, 10:05:18 am »

I'm listening to the first episode right now, and I thought I heard a reference to Indy and a nasty snowstorm. Is this Indy as in Indianapolis, Indiana?

Yes Osprey, I am in Indy (originally from Albuquerque)

And to those who think AL is scary... well, it is. That's both good and bad. I have been taking members to task for being TOO over the top with the noob bashing, and it seems to have had an effect. I am seeing a LOT more patience with 'dumb' questions, and thus, more noobies asking their questions. Of course, the old mantra 'Use the Search' is always in effect, as many of the questions people ask have already been discussed ad nauseum over AL's 8 year run thus far, and a lot of us are tired of rehashing them Smiley

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)