The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 23, 2020, 03:20:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2020, 03:20:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Protection & Reversal Magick: A Witch's Defense Manual  (Read 5443 times) Average Rating: 0
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:June 23, 2020, 07:47:48 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: February 15, 2010, 05:36:45 pm »

Title: Protection & Reversal Magick: A Witch's Defense Manual
Author(s): Jason Miller
Publisher: New Page Books
Publication Date: June 30, 2006
ISBN: 1564148793
ISBN-13: 978-1564148797
Current Price and More Info from Amazon

Description:
You could be the target of a spell or a curse and not even know it! Powerful, invisible spirits may be threatening your health, relationships, or job. With Protection & Reversal Magick, you can fight back - and win the battle.

Psychic, magickal, and spiritual attacks happen more often than even most Witches and Magicians realize. The circumstances of attack vary but include: "crossed conditions" brought on by visiting disturbed or haunted places, aggression from spirits in retribution for human actions like pollution, experimental magick gone wrong, accidental attacks by psychics, and intentional curses by Witches and Magicians.

All people, Witches or not, are susceptible to these attacks. The difference: Witches and Magicians can do something about it. Now you can too.

Protection & Reversal Magick is a complete how-to manual on preventing, defending, and reversing magickal attacks of any kind. You will learn to:

* Recognize the signs and the source of an attack
* Set up early warning systems
* Appease angry spirits through offerings
* Perform daily banishings and make amulets that will prevent most attacks
* Make magickal "decoys" to absorb attacks against you
* Summon guardian spirits or gods for help
* Reverse curses and other attacks back upon their sender
* Bind, confuse, or expel a persistent enemy that will not leave you be.

These techniques aren't just for Wiccans, either, but for Ceremonial Magicians, Rootdoctors, Witches, and anyone else that puts Magick to a practical use.

Like the Cunning Men and Women of old, with Protection & Reversal Magick, you will be able to defend against even the strongest attacks, either for yourself or for others.

Special Notes:
none

Legal Notes: Some description text and item pictures in this post may come from Amazon.com and are used by permission. The Cauldron is an Amazon Affiliate and purchases made through the Amazon links in this message help support The Cauldron.

Discussion and reviews of this book are welcome in this thread. If you've read the book, please tell us what you think of it and why.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 11, 2010, 09:32:09 am »

Since I'm looking for a good handbook about protective magic I'd love to see some opinions on this one from you Cauldronites. Come on guys and gals...

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:June 23, 2020, 07:47:48 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: April 11, 2010, 05:22:59 pm »

Since I'm looking for a good handbook about protective magic I'd love to see some opinions on this one from you Cauldronites. Come on guys and gals...

I haven't seen the book, but the fact that it covers making  'magickal "decoys" to absorb attacks against you' is a point in its favor. That's a technique I don't see mentioned much.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Nimue
Master Member
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 10:31:43 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: July 09, 2010, 06:14:24 am »

Title: Protection & Reversal Magick: A Witch's Defense Manual
Author(s): Jason Miller
Publisher: New Page Books
Publication Date: June 30, 2006
ISBN: 1564148793
ISBN-13: 978-1564148797
Current Price and More Info from Amazon

I liked this one.  I'm not very strong at shielding without it draining me, so this book gave me an idea that has served me well for years: an astral double.  I took the decoy idea and make it a bit more...real.  Plus it has some handy spells that I have had work well for me, with not too much adaptation.
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:August 04, 2020, 12:00:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: July 10, 2010, 10:45:22 am »

It looks like Amazon.de doesn't have it*, so I don't know if it'll work out this way for you (extra costs for shipping farther, exchange rates, etc), but it's quite inexpensive - between what Randall and Nimue have said, and the info available on the US Amazon site (f'ex, the other books it cites as references - some respectable stuff there), it sounds like it'd be worth a gamble.  Possibly not a "skip lunches for a couple of days" kind of gamble, but an "I have a little extra money to buy a book with, what shall I pick?" kind of gamble.

*Though I learned something:  while the tabs at the top of the Cauldron Amazon link are only for the US, Canada, and UK Amazon divisions, if you use the country links at the bottom of the page, it takes you to Amazon.de while still showing TC's "Amazon Browser" header.  I think that means you can order from Amazon.de while still supporting TC through the affiliate program.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)