The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 04, 2020, 10:06:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 04, 2020, 10:06:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sixth Bout of Flu in a Year...  (Read 1849 times)
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm
United States United States

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 18, 2010, 03:43:49 am »

I don't usually do this but I'm holed up in bed with my sixth bout of flu in a little over a year and I'm pretty much completely out of energy. I'm also getting rather worried about the possibility of an underlying issue with my health as I never got sick up until these flu cycles started last winter.

I'd really appreciate some thoughts to the effect of kicking this darn bug and not getting another one.

Any practical ideas on what in hell could be causing my immune system to retire prematurely would also be greatly appreciated. I can't afford a visit to the doctor at the mo so it's a self-diagnose, self-treat situation until I can get myself to the wonders of free UK medical care this summer.

Okay, I'm just gonna crawl back under a pillow now...

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #1: February 18, 2010, 12:07:41 pm »

I don't usually do this but I'm holed up in bed with my sixth bout of flu in a little over a year and I'm pretty much completely out of energy. I'm also getting rather worried about the possibility of an underlying issue with my health as I never got sick up until these flu cycles started last winter.

I'd really appreciate some thoughts to the effect of kicking this darn bug and not getting another one.

Any practical ideas on what in hell could be causing my immune system to retire prematurely would also be greatly appreciated. I can't afford a visit to the doctor at the mo so it's a self-diagnose, self-treat situation until I can get myself to the wonders of free UK medical care this summer.

Okay, I'm just gonna crawl back under a pillow now...

I'll send you some healing over, but I can't tell you how to get rid of flu-if I knew, I'd be using it myself!

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #2: February 18, 2010, 12:09:33 pm »

You're in my prayers!

Stress and your surrounding environment can definitely impact your immune system. I don't know what your situation at home is, but if there's anything you can do to minimize stress, it would be in your best interest health wise. That, and exercise will help keep your immune system healthy.

That's all I've got for the moment. Best wishes!

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: February 18, 2010, 04:52:32 pm »

Not a doctor, but you might be diabetic.  Flu like symptoms that don't go away is usually a sign of something else.  Try going to a clinic or a health department, they may be able to help you with your financial situation.

Feel better soon (((Kasmira)))

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: February 19, 2010, 04:02:15 am »

Thanks everyone. This particular bout seems to be beginning to clear up (just as well, I've been in bed for 4 days). I'm gonna try and get myself to some sort of a clinic once I'm well enough to hang myself off the side of one of the buses here again...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 04:05:23 am by Kasmira » Logged

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: February 19, 2010, 12:43:39 pm »

Thanks everyone. This particular bout seems to be beginning to clear up (just as well, I've been in bed for 4 days). I'm gonna try and get myself to some sort of a clinic once I'm well enough to hang myself off the side of one of the buses here again...

((((Kasmira)))) I'm glad you're getting better. Please do try to get thee to a doctor soon!

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)