The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 28, 2020, 04:31:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 28, 2020, 04:31:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Just started Chakra meditation practice - some questions  (Read 2548 times)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 19, 2010, 08:39:17 am »

So Iíve tried out some guided meditations and musical stuff from several CDs. I feel very well with two different CDs, although I canít follow all things said, but I can also just listen to the music. Itís also good for calming down when I canít sleep.

However I feel a bit uncomfy about the solar plexus chakra and thatís the same regardless which CD I use. I kind of just donít like it activated too much. Donít know why, but I wonder if it would be good to just skip it and go from sacral chakra directly to heart chakra.

Other, but just slightly uncomfy spots are the throat and crown chakra. The one I feel best with meditating on is the sacral chakra, but root and heart chakra feel also very healing for me when I meditate on them.

I like going through them bottom-top, that seems to be easier for me than just concentrating on only one chakra, but itís also kinda senseless when a few out of the 7 feel uncomfy in the meditationÖand I donít know if itís a sign for Ďkeep goingí or Ďwait with that oneí.

I wonder if my uncomfy feeling might be there because some chakras repress others and in order to restore harmony I need to concentrate on the weak ones. Or maybe some blockages can't be solved directly and I need to start somewhere else first.  Huh

Any experience with something like this? Any suggestions from people with experiences in chakra work?

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

green witch
Senior Newbie
Last Login:February 22, 2010, 12:05:49 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: February 22, 2010, 12:05:49 pm »

So Iíve tried out some guided meditations and musical stuff from several CDs. I feel very well with two different CDs, although I canít follow all things said, but I can also just listen to the music. Itís also good for calming down when I canít sleep.
However I feel a bit uncomfy about the solar plexus chakra and thatís the same regardless which CD I use. I kind of just donít like it activated too much. Donít know why, but I wonder if it would be good to just skip it and go from sacral chakra directly to heart chakra.
I like going through them bottom-top, that seems to be easier for me than just concentrating on only one chakra, but itís also kinda senseless when a few out of the 7 feel uncomfy in the meditationÖand I donít know if itís a sign for Ďkeep goingí or Ďwait with that oneí.I wonder if my uncomfy feeling might be there because some chakras repress others and in order to restore harmony I need to concentrate on the weak ones. Or maybe some blockages can't be solved directly and I need to start somewhere else first.  Huh

Merry Meet!  I have worked with chakras for a while.. mostly on myself, but.. I know enough to suggest perhaps there may be a blockage or something that is making those particular spots uncomfortable for you.. you should address those, rather than leave them be... once all are clear, the meditations always improve and become easier and more pleasant Smiley

I have a friend who works a LOT with chakras ... I took another friend to go see his shop last week.. he looks at her, picks up a very ornate crystal wand.. asked if he could do something for her.. she said yes.. he placed the tip of the wand at her throat.. and twisted it (like screwing it in or something) and his breath and face got 'funny'. he suddenly pulls the wand away, and all three of us almost hit the floor.. she was dizzy for a few seconds.. he was out of breathe hehe I was just amazed Smiley and after that.. she was calm and smiling the rest of the day!  (right before we got there, i had taken her to a crystal shop where she had never been and she got 'hit' severely with all the energies and beings there.. hehe fun, but taxing to say the least!.. plus, her 4yr old was with us and getting bored,/nuts hehe she had HAD it pretty much by the time we got to this shop...)

....try meditating on each chakra individually.. maybe you can find/clear the 'block' (I'm sensing that's what it is.. <shrug>...) and get your energy paths moving properly again

.. just my two cents, but I got the impression of blckages rather strongly and quickly, so.. figured I'd pass this along Smiley

BB!  )0(
Green Witch 

"If you have a problem, and there is a solution.. then don't worry......  If you have a problem and there is NO solution..... then don't worry"  - Buddah

"of course I'm odd mom.. 15 is an odd number!" - my daughter Wink
Elisabette
Master Member
Last Login:December 11, 2010, 06:22:49 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Animist pagan
TCN ID: Elisabette

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: February 22, 2010, 09:13:10 pm »

I like going through them bottom-top, that seems to be easier for me than just concentrating on only one chakra, but itís also kinda senseless when a few out of the 7 feel uncomfy in the meditationÖand I donít know if itís a sign for Ďkeep goingí or Ďwait with that oneí.

I prefer to go through them in that order as well, and I sometimes find the throat to feel a bit uncomfortable.  I try to hold the activation for a least a little while but not as long as the others.  I've only ever done very simple colour meditations, and I haven't done them in a while, but I remember that when I meditated more regularly the "uncomfy" sensation got better with time. 

I know some people like to use stones or oils to help activate and clear chakras.  Maybe using these on the troublesome points would be helpful? 

Betty
helend
Last Login:March 04, 2010, 08:26:48 pm
Australia Australia

Religion: spiritual

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 04, 2010, 08:19:00 pm »

Other, but just slightly uncomfy spots are the throat and crown chakra. The one I feel best with meditating on is the sacral chakra, but root and heart chakra feel also very healing for me when I meditate on them.

I wonder if my uncomfy feeling might be there because some chakras repress others and in order to restore harmony I need to concentrate on the weak ones. Or maybe some blockages can't be solved directly and I need to start somewhere else first.  Huh

Any experience with something like this? Any suggestions from people with experiences in chakra work?
Hi, I just saw your querie and wanted to help. If you feel discomfort at any chakra i is because there is a blockage there. Allow the energy to flow into and around that chakra and breathe through it. You wont have total alignment until the blockage is moved. It is important not to ignore each chakra as they play an important part in our total well-being. Just take you time working on it and be gentle with yourself. As you are doing the meditation focus on your breathing as you move that particular chakra and you will gently release. Hope this helps. Love & blessings Helen

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)