The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 26, 2022, 11:22:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2022, 11:22:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Password glitch?  (Read 6855 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: March 04, 2007, 12:26:26 pm »

Randall,

Just FYI...  Every time I log in using the autofill function, it tells me my password is incorrect.

I've tried retyping the password in manually several times and resaving it.  But the same thing happens the next time I log in.

It's not really a problem.  I can type my password in.

I just thought you might want to know.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Egalas
Journeyman
Last Login:September 11, 2011, 02:34:10 pm

Religion: More of a Spiritual being then Religious

Ignorant people shouldn't breed!

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 04, 2007, 12:28:44 pm »

I haven't had any issues with it.  Have you tried to use the clear passwords and forms feature in IE (assuming you are using IE.)?  I know first hand that it can be a PITA but it may just solve the issue.

---===<<< 0 >>>===---
"Perception is the key to unlocking the power of the subconscious mind…"
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: March 04, 2007, 12:33:20 pm »

I haven't had any issues with it.  Have you tried to use the clear passwords and forms feature in IE (assuming you are using IE.)?  I know first hand that it can be a PITA but it may just solve the issue.

Hmmmm.  No, I hadn't tried that.  I just looked for that option and couldn't find it.  I'm running the brand new vista business OS, and things are a little...different.

I'll spend some more quality time with it.

Thanks.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: March 04, 2007, 12:55:47 pm »

Moon Ivy,

Just FYI...  Every time I log in using the autofill function, it tells me my password is incorrect.

I've tried retyping the password in manually several times and resaving it.  But the same thing happens the next time I log in.

It works fine on Firefox and Opera on Windows XP and on Kubuntu.  I suspect this is a browser issue on your end (or an OS issue as you have moved to Vista -- Vista is picky about where things are stored). Either way, there's nothing I can do. Sad

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 04, 2007, 12:59:43 pm »

I've you tried "always stay logged in"? I do that...I just hope that I can remember my password if I ever get logged out lol.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: March 04, 2007, 01:05:59 pm »

I suspect this is a browser issue on your end (or an OS issue as you have moved to Vista -- Vista is picky about where things are stored).

Yeah, I thought it might be yet another vista thing.  At least this one is pretty minor.  I just learned that, when using the new Word, you have to save docs in "compatibility mode" in order for older versions of Word to open them.  Sigh.  What a PITA.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: March 04, 2007, 01:06:30 pm »

I've you tried "always stay logged in"? I do that...I just hope that I can remember my password if I ever get logged out lol.

I'll try that.  Thanks.

Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 04, 2007, 01:08:48 pm »

Your welcome. Wow I just realized I typed "I've you tried".

I really can't type today to save my life. I just noticed an extra space in my signature too.

Egalas
Journeyman

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #8: March 04, 2007, 04:02:52 pm »

I just looked for that option and couldn't find it

If I am not mistaken, it should be located on the General tab.  Delete button, and choose form data, and passwords.  If you have Vista then you should have the newest version of IE and that is where it is located now.  Just a thought anyway.

---===<<< 0 >>>===---
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: March 04, 2007, 07:04:04 pm »

If I am not mistaken, it should be located on the General tab.  Delete button, and choose form data, and passwords.  If you have Vista then you should have the newest version of IE and that is where it is located now.  Just a thought anyway.

Found it and tried it.  I'll let you know if it works.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: March 04, 2007, 07:06:29 pm »

Found it and tried it.  I'll let you know if it works.

And...nope.

I deleted passwords, logged out of here, logged back in and entered my password, logged out, and tried to log back in.  Got "Incorrect Password" again. 

However, checking "always logged in" or whatever that was does seem to work.

I'm chalking it up to Vista.

sailor_tech
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 04:43:27 pm

Religion: Jewish

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: March 04, 2007, 09:30:12 pm »

Hmmmm.  No, I hadn't tried that.  I just looked for that option and couldn't find it.  I'm running the brand new vista business OS, and things are a little...different.

I'll spend some more quality time with it.

Thanks.

Ah, you too. 

I'm not having trouble here, but am with other sites. I think it's an IE 7 issue though. I've been having trouble keeping signed in other places, especially Yahoo.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: March 04, 2007, 09:46:42 pm »

Ah, you too. 

I'm not having trouble here, but am with other sites. I think it's an IE 7 issue though. I've been having trouble keeping signed in other places, especially Yahoo.

So far, this is the only site I'm having this issue with.  But checking "always logged in" or whatever that was seems to have solved the problem.

Egalas
Journeyman

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #13: March 05, 2007, 07:23:59 am »

when you deleted the passwords and then went to the form again, did it show *s when you typed in your name again?  If so then it didn't delete them all and there has to be another place to do it.

Another thing would be if you have a password manager on the system that is storing your passwords for you.  Like Norton has one, and a few other programs.  The two may not work together and that coudl be what the issue is.

---===<<< 0 >>>===---
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: March 05, 2007, 11:16:40 am »

when you deleted the passwords and then went to the form again, did it show *s when you typed in your name again?  If so then it didn't delete them all and there has to be another place to do it.

No, it was blank.  I typed it in and IE asked if I wanted it to remember (just like the first time).  I said yes and continued to log in.  Then I logged out again.  Then I logged back in to see if it would remember correctly, and it didnt.

Oh, well.

At least Vista is pretty. Roll Eyes

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.