The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 20, 2020, 03:42:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2020, 03:42:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ostara fest plans! (especially Asatru/Heathen)  (Read 15584 times)
UlsterYank
Master Member
Last Login:January 21, 2013, 02:18:03 pm
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Religion: Traidisiúnachais Gaelach, Witchcraft, Thelema
TCN ID: UlsterYank

Déan mar is Toil leat, a bheas mar iomlán an Dlí

Blog entries (0)

anmericeanach

Ignore
« Reply #30: March 17, 2010, 02:02:29 am »

Even if it's a "general response," you should still quote. Just quote the original post. Thanks!

Also, this doesn't seem like a general response at all, but it sounds as though you're replying to Star's post about which religions celebrate Ostara.
Actually I saw it mentioned a few times when I skimmed through here last night, so I just though I'd elaborate on the topic,  Wink but I'll keep it in mind to be more specific in the future.   

"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains" AL II:9

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #31: March 17, 2010, 05:54:04 am »

Even if it's a "general response," you should still quote. Just quote the original post. Thanks!

(Jumping off here rather than meaning to address you personally.)

To clarify a little more:  The rules do allow for "general responses" to be unquoted, but what we mean when we say that is usually, like, a "thanks, everyone" or something like that.  (The quoting guidelines get into more specifics.)  If the response was prompted by a specific idea put forth in the thread, then it needs to be quoted.  If several people have said similar things, quote one of them--maybe one is slightly more relevant, or one kicked off the sub-thread, or maybe you even choose one at random, but there is a specific idea you're responding to, so it does need to be quoted.

As a side note, and a general reply of my own, thanks to everyone who straightened me out on Ostara.  That's one of those things where I probably should have known that, but it just hadn't really clicked.  Smiley

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #32: March 19, 2010, 06:37:44 am »

Happy Ostara everyone!  Cheesy

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: March 19, 2010, 01:42:36 pm »

Happy Ostara everyone!  Cheesy

Happy Ostara!!! Cheesy
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #34: March 20, 2010, 04:22:33 am »

Happy Ostara!!! Cheesy

Happy Ostara! Have a good time........ Cool

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #35: March 20, 2010, 07:54:43 pm »

Happy Ostara! Have a good time........ Cool
Happy Ostara! It was a BEAUTIFUL day here in PA. Cheesy

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #36: March 20, 2010, 09:50:05 pm »

Happy Ostara! It was a BEAUTIFUL day here in PA. Cheesy

Hah! It was a SUCKY day in Chicago! IT SNOWED!

Yesterday was amazing though! Sunny, partly cloudy, up to the mid 60s. Glad I mistakenly posted yesterday! Cheesy

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.