The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 23, 2019, 10:43:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2019, 10:43:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: OCD Habits  (Read 6327 times)
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am
United States United States

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #15: July 15, 2010, 07:36:45 pm »

So, what are your little OCD moments?

Little?  Mmmm... 

Throw pillows.  If they aren't arranged in the pattern that I've come up with, no matter how clean the room may actually be, it looks like a mess to me. 

I windex counters about 4-5x a day.  I progressively clean while cooking.  Sweep the floor at least twice a day cause I hate the little bits or crumbs sticking to my feet.

Freezer and spice cabinet organization are beyond important.  Raw frozens have to go at the bottom of the freezer in case they drip.  I have bins in my spice cabinet and I line up spices by size and type.

I also use both drawer liners and fridge drawer liners.

Zip lock bags make me feel wealthy.  Everything food that's open gets it's own packaging rolled and then the entire contraption put in a ziplock.

Kids clothes like socks also get put in large zip lock bags.

My makeup has it's own ziplocks inside gift wrapped shoeboxes lined with tissue paper in layers.  Same for hair stuff and accessories.

Then I have this whole basket fetish that basically goes one cannot have too many.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

stony
Journeyman
Last Login:January 22, 2012, 08:27:21 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: July 15, 2010, 08:02:44 pm »

Does either you or your SO have a habit or quirk that is almost OCD and either drives you completely nuts or has you rolling on the floor laughing?

For example- I have a habit when people buy me Skittles (yes, I do mean the sweets) that my hubby and my daughter find hysterically funny. I have to sort them out into the correct colour groups and then eat them in a certain order. I can't eat them if I don't. I know, it's completely irrational and more than a little stupid, but I just can't help it. Noel will occasionally really get me annoyed by mixing them all up again when I'm not looking. It drives me crazy and he knows it! Tongue

this might be more boredom than OCD, but I find myself counting letters on posters and signs. Even counting the quotation marks, commas,etc...

Though my mind may wander it always comes back.
Therefore i need a better hiding place.
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #17: July 15, 2010, 09:48:51 pm »

I absolutely have to have the windows in my computer's taskbar in the right order.  It drives me CRAZY if stuff isn't in the right order.  I can't function.

It's totally stupid, but it MUST be all documents, then email, then web browser, then chats.  MUST be.

Ack!  I do this too, but email MUST come first.  If it doesn't, I close all the windows and start again.

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
Smoke
Master Member
Last Login:January 28, 2011, 04:34:58 pm

Religion: er.....can I get back to you on that?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: July 15, 2010, 09:52:23 pm »

Ack!  I do this too, but email MUST come first.  If it doesn't, I close all the windows and start again.

Me too! Execpt for me it's email last. And I have to have an even amount of tabs open!
Skydaughter
Apprentice
Last Login:July 08, 2011, 10:56:55 pm

Religion: Christian Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: March 17, 2011, 02:25:53 pm »

Also, I used to eat my the food on my plate clockwise--one group of food first, then the next, then salad if I have it, and bread is always last.

I eat my food one group at a time... Although, bread comes first and I turn my plate... let me see... counter-clockwise. I think this habit was developed more because I'm such a picky eater that I won't eat my food if it mixes rather than OCD. In the kitchen all the cabinets have to be shut when not used. That means open one, pull something out, if you're using it longer than 15 sec. close it, then reopen it to put whatever back. If it won't be used for longer than 15 sec, it's ok to leave open. I actually go behind my husband and shut cabinets if we're both in the kitchen at the same time. He's never complained or commented on it  Smiley

"All around you are spirits, Child. They live in the earth, the water, the sky... If you listen, they will guide you." ~ Grandmother Willow
Inca
Master Member
Last Login:December 31, 2011, 11:49:06 am
Netherlands Netherlands

Religion: agnostic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: March 17, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »

I absolutely have to have the windows in my computer's taskbar in the right order.  It drives me CRAZY if stuff isn't in the right order.  I can't function.

Well, liberation is on its way. Apparently you can drag your task bar items on Windows 7!
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #21: March 17, 2011, 03:00:39 pm »

Well, liberation is on its way. Apparently you can drag your task bar items on Windows 7!

I've heard that.  sounds wonderful! Cheesy

I have the weirdest issues .. Wink

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #22: March 17, 2011, 09:31:03 pm »

I was going to say that I have no OCD habits, but I do something like this.

At work, I must open my email first. When I have an internet browser open, it must go email, then twitter. The order after those doesn't matter.

I have an OCD coworker, however, and some of his habits drive me crazy. Mainly, having to think thoroughly before making a decision. Like for hours or possibly overnight. Just pick an option already!

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
stephyjh
Master Member
Last Login:October 01, 2013, 01:56:16 am
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

Religion: Celtic polytheist with Native American influences
TCN ID: stephyjh

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: March 18, 2011, 02:25:18 am »

Does either you or your SO have a habit or quirk that is almost OCD and either drives you completely nuts or has you rolling on the floor laughing?

For example- I have a habit when people buy me Skittles (yes, I do mean the sweets) that my hubby and my daughter find hysterically funny. I have to sort them out into the correct colour groups and then eat them in a certain order. I can't eat them if I don't. I know, it's completely irrational and more than a little stupid, but I just can't help it. Noel will occasionally really get me annoyed by mixing them all up again when I'm not looking. It drives me crazy and he knows it! Tongue

My biggest one (which drives other people so nutty that when I'm not around they do it on purpose) is that I don't want anyone gouging holes in the peanut butter in the jar. My go-to snack is a big spoonful of peanut butter, and I don't want to go in the jar and see big holes where someone's been stabbing a knife down in it. My grandpa's the world's worst about it, so since I've been staying with my grandparents, I've got a jar of peanut butter just for myself, with my name on it, that nobody had better mess up.

Rocquelaire
Journeyman
Last Login:November 20, 2011, 10:55:54 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Solitary Religious Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: April 02, 2011, 12:20:27 pm »

Oh, I have a few of those. It's actually a wonder that anyone can live with me lol. Here are a few:

- When hanging laundry outdoors the pegs have to match. If I have only odd pegs I can't hang the laundry up. And where possible the pegs should match / compliment the colour of the clothing. And everything has to be hung in size order from smallest to biggest.
- My books must be on the shelves by genre (with different shelves/ bookcases for each) in alphabetical order and when I have more than one book by the same author they have to be in chronological order. Same goes for CDs.
- Dishes have to be arranged from largest to smallest.
- My clothes have to be arranged by type and then colour.
- The throw cushions have to be in the right order.
- Cupboard doors must always be closed. I walk around behind my SO closing them.
- Spices have to go in the correct space in the rack, according to most frequent use.
- I can't eat if anyone is watching me or sitting close enough to touch me.
- I have to check on my daughter at least twice before I go to bed.

There are more but I won't bore you with the whole list. And yes, I know I'm a bit crazy lol

treekisser
Adept Member
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 05:18:30 pm

Religion: Bajoran

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: May 18, 2011, 08:28:27 am »

If I get any messages or notifications on facebook, I have to log in and have to click on the message or notification icon to make the little red pop up numbers disappear. I hate it when there's a lag and they won't vanish.

'Whatever such a mind sees is a flower, and whatever such a mind dreams of is the moon.' - Basho
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #26: May 18, 2011, 12:01:53 pm »

If I get any messages or notifications on facebook, I have to log in and have to click on the message or notification icon to make the little red pop up numbers disappear. I hate it when there's a lag and they won't vanish.

I am right there with you on that one!

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)