The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 06, 2022, 02:00:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2022, 02:00:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Herbs to raise blood pressure and circulation  (Read 11221 times)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 23, 2010, 10:18:18 am »

*yawn*

Spring fatigue got me and I'm always having a low blood pressure at that. I'm told everytime I go to blood donation...

Does anyone know herbs or veggies helping to raise blood pressure, blood circulation and get your engines running?

(Doc prescribed Etilefrin and I'll get her OK about the herbal supplements, but I need some ideas first.)

Thanks. Smiley

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

jab1982
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 28, 2010, 01:47:58 pm
United States United States

Religion: Wiccanish

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 23, 2010, 10:48:31 am »

*yawn*

Spring fatigue got me and I'm always having a low blood pressure at that. I'm told everytime I go to blood donation...

Does anyone know herbs or veggies helping to raise blood pressure, blood circulation and get your engines running?

(Doc prescribed Etilefrin and I'll get her OK about the herbal supplements, but I need some ideas first.)

Thanks. Smiley

Garlic, ginger, and cayenne all help circulation and they are also great as a "kick you in the pants and get you moving" helper. I would imagine they would help with the low blood pressure as well but have never used them for it.

I googled low blood pressure herb and most of the sites that came up gave rosemary as the primary herb. Again I have never used it this way so i make no promises.

Hope these help.
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #2: March 23, 2010, 11:42:01 am »

I don't know about herbs for this, but have you tried salt?

I'm on blood pressure meds for my heart but I don't actually have high blood pressure.  From time to time my pressure will go too low and I will get a headache I just can't get rid of, along with a really annoying lassitude.  It takes too long to regulate by adjusting my meds and over the years I have learned to recognize when to put salt back into my diet.

With my doctor's blessing, when I get like this I just sprinkle some salt onto my hand, lick it off, and wait.  It doesn't take much, and it works very quickly.  I follow a heart healthy diet most of the time but few people realize with all the no-salt low-salt publicity that we do actually need some to be healthy.  It is very easy these days to eat well with absolutely none, and I have had a minor deficiency in it before.

Check with your doctor - if you have any leanings towards hypertension this might not be a good idea, but for the occasional, short-term fix I find simple salt works great.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 30, 2010, 04:53:54 am »

My doc has recommended salt too, but I'm already using so much that I can't use more or my food wouldn't be tasteable...

Headache is a problem too, but doc thinks it's from shoulder/neck tension. I didn't know this can come from low blood pressure, so I'll watch this.

Sports/gymnastics and hot-cold-showers help too, but I need some kind of tea that keeps me going when sitting on the computer. My hands and feet are always freezing while doing sitting work.  Undecided (And I'm already drinking a lot of coffee.)

moonlion
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 22, 2010, 08:18:30 am
Portugal Portugal

Religion: Pagan

Share wisdom and beauty

Blog entries (0)

Moon Lion

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 30, 2010, 08:31:56 am »

Thanks. Smiley

Regarding blood circulation, you have also two other options:

Ginkgo Biloba (but you have to be careful before operations because like Aspirin in dilutes the blood)
Horse Chestnut (excellent for the well being of the veins)

To get your engines running, if you do not have heart problems:

Guarana

But get always your doctor's opinion.

"There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go." Richard Bach in: A Bridge Across Forever * Visit me at Genus Loci
folksymama
Master Member
Last Login:January 15, 2011, 01:56:10 pm

Religion: Kitchen Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 30, 2010, 08:32:16 am »

Hawthorn berry is an excellent herb for regulating blood pressure.  My husband takes it for high blood pressure, but it is good for low as well.  Just an all around great herb for heart health.

Headache is a problem too, but doc thinks it's from shoulder/neck tension. I didn't know this can come from low blood pressure, so I'll watch this.

Sports/gymnastics and hot-cold-showers help too, but I need some kind of tea that keeps me going when sitting on the computer. My hands and feet are always freezing while doing sitting work.  Undecided (And I'm already drinking a lot of coffee.)

All of these symptoms sound a lot like adrenal fatigue.  Have you been checked for that? I have a lot of the same symptoms...weird headaches (like a tightening of my scalp, really), cold extremeties, foggy feeling, tiredness despite getting enough sleep, etc.  

In addition, make sure you're not anemic, and are getting plenty of vitamin D.  You have probably already been checked for anemia, but just thought I'd mention it.
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 30, 2010, 10:01:42 am »

All of these symptoms sound a lot like adrenal fatigue.  Have you been checked for that? I have a lot of the same symptoms...weird headaches (like a tightening of my scalp, really), cold extremeties, foggy feeling, tiredness despite getting enough sleep, etc.
Gosh, just read that up, there are more fitting symptoms and I know my stress level was too high for years (having PTSD/anxiety problems and a stressful job) so it wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 30, 2010, 11:38:29 am »

My doc has recommended salt too, but I'm already using so much that I can't use more or my food wouldn't be tasteable...

Sports/gymnastics and hot-cold-showers help too, but I need some kind of tea that keeps me going when sitting on the computer. My hands and feet are always freezing while doing sitting work.  Undecided (And I'm already drinking a lot of coffee.)

Have you been checked for hypothyroid?  And adrenal fatigue as someone else said.  These can be related (hypothyroid causing the adrenal fatigue).  Finding out I was hypothyroid has changed my life around - I thought I was getting worse and worse chronic fatigue, boy was I glad when a solution was found!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:49:18 am by Star, Reason: Fixing quote code » Logged

AntlerandHerb.com
Rowanfox
Master Member
Last Login:December 02, 2010, 12:55:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Gardnerian

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: March 30, 2010, 02:54:54 pm »

*yawn*

Thanks. Smiley

Well, I had to stop consuming caffeine to reduce my blood pressure, so I suspect it might be another one that might help. Also works great on headaches! Found naturally in coffee, tea and CHOCOLATE (yay) and un-naturally in the various energy drinks on the market.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)