The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 26, 2020, 11:18:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2020, 11:18:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Got that Rugby Itch?  (Read 3946 times)
Corvus Calling - GirlRugger
Master Member
Last Login:April 27, 2011, 11:57:21 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Irish Celtic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: GirlRugger

Blog entries (0)

mmarieh

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 28, 2010, 08:55:19 am »

The snow is starting to melt and the weather is getting warmer, and I just keep thinking about my rugby cleats haning in the closet.

I just played in an indoor 7's torny in Truro, Nova Scotia a few weeks back, and I just can't seem to get rid of that Rugby itch. I feel like a kid counting down to Santa waiting for the season to begin. I was just wondering if there were any other anxious ruggers out there.  Cheesy

~Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act.~
                                                                               -Truman Capote

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2020, 10:47:08 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: March 28, 2010, 03:23:17 pm »

The snow is starting to melt and the weather is getting warmer, and I just keep thinking about my rugby cleats haning in the closet.

As I'm in the US, I've only seen rugby on TV on rare occasions. At least the game is fairly easy to understand enough to watch without lessons -- unlike cricket which seems to be completely incomprehensible to anyone not raised in a country where it is played.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

mmarieh

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 28, 2010, 06:48:37 pm »

As I'm in the US, I've only seen rugby on TV on rare occasions. At least the game is fairly easy to understand enough to watch without lessons -- unlike cricket which seems to be completely incomprehensible to anyone not raised in a country where it is played.

lol. This is so true of the US and it seems so funny to me. I live in New Brunswick, Canada. I can literally throw a stone and hit Maine, but some how the sport just doesn't seem to be as popular.

-Truman Capote
Monica M.
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2011, 01:59:15 am
Australia Australia

Religion: trying to figure it out

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 28, 2010, 08:32:00 pm »

American football is harder to understand than cricket. My Dad has to give me a lesson every time I'm in Perth and I still get confused every time I watch a game.
Monica M.
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2011, 01:59:15 am
Australia Australia

Religion: trying to figure it out

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 28, 2010, 08:33:44 pm »

I just played in an indoor 7's torny in Truro, Nova Scotia a few weeks back, and I just can't seem to get rid of that Rugby itch. I feel like a kid counting down to Santa waiting for the season to begin. I was just wondering if there were any other anxious ruggers out there.  Cheesy

Rugby League but yes I have the itch. We have just finished the third round and I had forgotten how much I missed it.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2020, 10:47:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: March 28, 2010, 10:45:41 pm »

American football is harder to understand than cricket.

I have no problem with American football (naturally as I was raised with it), but cricket is one of the most incomprehensible sports I've ever seen. I've even tried reading up on it to no avail.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 29, 2010, 03:05:22 am »

I have no problem with American football (naturally as I was raised with it), but cricket is one of the most incomprehensible sports I've ever seen. I've even tried reading up on it to no avail.

I'm English and I can't understand it! Undecided

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
mandy1216
Journeyman
Last Login:February 15, 2011, 02:13:39 pm

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 29, 2010, 10:34:30 am »

I propped and locked but blew my knee out! I miss it. Whenever there is a rainy spring Saturday morning, I think "Saturday's a rugby day!"

Jim Halpert:     We didn't play many video games in Scranton. Instead we'd do stuff like.. uh, Pam and I would sometimes hum the same high pitched note and try to get Dwight to make an appointment with an ear doctor. And, uh, Pam called it... Pretendinitis.
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

mmarieh

Ignore
« Reply #8: March 29, 2010, 04:08:37 pm »

I propped and locked but blew my knee out! I miss it. Whenever there is a rainy spring Saturday morning, I think "Saturday's a rugby day!"

I prop also. I screwed my ankle locking in high school and I never gave it another thought untill a womens league was started in my area a few years back. It is evry bit as much fun as I remember if not more. Because now I can drink the beer lol.

-Truman Capote
Casey
Master Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:30:47 am

Religion: Heathen

Grab a beer and celebrate day!

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #9: March 30, 2010, 03:14:10 pm »

Enjoyed it the few times I have played, but I just want to set up my weights outside and lift.  If invited I will play for sure though!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.