The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 27, 2020, 08:40:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2020, 08:40:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tarot/Oracle Card Connection Issue.  (Read 3409 times)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 31, 2010, 07:24:49 am »

I've been having some issues connecting with my oracle cards (The Fairy Ring Oracle) and my Tarot cards (The Ancient Egyptian Tarot Deck). I've cleansed them within an inch of their lives in different capacities: I've used herbs, candles, meditation, prayer, and neglect to do this. Nothing is helping me in the connection arena. I cannot afford to find new cards nor do I wish to since they're pretty nifty when I'm dead-on. I'm just... so tired of not being able to rely on my second sight that I'm frustrated and snappish about it.

So, has anyone been going through this lately? Have you gone through this and if you have, what was your remedy? Is this like a cosmological, psychological, or emotional issue? In other words: help.

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Rowanfox
Master Member
Last Login:December 02, 2010, 12:55:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Gardnerian

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 31, 2010, 11:14:13 am »

So, has anyone been going through this lately? Have you gone through this and if you have, what was your remedy? Is this like a cosmological, psychological, or emotional issue? In other words: help.

I usually find the biggest blocks come when I myself am torn with an emotional issue. I other words, when I most want an answer, they are most silent. At times in the past I have simply decided I cannot read the cards for me, period.

My HPS calls this the Egyptian syndrom.....something about denial (de Nile, ha) and asks me what I am pretending not to know. Often, when this happens to me, I already know the answer to a certain question, but I don't like it. So, I blame the cards for not talking.

My cure was to simply stop using them for a while. For me, it was kind of like breaking a dependency; like remembering I could always use the stairs if the elevator was not working, rather than getting mad at the elevator.

Just some thoughts to share......

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #2: March 31, 2010, 02:57:47 pm »

Oh yes, here http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=8065.0
I needed a new Tarot in the end.

And I feel about the Goddess Oracle similar.
I used it quite a lot and now I don't feel the need anymore.

Maybe sometimes we are just done with a certain deck?

Since buying some new decks is not an option, ever thought of trading?
Maybe someone has un-used, un-loved sets of Tarot or oracle cards around and is willing to make a trade for a book or something else?
I traded a book for a tarot deck just recently Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 31, 2010, 06:06:23 pm »

Oh yes, here http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=8065.0
I needed a new Tarot in the end.

And I feel about the Goddess Oracle similar.
I used it quite a lot and now I don't feel the need anymore.

Maybe sometimes we are just done with a certain deck?

Since buying some new decks is not an option, ever thought of trading?
Maybe someone has un-used, un-loved sets of Tarot or oracle cards around and is willing to make a trade for a book or something else?
I traded a book for a tarot deck just recently Smiley

A trade would be interesting... However, the only person who has cards to trade has a baseball deck that she would be willing to trade. Though a connection maybe form, I have a deep loathing of baseball. Sh-h. Don't tell anyone!  Wink

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 01, 2010, 12:14:50 pm »

A trade would be interesting... However, the only person who has cards to trade has a baseball deck that she would be willing to trade. Though a connection maybe form, I have a deep loathing of baseball. Sh-h. Don't tell anyone!  Wink

Interesting concept, the idea of a baseball tarot?  Could it be done?  Cheesy

Everyone had some really good suggestions.  The only thing I would say is maybe you need to get re-connected to them by carrying them around or sleeping near them.

I guess it would help to know what exactly the situation is.  When did you notice something weird was going on?

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #5: April 01, 2010, 12:25:01 pm »

Cheesy

Well, my experience with forum trades is only good so far.
I've bought/traded books, cards, gem stones in boards I read.

Once you know the regulars (and vice versa) making a deal is quite safe.

You could ask around TC maybe, if someone has got (non baseball  Wink) cards to offer.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #6: April 02, 2010, 07:17:47 am »

Cheesy

Well, my experience with forum trades is only good so far.
I've bought/traded books, cards, gem stones in boards I read.

Once you know the regulars (and vice versa) making a deal is quite safe.

You could ask around TC maybe, if someone has got (non baseball  Wink) cards to offer.

Hm... That would be interesting.

Or, like, we have a special topic for trading of items? "I'm looking to trade my Cunningham book for fill-in-the-blank."

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #7: April 02, 2010, 07:56:43 am »

Or, like, we have a special topic for trading of items? "I'm looking to trade my Cunningham book for fill-in-the-blank."

A few boards I'm on have a 'flea market' section.
A flea market thread in the community board, would be an idea I guess.

If it's ok with the board rules of course.
But if it's trade-only and no selling, I can't see a problem.
(Of course everybody's gotta be aware, that TC is not responsible for the success of the trades and so on.)

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: April 02, 2010, 08:02:42 am »

I don't see why not. I'll try to set up such a topic in the Special Topics area this weekend -- the delay is so I can think up and write the rules for the topic as it isn't for commercial ads, stuff for sale, etc.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #9: April 02, 2010, 08:47:22 pm »

I don't see why not. I'll try to set up such a topic in the Special Topics area this weekend -- the delay is so I can think up and write the rules for the topic as it isn't for commercial ads, stuff for sale, etc.

No problem. Thanks!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)