The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 21, 2019, 10:18:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2019, 10:18:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Obligatory Beltane/Samhain thread  (Read 6742 times)
dragonfaerie
Coffee Goddess
Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 06:19:49 pm
United States United States

Religion: Witchcraft
TCN ID: dragonfaerie

Priestess of the Circle of Amber Heart

Blog entries (0)

terpette terpette terpette

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 24, 2010, 05:22:32 pm »

So... what's everyone doing for the sabbat? I'm especially interested to hear from the southern hemisphere folks who are coming up on Samhain if you're working based on your seasons rather than the strict calendar year.

Karen

Writings on Wicca & Witchcraft
Read my journal!
Today's Mood Forecast:
Fanboy's Convention List

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 24, 2010, 05:52:12 pm »

So... what's everyone doing for the sabbat? I'm especially interested to hear from the southern hemisphere folks who are coming up on Samhain if you're working based on your seasons rather than the strict calendar year.

Karen

We'll be spending Beltane with the local ADF grove. Smiley I won't be making it for the early dawn ritual, I work afternoons and don't want to sleep a couple of hours then drive an hour for a ritual at around 6 am. Okay, I'm lazy. Wink But we will be there for the afternoon rit. 
Monica M.
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2011, 01:59:15 am
Australia Australia

Religion: trying to figure it out

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 24, 2010, 08:39:15 pm »

Karen

I'll be visiting friends in Queensland and I hate autumn so I won't do much except be glad it's nearly over. I will probably offer some alcohol to my ancesters and others who have died. Now that I think about it maybe I will use the oppourtunity to say goodbye to some of my old issues I have been carrying around for far to long. Since I am not very big on formal ritual and not even sure why I follow the wheel of the year anyway I won't do anything particularly religious.
Spirit Bear
Apprentice
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 11:57:24 pm

Religion: Wiccan (with druidic roots, no pun intended)
TCN ID: Spiritbear

violence isn't nor ever has been the answer...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: April 24, 2010, 10:04:12 pm »

Karen
I'm gonna try and figure out something since its my first sabbat as a wiccan!

The road less traveled, has many signs, "spirit bear was here" is a good sign you aren't on that road...
kodak01
Apprentice
Last Login:July 01, 2011, 03:18:05 pm

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 24, 2010, 11:12:05 pm »

Karen

For Beltane we'll be doing our usual Maypole dance and ritual. I'm trying to come up  with some fun activities to come up with for the coven (and guests) to do before/after but I'm drawing a serious blank. If anyone has any ideas, i would love to hear them!
erinnightwalker
Master Member
Last Login:October 04, 2012, 12:59:41 am

Religion: Celtic Paganism

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #5: April 24, 2010, 11:46:43 pm »

For Beltane we'll be doing our usual Maypole dance and ritual. I'm trying to come up  with some fun activities to come up with for the coven (and guests) to do before/after but I'm drawing a serious blank. If anyone has any ideas, i would love to hear them!

Find a jello mold that makes egg shapes then have a race. If they swallow the egg or if it dissolves, they lose. First one with a whole egg wins.... something? XD

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

I dance upon the edge of shadow
flickering through the night.
An ember smouldering in my heart
is my only guide, my light.

Come buy my ceramics and help support The Cauldron! Click Here
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #6: April 25, 2010, 04:56:36 am »

I have been completely evil and told Steve that he has to come up with the Beltane ritual for this year. He has never had to do this before, so it should be quite interesting (yes, I do have a ritual in reserve, just in case!).  Grin

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
dragonfaerie
Coffee Goddess
Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 06:19:49 pm

Religion: Witchcraft
TCN ID: dragonfaerie

Priestess of the Circle of Amber Heart

Blog entries (0)

terpette terpette terpette

Ignore
« Reply #7: April 25, 2010, 10:30:25 am »

DH and I will be at the PA Faerie Fest on Beltane (check the Announcements forum for details) and then hopefully to the local ADF grove for my first ritual there. My coven meets on the other end of the state so we won't be getting to that ritual.

Day after Beltane is my spring community band concert. I don't know that we'll have time to do anything personal at home, besides, ya know, what people usually do on Beltane... *wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more*

Though I'd like to do something that would encourage the proper fertility of my gardens. The weeds are growing great, but I need to get some flowers in there. I don't really like pulling up weeds, but I want one or two nice flower beds in exchange for not worrying about the dandelions, chickweed, and crab grass in the rest of the yard.

Karen

Writings on Wicca & Witchcraft
Read my journal!
Today's Mood Forecast:
Fanboy's Convention List
Cliona
Journeyman
Last Login:July 22, 2011, 11:55:35 am

Religion: ADF, UU

not quite an eagle, but not quite a goose

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: April 25, 2010, 11:36:57 am »

Karen

This is my first Beltane as an ADF Dedicant, and it coincides with the completion of my SO's and my security belt training. To celebrate, we're going to his parents' house up north while they come down here for the weekend, so we'll have a large and gorgeous house up in the Northwoods in an even larger and more gorgeous forest all to ourselves. I'm keeping my rite simple, and my SO has shown interest in a large bonfire and other things. The rite itself I'll be doing on my own, and he's agreed to leave me to it while he plays a video game or something.

I am excited to be up in the Northwoods this time of year. They're not far from Lake Superior, so I'll be heading to the shore to make my contact with water.

I will follow you into the deep, as a young bird has to learn to fly
- Whale Rider, Edenbridge
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: April 25, 2010, 12:12:06 pm »

I'm doing something uncharacteristically adorable.  I'm having my little nieces and nephew over for maypole dancing, tea & cookies, and birdhouse decorating.  Load 'em up on sugar and send 'em home.  Wink

Brina
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #10: April 25, 2010, 05:07:59 pm »

Load 'em up on sugar and send 'em home.  Wink

You is evil genius.  Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #11: April 25, 2010, 05:10:34 pm »

I'd like to do something, but I don't think I'll make it.
Like last year.

So I prefer not to make plans and might do something spontaneous.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Vella Malachite
Master Member
Last Login:July 31, 2011, 03:27:04 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Irish Celtic Reconstructionist

Never underestimate carefully worded nonsense.

Blog entries (3)

Ignore
« Reply #12: April 26, 2010, 07:21:19 am »

I'm especially interested to hear from the southern hemisphere folks who are coming up on Samhain if you're working based on your seasons rather than the strict calendar year.

I live in the Southern Hemisphere, and I work based on the seasons.  It makes more sense for me - for instance, Samhain has a very "winter" feel for me, so it wouldn't make much sense for me to celebrate it coming into spring.  Also, many of these festivals were based on specific times of the harvest cycle, or have symbolism with some particular part of the seasonal cycle that coincides with a certain time of year, so I'd feel like I was doing it all wrong if I celebrated them the wrong way around.

And speaking of Samhain, it is indeed coming up soon for us down here  Grin
Personally, I can't do a full ritual or anything, for one, I have heaps of schoolwork that needs doing, and two, the parents present a small obstacle to any chanting or bonfires and all that sort of noisy stuff.
So I'll be cooking dinner for the night - pumpkin and pork stir-fry - and then retreating to my room, offering an apple to the Gods and the ancestors, and lighting a candle.  If my friend is on Skype, I'll talk to her.  I may do a Tarot reading or two.
So pretty low-key for me.

Minds are like parachutes: Just because you've lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter as if he is a man, but when he is a spinning ball of ammonia and methane must be silent?
Firaza
Master Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 08:59:38 pm

Religion: Modern Kemetic

Soul to heaven, body to earth.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: April 26, 2010, 09:13:24 am »

So... what's everyone doing for the sabbat?

I'm considering just buying fresh flowers and placing them on my altar. It'll be my first celebrated sabbat and I'm not really sure how to go about doing it solo, since I've only read about group activities.

RedLori
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 18, 2011, 12:08:16 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Learner Eclectic Witch
TCN ID: redlori

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: April 26, 2010, 12:16:53 pm »

oooh, I'm looking forward to Beltane.   Cheesy 
this will be my first one where I actually feel like I should know what I'm doing a bit more.  Grin (in past years I maybe just lit a candle or something.)
I haven't planned what to do yet... since I dont meet with a coven or group or anything  Undecided
will probably look at various different ritual ideas and sort of come up with something that works for me... Smiley

(formerly ladykarina)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)