The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 15, 2019, 01:26:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2019, 01:26:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What are your young kiddos favorite toys?  (Read 1676 times)
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am
United States United States

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 29, 2010, 09:12:36 pm »

Not that I'm leaving out the biggins, just that I'm totally mommystruck over my 1yo's favorites and comparing them to my older kiddos faves at similar ages.

Ms Kenna-roo is 13mo and calls anything with fur and a face 'kitty' so we currently have two.  One is a rabbit that looks real, with pelt like fur and shiny dark eyes just called "Kee" and the second one is a not as real stuffed cat that she calls 'that' and will give kisses to.  (mwa!)

Her other favorites are my cell phone, or anything roughly rectuangular that kiddo will hold on her head and say "Lo!" anything that looks like a Dah! (duck)

I don't remember the boys being so specific when talking about toys.  The big tonka trucks were the favorite about this point I think.  They were already walking by now and would crash them into things and climb up on them. 

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Corvus Calling - GirlRugger
Master Member
Last Login:April 27, 2011, 11:57:21 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Irish Celtic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: GirlRugger

Blog entries (0)

mmarieh

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 30, 2010, 07:07:22 am »

My girls are two, and their favorites are cell phones too, the also are yolked to their leapfrog tag juniors all day, they just love reading (or the two year old version of it anyway. lol).

~Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act.~
                                                                               -Truman Capote
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 30, 2010, 07:08:46 am »

Elizabeth is 8 now, but she still loves Barbie dolls and Lego. The bloody stuff is everywhereAngry

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #3: April 30, 2010, 07:27:53 am »

Natalie's closing in on three now, and has more toys than she really needs.  Consequence of being the only grandchild on one side, the only one within reach on the other (her cousin lives halfway across the country).  It's hard to tell what's her favorite because she'll favor one for a few days, then move on to something else.

Right now, it seems like blocks are the big thing.  Doesn't matter what kind--she's got wooden ones and those big cardboard ones at Grandma and Grandpa's, and oversized Lego/Duplo blocks at home.  She just likes to build.  Also, she has a bunch of plastic "food" that she likes to "cook" with.  And of course books.  Regular books, and also this Bugsby thing, I guess it's sort of like the Leapfrog books.

The one toy that she's specifically told me is her favorite, actually, was a baby-shower gift from Chabas.  It's a stuffed bear, really really soft fur, dressed in a pastel-blue-and-white nightshirt and cap.  Very important at bedtime.  There are other stuffies she likes, but that's the one she always has to have, and the one she tells me, "It's my FAVORITE!" about.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 30, 2010, 10:00:22 am »

My daughter's all time favorite toy is a teddy bear her grandma found on a clearance table.  She's light brown, wears white leggings with red dots, red sweater with white dots and had a bow next to her ear that was red with white dots.  Serena called her Dottie.  Okay, Smiley not the most original name, but what do you expect from a 1 yr old?  Anyway, she carried Dottie with her EVERYWHERE.  Had to buy her a 'carseat', strollar, bed, etc.  My daughter is 18 now and Dottie still has a place of honor in her room. Smiley
jab1982
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 28, 2010, 01:47:58 pm

Religion: Wiccanish

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: April 30, 2010, 10:07:12 am »

Not that I'm leaving out the biggins, just that I'm totally mommystruck over my 1yo's favorites and comparing them to my older kiddos faves at similar ages.

My maddie turned 2 on  the 14th and her favorites are her melissa and doug puzzles, anything little people, and my rockband microphone, She likes to stand in front of the tv and sing la la laaaaa at the top of her lungs SmileySmiley

When we take her to the children's museums then her favorite is the kitchen areas and pretending to cook, so we are thinking of getting her a toy kitchen setup for christmas.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)