The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 16, 2021, 11:38:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2021, 11:38:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What can you throw on the ground to keep children and teenagers, adults away?  (Read 12175 times)
Beth libby
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 02, 2010, 02:35:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: catholic

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 01, 2010, 10:46:38 pm »

I am wondering what liquid or product I can throw on the ground, pavement and in the woods to keep the children and teenagers, and adults away from the areas? They try to hurt cats and other animals as well as people that unfortunately walk by them..

I need peace of mind what to do about the situation short of calling the police..

thank you Sad
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:03:02 am by Star, Reason: Removing bolding » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: May 02, 2010, 12:14:42 am »

I need peace of mind what to do about the situation short of calling the police..

Unfortunately, this sounds like a situation where police involvment is necessary.  If they really are hurting animals and especially people, something more than throwing some liquid around is needed.  Even if they are doing this on what I assume to be your property doesn't mean that they would do it someplace else.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
tinapo85
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:April 02, 2011, 12:52:04 am

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Tina Palmer

Ignore
« Reply #2: May 02, 2010, 02:21:56 am »

Unfortunately, this sounds like a situation where police involvment is necessary.  If they really are hurting animals and especially people, something more than throwing some liquid around is needed.  Even if they are doing this on what I assume to be your property doesn't mean that they would do it someplace else.

I heard a group of stupid kids "sacrifice" two cats a few months ago, I didn't even think of calling the police, probably should have.

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: May 02, 2010, 08:15:02 am »

I am wondering what liquid or product I can throw on the ground, pavement and in the woods to keep the children and teenagers, and adults away from the areas? They try to hurt cats and other animals as well as people that unfortunately walk by them..

While one could work up a spell to repeal people from an area, this really would not solve the problem as the troublemakers wouldn't stop causing trouble, they'd just move somewhere else and cause it. Since the trouble they are causing is trying to hurt animals and people, that's really not a useful solution. I'd talk to the police.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #4: May 02, 2010, 09:10:12 am »

thank you Sad

Terrible situation.
I'd involve the police and I'm with Randall.
Just protecting that one area won't suffice.

IF you want to do magic on those ... folks (there are much unfriendlier words I have in stock for such people, but it should be pg-13 here), then you should consider a serious ban/curse to keep them from doing it elsewhere, too.

But before you get involved into such an enterprise, I'd recommend some divination.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Beth libby
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 02, 2010, 02:35:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: catholic

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: May 02, 2010, 02:34:21 pm »

The police were called about them, and I don't know if the parents were spoken with or not.. They don't live in the neighborhood but walk around being ignorant..

I'll have to speak with the police again about them..

If I had the finances I would be able to move away, I would feel alot more comfortable then...
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #6: May 02, 2010, 02:46:02 pm »

If I had the finances I would be able to move away, I would feel alot more comfortable then...

I missed that you have 'catholic' in your religion field.

How about petition candles? If you turn to saints at all in your believes.
I know that in Hoodoo there is a great tradition to call on saints, burn candles and say prayers or psalms over it.

Maybe you can find something there for protection.

(You might want to check out luckymojo.com, they have loads of information on their page - and of course offer all the necessary supplies too.)

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: May 02, 2010, 04:54:30 pm »

I'll have to speak with the police again about them..

Ask the police what you can do to help them put a stop to the problems. For example, often catching them doing some activities are more likely to result in strong action, so just knowing what to call on is a help. Once the police know there is a problem in the area, they are often desire to be able to stop it as you do but just need help (and a bit of luck) to be able to.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: May 02, 2010, 05:17:16 pm »

I am wondering what liquid or product I can throw on the ground, pavement and in the woods to keep the children and teenagers, and adults away from the areas?

Landmines.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #9: May 02, 2010, 05:24:08 pm »

Landmines.

I was going to say dog feces, but your idea might work better.

On a more serious note to the original poster, do call the authorities. Depending as to why the people are hanging around in those areas mysteriously, they may have a big bust of some kind.

Not too far from where I used to live, some people got busted for growing Marijuana in a state forest reserve! I don't know how that worked out for them, but it made the local papers. Needless to say, that area is no longer a popular location for trash.

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548
blueheron
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 09, 2010, 09:05:34 pm

Religion: wantism, nondualism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: June 09, 2010, 03:27:07 pm »

I was going to say dog feces, but your idea might work better.

On a more serious note to the original poster, do call the authorities. Depending as to why the people are hanging around in those areas mysteriously, they may have a big bust of some kind.

Not too far from where I used to live, some people got busted for growing Marijuana in a state forest reserve! I don't know how that worked out for them, but it made the local papers. Needless to say, that area is no longer a popular location for trash.

Om Mani Padme Hum

I hope everything works out for the greatest good of all involved in this thread..

Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #11: June 09, 2010, 09:47:18 pm »

Om Mani Padme Hum

I hope everything works out for the greatest good of all involved in this thread..

I'm so glad she is banned.
Naya
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 19, 2016, 07:36:55 am

Religion: Traditional Wicca

Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: September 02, 2010, 07:37:26 am »

Do a google search for "hot foot powder."  Typical recipes include things like sulfur, cayenne pepper, black salt, and graveyard dirt (research how to properly collect graveyard dirt, too... don't just go scooping some soil off some person's grave!).  Cayenne pepper is the most important of these ingredients, though. 

thank you Sad

Phoenixgoddess
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 17, 2011, 08:30:57 am
Australia Australia

Religion: wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: June 14, 2011, 07:44:34 pm »

Do a google search for "hot foot powder."  Typical recipes include things like sulfur, cayenne pepper, black salt, and graveyard dirt (research how to properly collect graveyard dirt, too... don't just go scooping some soil off some person's grave!).  Cayenne pepper is the most important of these ingredients, though. 

Yes I agree about using hot foot powder, you could also use black salt, making sure that you say an appropriate spell or psalm while doing so.
I would also petition the spirits of both plant and animal life there for the protection of the area. It seems to me they are slacking off!

yeah landmines sounds good too.

"Always be yourself... because the people that matter, don't mind and the people that do mind, don't matter".
FairyWhispers
Apprentice
Last Login:June 15, 2011, 03:01:22 am

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: June 14, 2011, 11:04:52 pm »

thank you Sad

Male fox urine, sprinkled on the ground during a full moon, is a useful deterrent. Check your local hunting store. Some sell deer urine too, but that doesn't work very well as a deterrent.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)