The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 01, 2020, 12:29:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 01, 2020, 12:29:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been owned?  (Read 20764 times)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #45: January 20, 2011, 11:10:40 am »

I cannot believe I missed this thread before now.

I belong to Sekhmet, but Neb.y owns me. 

This means that, while I honor both, I am much less likely to "freestyle" for Neb.y - He knows what He wants and He gets it.  The one time I did offer something not specifically requested He was amused, but I clearly got the feeling that He'd let me know when I could "get cute".

My relationship with Sekhmet is comfort with the occasional smack upside the head.  My relationship with Neb.y is fighting against the tide with occasional pause for breath.  I wouldn't change either one.

Hm... I wonder if I would do better with a stricter relationship...? I mean, I give every day. I'm respectful. Incense is flowing all around us and I clean the altar tables every other day. But, I wonder if I would be more dedicated if I had a Neb.y like experience...

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #46: January 20, 2011, 11:28:46 am »

Hm... I wonder if I would do better with a stricter relationship...? I mean, I give every day. I'm respectful. Incense is flowing all around us and I clean the altar tables every other day. But, I wonder if I would be more dedicated if I had a Neb.y like experience...

The thing with Neb.y, though, is that He turns your life upside down, stretches your boundaries to the point that you think they're going to break, and makes incessant demands that push you even more.  He's not, strictly, strict - He knows what He wants when He wants it and you end up giving it to Him...even if you're kicking and screaming the whole way.

Sekhmet, on the other hand, is tough but fair.  If you want more discipline, I'd try asking Her for help.  Asking Neb.y for anything opens a can of incredibly difficult GIANT worms - while rewarding to have things out in the open there's no way to put them back.

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #47: January 20, 2011, 11:29:51 am »

The thing with Neb.y, though, is that He turns your life upside down, stretches your boundaries to the point that you think they're going to break, and makes incessant demands that push you even more.  He's not, strictly, strict - He knows what He wants when He wants it and you end up giving it to Him...even if you're kicking and screaming the whole way.

Sekhmet, on the other hand, is tough but fair.  If you want more discipline, I'd try asking Her for help.  Asking Neb.y for anything opens a can of incredibly difficult GIANT worms - while rewarding to have things out in the open there's no way to put them back.

I think Neb.y would have to wait, anyway. Anpu has been appearing lately. I'm waiting for the all-telling dream...

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
Nehet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 02, 2011, 12:07:16 am

Religion: Kemetic Polytheist
TCN ID: Nehet

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #48: January 20, 2011, 11:44:54 am »

Neb.y

OK, I feel like a dork for not knowing this but I finally had to ask.  Where does this come from and what does it mean? 
veggiewolf
Adept Member

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #49: January 20, 2011, 12:24:35 pm »

OK, I feel like a dork for not knowing this but I finally had to ask.  Where does this come from and what does it mean? 
I actually borrowed the use from Darkhawk - it translates (IIRC) to "my Lord".  I use it when referring to Sutekh/Set/Big Red.

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
Nehet
Adept Member

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #50: January 20, 2011, 02:33:18 pm »

I actually borrowed the use from Darkhawk - it translates (IIRC) to "my Lord".  I use it when referring to Sutekh/Set/Big Red.

Ah, OK.  I knew that "Neb" meant Lord but the Y was confusing me.  Thanks!   Wink
Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:January 20, 2020, 08:24:45 pm

Religion: Kemetic Feri Discordian

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #51: January 20, 2011, 04:27:02 pm »

Adding to veggie's comment - because of the interesting BDSM d/s overtones to my relationship with Neb.y, it's a particularly relevant honorific for me personally.

veggiewolf
Adept Member

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #52: January 20, 2011, 08:34:11 pm »

Adding to veggie's comment - because of the interesting BDSM d/s overtones to my relationship with Neb.y, it's a particularly relevant honorific for me personally.
Gods, and I thought I was the only one...is this typical of Him?

Wow.

Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #53: January 21, 2011, 12:37:58 pm »

Gods, and I thought I was the only one...is this typical of Him?

I don't know specifically, but as I said when Himself told me to study Feri:  "It's about sex and power.  I can see why you like it."

sparrow125
Master Member
Last Login:July 19, 2011, 06:21:33 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #54: January 21, 2011, 02:03:34 pm »

I've heard several Cauldronites say that they "belong" to their Gods. 

Is this true for you? 

If so, what does that mean, in terms of how you interact with your God(s)?

This is actually one of the reasons that I've seriously avoided working with gods/goddesses until recently. The way I was taught growing up was that god really did own you, you had to do whatever he told you no matter what, he would be judging your every move, and you would burn for eternity if you messed up and didn't beg for forgiveness.

I actually swore when I became pagan that I wouldn't get involved with any deities. Go figure, now I'm involved with two. Roll Eyes When Epona first started trying to get my attention I basically did run screaming, but She has been exceedingly patient and understanding, and I'm now trying to follow Her. Ownership is nowhere in it for me, though. In fact, I made sure before I got into it that I was allowed to leave at any time without retribution, and she basically said, "of course, duh" (not her exact words, lol). So no, I don't belong to my goddesses.
Nehet
Adept Member

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #55: February 05, 2011, 10:45:38 pm »

I replied to the wrong thread.  Sorry.  Nothing to see here.
Gillyflower
Journeyman
Last Login:February 19, 2017, 02:49:46 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Dark Paganism

I do what my M&Ms tell me to.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #56: February 09, 2011, 09:05:25 am »

I've heard several Cauldronites say that they "belong" to their Gods. 

Is this true for you? 

If so, what does that mean, in terms of how you interact with your God(s)?

Hecate figuratively sat by my side on the school steps at lunchtime and offered me a clove. When she comes by, it's more like dropping in for a cup of tea and a chat. Like Tim Hunter and Death in Gaiman's Books of Magic.

~Know this, and let it somewhat raise your spite,
Through darkness diamonds spread their richest light.~
Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #57: February 09, 2011, 02:00:24 pm »

I was actually talking to someone last night about my experiences with Neb.y, and how interactions with Himself tend to work, and I summed it up as something like, "He's in to threatening to take your stuff.  The way it works out, you either stand up to him and demand that He shove off, or He gets your stuff.  He's genuinely okay with either outcome."  This is the problem of dealing with a god who had a lot of ambivalence about Him, I think. :}

Sometimes I give Him what He insists on; sometimes I tell Him to bugger off.  When I do the latter I get roars of laughter and testicle jokes from Big Red, which suggests that I got something right there ....  I suspect if the balance were off I'd get different problems, but instead I get a fair amount of approval.

veggiewolf
Adept Member

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #58: February 09, 2011, 02:11:22 pm »

I was actually talking to someone last night about my experiences with Neb.y, and how interactions with Himself tend to work, and I summed it up as something like, "He's in to threatening to take your stuff.  The way it works out, you either stand up to him and demand that He shove off, or He gets your stuff.  He's genuinely okay with either outcome."  This is the problem of dealing with a god who had a lot of ambivalence about Him, I think. :}

Sometimes I give Him what He insists on; sometimes I tell Him to bugger off.  When I do the latter I get roars of laughter and testicle jokes from Big Red, which suggests that I got something right there ....  I suspect if the balance were off I'd get different problems, but instead I get a fair amount of approval.
Isn't it nice when UPG becomes SPG? Cheesy

Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #59: February 10, 2011, 10:48:18 am »

I tell Sekhmet to bugger off frequently, however, I do not get the same reaction.  Angry I'd prefer jokes and laughter as opposed to bitching.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)