The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 09, 2021, 05:21:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 09, 2021, 05:21:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: If you were naming a goat farm in honor of Brigid...  (Read 2485 times)
folksymama
Master Member
Last Login:January 15, 2011, 01:56:10 pm
United States United States

Religion: Kitchen Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 10, 2010, 04:16:48 pm »

What would you call it?   Cheesy  I am currently trying to come up with a name for our small goat farm, mainly because I'm going to start selling some of our dairy products and want to have a consistent name to put on them.  I also need a name if I'm going to start registering our goat babies.  I've been milling a name over in my head for a while, and had thought of "Sunfish Farms" because our new property will be on the banks of Sunfish Creek.  But, we aren't living there now, so it seems kind of silly to use a name that doesn't really apply to our current situation.  Plus, I wasn't thrilled with the name, but it was kind of stuck in my head and I was having trouble getting rid of it.  Last night, I was kind of thwapped with the idea that Herself wouldn't mind being involved in the name (nudge, nudge) and I think it's very fitting since I've often asked her to watch over and help protect my little herd, watch over the does who are getting ready to kid, etc.  But, I don't really have any ideas other than just using Brigid, like "Brigid's Farm"  and when I googled that, there is at least one other goat farm by that name.  I'm not totally opposed to using it as long as it's not copyrighted, but for registering purposes, it would be easier if I had a one of a kind name.

Thoughts?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Caroline
Master Member
Last Login:October 07, 2011, 11:24:24 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: May 10, 2010, 09:08:32 pm »

But, I don't really have any ideas other than just using Brigid, like "Brigid's Farm"  and when I googled that, there is at least one other goat farm by that name.  I'm not totally opposed to using it as long as it's not copyrighted, but for registering purposes, it would be easier if I had a one of a kind name.

Thoughts?

How about ''Brideog" (Little Brigit)?
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: May 10, 2010, 10:31:31 pm »

What would you call it?   

I'd probably go with something like "Brighid's Dairy Farm" translated into Irish.  Or something like that.

(BTW, try the Irish Translation Forum if you want something translated into Irish.  The folks who do the translations on that forum respond really quickly.)

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)