The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 22, 2021, 10:04:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2021, 10:04:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dreaming of the Gods.  (Read 2066 times)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 12, 2010, 12:48:38 pm »

I had a very odd dream last night in which Sekhmet and a few other Egyptian deities (Ma'at, Re, and I think Iset) made an appearance. The oddity about the dream was that it was like one of those very old black-and-white movies where they have to cut away from the scene and post the conversation on black cards. Only, whenever the cut away portion happened, instead of words or thoughts, there was nothing but black space. I've dreamed of the gods before but never in this way. I'm pretty sure I know what they're trying to tell me, but this got me thinking...

Have you ever had dreams about your gods? What were they like? Were they clear and obvious or was a deeper meaning meant to be found later? Did they talk in tongues/riddles or were they spot on in putting you in your place? After having had a dream about your deity (or a new deity), were you given a sense of purpose? Did you feel better about things, calmer, or just more confused? Tell me about your deity dreaming!

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Cliona
Journeyman
Last Login:July 22, 2011, 11:55:35 am

Religion: ADF, UU

not quite an eagle, but not quite a goose

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: May 12, 2010, 02:18:44 pm »

Have you ever had dreams about your gods? What were they like? Were they clear and obvious or was a deeper meaning meant to be found later? Did they talk in tongues/riddles or were they spot on in putting you in your place? After having had a dream about your deity (or a new deity), were you given a sense of purpose? Did you feel better about things, calmer, or just more confused? Tell me about your deity dreaming!

My first experience with a deity - Rhiannon - was through a sort of dream. I was actually pretty awake, afraid of going back to sleep because of some terrible nightmares. I started singing to myself in my head a calming song, hoping to get back to sleep, and a very melodic voice took over for me and I was asleep almost instantly. So not exactly a dream, but somewhere in that area. It did mark the beginning of a lesson She had to teach me, and when I figured out who She was, I immediately jumped to the conclusion that She was going to be a patron. Not so; there was something I needed to learn and She intervened when I had difficulty learning it. The very beginning was to calm me down enough to admit to my problem and fear, and She did that through that sort of dream-like state. She has since "handed me over" to others.

Other than that, I've only had one dream where a God revealed Himself to me, however slightly cryptic. The dream itself was odd, and now I can't remember much except that a couple Desperate Housewives characters were fighting and decided to settle their argument on horseback. Suddenly a large, very richly blue wave splashed over everything, and I clearly remember one dark horse running through the water. He wasn't swimming, but running as if on land, and he was very much part of the water. I do remember that I had not been present in earlier parts of the dream - one of those where I'm watching what's going on but not actively participating - but this horse came up to me and took me on his back and I rode him through the now-submerged world. It was amazing and thrilling, and even recalling it I get happy shivers. Days later, when I couldn't shake this horse from my mind even though the rest of the dream faded, I began scourging the Internetz and found Enbarr, Manannan Mac Lir's steed. Shortly after I worked up the courage to ask Manannan if my interpretation of the dream was correct, and was met with a resounding YES and the feeling of a great grin and some chuckling, like, "Hey, you finally figured it out!" This dream was very significant, as it solidified my spiritual path. Manannan is my patron, He has made that abundantly clear - my life is being directed towards the water and healing. And He makes sure I never take life so absolutely seriously.

I will follow you into the deep, as a young bird has to learn to fly
- Whale Rider, Edenbridge
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #2: May 13, 2010, 01:12:43 pm »

The first time I started to work with deities at all, I called one for help and made a spirit journey to get advice from her. The experience was so intense that I panicked and droped out of the journey. The nights afterwards I often dreamed of her and woke up when things got frightening. I felt stalked by her.  Shocked

But then someone told me that I can just talk to her, try to reach her in a state of meditation, open myself to her presence and tell her that she shouldn't butt in when I'm sleeping. That helped a lot to improve me night rest.

Thing was, I needed some time to accept what she tried to make me do - and she was really just trying to help me because I had asked her to. She had trouble to understand that I didn't comply in an instant.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
Firaza
Master Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 08:59:38 pm

Religion: Modern Kemetic

Soul to heaven, body to earth.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: May 13, 2010, 05:26:57 pm »

I usually dream of brief images of my Gods, but they don't really carry any meaning behind them. However, when I first began worshiping six years ago, I had an intense dream wherein Anpu and I were standing in a desert with pyramids in the distance. During the dream, He gave me a name, but I have long since forgotten what it was. (It's a long story.)

That's the only significant dream I've had with any deities in it.

pagangirl86
Last Login:June 22, 2011, 07:51:26 pm

Religion: Pagan / Wiccan / Witch

Blog entries (0)

Veronica Wood Veronica Wood

Ignore
« Reply #4: May 24, 2010, 08:17:21 pm »

I had a really neat dream about a month ago. In the dream there was Herne and he was holding a baby. And in the dream he started handing over this baby to a man but as he did the baby grew from baby to child, child to teen, and then teen to a woman. And that woman was me. But in the dream I could not see the face of the man now holding me. Don't really know what all this means. I figure one day I will find out, when the Gods think I'm ready.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)