The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 23, 2019, 02:31:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2019, 02:31:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gemstones/Minerals/Crystals ~ Which are you most drawn to?  (Read 15728 times)
DazzlednFrazzled
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 03, 2007, 03:30:32 pm
United States United States

Religion: Seeking

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 28, 2007, 11:18:07 pm »

Which type of stone, mineral, or crystal would you say you felt most drawn to -- or most useful to you personally?  AND... why?  Smiley

(and include a little information about your favorite if you'd like)

I have always been most drawn to Fluorite.  I've got a nice sized, polished fluorite stone that I have had for 10 years or so now and when I first got it, it was simply because I was browsing through baskets filled with colorful, shiny, some polished, some sparkly, some porous, some raw, some large, some small... stones!  And I just kept coming back to the fluorite... it fits in the palm of my hand and is mainly clear or milky white with fingers of both pale green and violet working their way through.  So, first I bought it and THEN I learned a little about it.

Fluorite: The Genius Stone

Fluorite is a stone which operates on and enhances the mental plane. It is often used to increase the ability to concentrate, and many people have experienced that when they work with it on a regular basis that it can amplify intellectual development.

Its greatest gift to us, though, is its ability to help us connect mind to spirit. It does so by helping to neutralize persistent and unwanted thought patterns so that the mind, instead of keeping itself distracted by constant activity, much of which is resistance to these undesired thoughts, can be at peace.

It does seem to bring about a comfortable, calm, and focused feeling when I hold it or meditate with it -- I have kept it in a pocket while journaling before and when I was in school I occasionally packed it into my backpack and took it with me. 

"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details" ~ Albert Einstein

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #1: May 28, 2007, 11:28:58 pm »

Which type of stone, mineral, or crystal would you say you felt most drawn to -- or most useful to you personally?  AND... why?  Smiley

The types of stones that draw me varies greatly, but there are two that seem to have an affinity for me lately- moonstone and tourmaline.  Moonstone has been a favorite for a long time, mainly for its wonderful ability to ground and balance energy (at least my energy!).  It also plays well with others... so I like to use it in combination with things like amethyst and garnet.

Tourmaline is a relative new one for me; I hadn't worked with it much in the past.  I picked up a black tourmaline pendant a few months ago and it's become a favorite. It's an incredibly protective stone and does wonders when it comes to deflecting negative energy of all sorts.

yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: May 29, 2007, 01:18:02 am »

Which type of stone, mineral, or crystal would you say you felt most drawn to

I love local stones.  Granite with bits of quartz and agate.  Stuff I can pick up on the beach.

Brina
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: May 29, 2007, 06:33:13 am »

I have always been most drawn to Fluorite.  I've got a nice sized, polished fluorite stone that I have had for 10 years or so now and when I first got it, it was simply because I was browsing through baskets filled with colorful, shiny, some polished, some sparkly, some porous, some raw, some large, some small... stones!  And I just kept coming back to the fluorite... it fits in the palm of my hand and is mainly clear or milky white with fingers of both pale green and violet working their way through.  So, first I bought it and THEN I learned a little about it.

It does seem to bring about a comfortable, calm, and focused feeling when I hold it or meditate with it -- I have kept it in a pocket while journaling before and when I was in school I occasionally packed it into my backpack and took it with me. 

None of the above.  I've just never felt an attraction to stones.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #4: May 29, 2007, 10:47:01 am »

Does amber count?  It's not exactly a stone or a mineral or a crystal, though it gets used in jewelry and such in a similar manner.  Wink  I used to be really drawn to amethyst too, though that seems to be waning now.

I don't think it's anything about any energy or whatever that draws me.  It's more...  just outside associations.  Amethyst got me for a long time because it was my birthstone, so I felt like it was "special" for me.  *shrug*  No other reason.  Amber (either light sunshiney yellow or rich honey-gold stuff) gets me now because it reminds me of my Patron.  *shrug again*  Again, no other reason.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Ygraine
Senior Newbie
Last Login:October 06, 2008, 10:11:07 am

Religion: pagan-influenced seeker

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: May 29, 2007, 12:38:45 pm »

I'm not too too into stones, but I tend to be drawn to bloodstone. I don't know why; it's not the prettiest one in my opinion, it just has a good energy. I'll often put it in my pocket, along with red jasper. Sometimes (and it's probably just superstition) I'll wear a hematite ring when I want to stay focused, if I'm taking an exam or something, and I used to wear a turquoise necklace for good luck, before it broke.

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #6: May 29, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »

BTW, DazzlednFrazzled, could you tell us where your info on flourite came from, out of curiosity?  I notice you quoted it, but didn't say where from.  Smiley

Thanks!

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
DazzlednFrazzled
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: May 29, 2007, 11:26:02 pm »

BTW, DazzlednFrazzled, could you tell us where your info on flourite came from, out of curiosity?  I notice you quoted it, but didn't say where from.  Smiley

Thanks!

You know what?   Huh Huh I would!!!  Only I can't find the website now  Undecided

When I posted I did a google search for fluorite, just to get a quick description better than one I'd have typed myself -- and I don't know if I searched fluorite "stone" or "gemstone" or "meaning" or "use"  Huh

I can't find it!!  It came from a website that sells crystals and minerals either rough or polished, spheres and eggs, etc -- and with each one they offered a quick reference to it.  I can't find it.  Will keep looking though, it crossed my mind to add a link in at the time but I didn't do it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:28:32 pm by DazzlednFrazzled » Logged

DazzlednFrazzled
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: May 29, 2007, 11:27:43 pm »

Thanks!

Found it:  http://www.rainbowcrystal.com/crystal/gems/fluorite.html

Arrow
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 26, 2009, 07:38:44 pm

Religion: eclectic shamanic animism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: May 29, 2007, 11:42:30 pm »

I'm especially drawn to green and blue stones.
Peridot helps break out of ruts, but it's energy is said be a little too intense for some people.
Green tourmaline is a good helper for health and prosperity.
Green calcite helps during periods of transition and new beginings.
Moss agate is a gardener's helper and a good stone for house plants. It's also a good stone for healing.

Lapis helps unblock communication and self expression, and helps creativity manifest.
Amazonite also helps creative expression. It is said to be a good stone for musicians. It's also reputed to bring gambling luck.

Arrow

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"I am made of the dust of the stars and the ocean flows in my veins"   (Neil Peart 1989)
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:July 01, 2019, 11:52:17 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: May 30, 2007, 01:30:10 am »

I love local stones.  Granite with bits of quartz and agate.  Stuff I can pick up on the beach.
I'll go with that (minus the beach - different geography).  "Fancy rocks" are all well and good, and there are some I like better than others, but my real soft spot is for ordinary rocks and how effective they can be... even with nothing more high-falutin' in them than interesting stripes, or bits of mica.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
shadowwitch
Apprentice
Last Login:October 24, 2008, 07:26:37 am
New Zealand New Zealand

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: May 30, 2007, 05:57:09 am »

Well most, not all, but definitly most of the stones i "own" and/or am drawn too are feminin in nature- yin stones.
For example: moostone, amethyst, rose quartz and tekties.

This is probably a good thing as i am psychicly challanged, and overly loud and exrtovert. My theory is that the stones are trying to balance me Smiley. Clever lil' rocks.
meandering_mark
Last Login:April 22, 2008, 10:06:44 am

Religion: Homebrew

To seek the Answer, first learn the Question.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: May 30, 2007, 10:45:07 am »

I

Hmmm. There are three stones I find myself drawn to in general... hematite, blue lace agate, and lapis. I find all of them very appealing on the simple "it's attractive" level. [I have a sphere and a merkaba of hematite on my desk at work, and I wear a 150+ year old lapis-in-silver ring almost all the time. A large chunk of the blue lace agate sits on my headboard.]

Now, as for "useful" - the hematite seems to serve as a cue for me to center myself -- I'll grab the sphere as a meditation cue when work stresses me out too much.  Does the stone help me center and regain my calm?  I honestly can't say -- although I should probably experiment with a tennis ball to verify the results.

The lapis ring is 'just a ring'...although a psychometry reading by a sufficiently-gifted psychic might claim otherwise, just because it's been on my hand most of the last decade.

The agate falls into the "it's pretty" category -- I can drift into the sensation of "peace" traditionally associated with that stone by observing it in detail, but that effect is  pretty clearly a case of self-hypnosis.

The only other stone I have that has any hint of a 'ritual' application is a large, emerald-cut rutilated quartz -- I use it as a visual focus for trance/meditation work -- but frankly, anything shiny/refractive will work. I just like having something set aside for the purpose.

I will go out at night and sit on a very large rock  http://tinyurl.com/2gtt3j to watch the stars, if that counts.

[Edited to correct a typo]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:46:52 am by meandering_mark » Logged

Mrak [Meandering_Mark]

To seek the Answer, one must first seek the Question.
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #13: May 30, 2007, 11:43:55 am »

I will go out at night and sit on a very large rock  http://tinyurl.com/2gtt3j to watch the stars, if that counts

I'd count it!  Stone Mountain is a powerful rock unto itself.

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:January 08, 2018, 11:46:26 am
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #14: May 31, 2007, 02:23:47 am »

Obsidian, especially Rainbow Obsidian. Not sure exactly why...perhaps because it's associated with overcoming abuse, maybe because I lived in Hawaii for 8 years, where there is an abundance of volcanic glass, or maybe just because my shamanism teacher told me it was a good stone for me. I have several beautiful pieces, and they help me feel protected.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)